I made a reservation for arrival 3/28/09 with a checkout of 3/30/09 and guaranteed the payment with my VISA card ending in 2722. My children and family became ill on 3/27/09 and we notified the manager at Starfish Manor that we would not be staying. They informed us that they were sorry but it was too late to cancel the reservation and that we would be charged the full amount of $495.05. We felt this was very unfair and not good customer service so we spoke to the manager but she refused to negotiate. On 3/28/09 Starfish Manor attempted to charge our VISA ending in 2722 for the full amount of $495.05. The transaction was denied. They did not call us regarding the issue; but instead, looked in their past records for a reservation that we had previously made, found the credit card that was used at that time, and charged that MasterCard for the $495.05. This charge to my MasterCard was NOT authorized. The Starfish Manor committed fraud!! I have reported them to the Better Business Bureau without satisfaction. The management refuses to acknowledge their FRAUD and will not budge on having charged our unauthorized credit card for almost $500 for nothing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming Hotel right on the ocean. All rooms and suites offer 2 person jetted tubs overlooking the Pacific Ocean and cozy gas fireplaces. Perfect for your romantic getaway! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Ebookers so you can book your Starfish Manor Oceanfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Starfish Manor Oceanfront
- Starfish Manor Oceanfront Lincoln City