Let me say that the location is great. The view is great and the room is also very nice however during our two stay (42) anniversary we opened the door and room was very hot. After some investigation we found that because of the great insulation in the room it stays warm unless you open the sliding door. The room did cool down in about an hour. The problem is that the only way to vent the room is to leave the door open. There is no security screen and you cannot leave it open when you leave or at night because it is on the ground floor. We chose to use the two person jacuzzi tub but it would not hold water. The management fixed the problem but we lost the first day of using this romantic ammenity. Also because we were on the first floor you cannot leave the drapes open during bathing for the ocean view.
Our temperature was a little uncomfortable the first night but the second night was little a better. One other issue I brought to the attention of the desk clerk was that we would have liked to use the lounge chairs on the patio to view the ocean the first morning but someone had turned on the sprinkler for the lawn and water sprayed over the chairs and patio. It would have been better if they had wet the lawn at night or very early in the morning. I brought this information to the attention of the desk clerk and on-line to the company. It has been over three weeks and I yet to have received a response of apology or offer of rate adjustment. One other thing you cannot use the fireplace as a romantic feature because it is the only heat source and since you cannot safely leave the slinding door open it gets too hot. The one window also does not open for venting. If you book this location request an upper room. NO security problem and there are privacy barriers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming Hotel right on the ocean. All rooms and suites offer 2 person jetted tubs overlooking the Pacific Ocean and cozy gas fireplaces. Perfect for your romantic getaway! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Starfish Manor Oceanfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Starfish Manor Oceanfront
- Starfish Manor Oceanfront Lincoln City