“Wonderfull oceanfront resort”

Ranked #8 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Chesapeake, VA
“Wonderfull oceanfront resort”
Reviewed 11 September 2010

Stayed during our trip down the Pacific Coast Hwy. Just a beautiful simply furnished oceanfront room at the Beachfront Manor. Comfortable doesn't begin to describe it. Fantastic staff and the private hot tub on our balcony facing the ocean was perfect after a day of travel and sightseeing.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Aloha, Oregon, USA
Reviewed 10 September 2010

I like to think of myself as an expert in hospitality. Which means I am also very demanding when it comes to customer service, but always give credit where credit is due. Well- it is certainly due here.

The staff has always been very accommodating and welcoming at the time of arrival, (even when we arrive early). Our reservations have never been lost or mixed up, and they have a very cozy but inviting front lobby. Dianna's team, especially Nick and Tina have always been above and beyond my expectations.

The rooms are beautiful. I love the color scheme and the modern feel. I live in my bathrobe when we stay there. It is so comfy! Speaking of comfy- my boyfriend hates every hotel bed we have ever slept on EXCEPT here. And he is picky!

I am a native Oregonian, and have been staying in Lincoln City on vacations since I was in diapers. When I think of the hotels there, I usually think: middle of the road, terrible decor, but okay to stay. THIS IS NOT WHAT STARFISH MANOR IS ABOUT. THEY ROCK. I could not believe this hotel (and I have stayed at 2 of the other properties they own- which are equally as nice) was here in Lincoln City! It is beautiful and highly recommended. This is a perfect place for couples too! I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY RETURN!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Florence, OR
Reviewed 5 September 2010

My husband and I decided to take a last minute trip up the coast to celebrate his promotion at work and my first magazine publication (I'm a jewelry artist) Since it was last minute we were afraid that the Starfish Manor would be completely booked, we had stayed there before and fell in love with it! I went online to their website and was surprised to see that they had quite a few rooms left for the night. I had found a promotion on-line advertising;
"LUXURIOUS JACUZZI / FP SUITE - OCEANFRONT $149/NIGHT - The Starfish Manor Oceanfront Hotel Offer valid: 7/26/2010 to 9/3/2010"
When I called the hotel to book it the receptionist rudely refused to honor the promo as it was a Friday night, even though the advertisement clearly stated that it was valid through 9/3/2010 (which was a Friday) She proceeded to tell me that she had no rooms available, and had been totally booked for weeks now as it was Labor Day weekend, and if I expected to find a room available for this weekend I should had started far out in advance like everyone else. Her attitude was ruining my trip already, so I told her thanks and ended the phone call. As the website showed vacancies for the night I figured I would try to book a room, even though she had given me such a hard time regarding them being so booked up. To my surprise my reservation went through without a problem, funny, I thought they were booked? In the comment section of the reservation I included the link to the promo code so that she could see what I was talking about. Not even 2 minutes had gone by when she had called me, this is the part that really pissed me off, she says to me "I thought I told you that we would not honor that promo" to which I told her that I understood her the first time, I was only sharing the link with her so that she could see the mistake herself. I didn't even question the fact that I had been successful at booking a room in her already booked hotel. Later that night when my husband and I returned from dinner (around 10:30) the 'Vacancy' sign was lit...hmm...I thought they were totally booked??? I think she had told me that so that I would not push the advertising error on her to get a discount on the room, as it were Labor Day weekend and she probably assumed that if she told me that all the rooms were taken then I would move on, and someone else would come along and fill up the room.
Other than that the Starfish Manor is great, very clean, great view, comfy bed, all that good stuff.
My brother is getting married in Florence this coming Summer, he and his fiance are traveling up to Florence (where I live) from California and as their wedding gift I had planned on reserving one of their hot tub suites for them for 4 nights, I think I might rethink that one.
A contential breakfast would have been nice too.
Wi-fi was not working

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cali8172
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed 5 September 2010

We really enjoyed our 2 nights at the Starfish. The staff were friendly and helpful. The view was amazing. A little on the spendy side - even without the "whole shebang" package (roses, chilled champagne, etc..) it still would have been the most expensive stay on our honeymoon. And we prefer to have a full kitchen. But it was very romantic, and we loved it!

Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Coos Bay, Oregon
Reviewed 31 August 2010

My husband and I have stayed at the Starfish Manor 3 times now. We stayed once for our honeymoon and we have stayed 2 other times throughout the last 2 years(We now make an annual trip to Starfish) I don't even know where to begin about this place. It is 100% perfect in every way. When you first check into the hotel it is so easy. There isn't a bunch of paper work to or a bunch of stuff to sign. Every employee we have encountered has been so nice and friendly. Once you enter your room you are greeted by rose pedals all over the bed and all over the jacuzzi and gourmet chocolates on your pillows. The view from the room is absolutely to die for.

I think the best thing about the StarFish is that once you check in...you never see anyone else the rest of your trip. All 3 times we have been there...we never ever saw any other couples, all the rooms and hallways are so private. Its so nice that the hotel will be fully booked..yet you feel like you are the only couple there.

We just booked our 4th stay with the Starfish and we can't wait to go! We booked 3 months in advance because we are that excited. This is definitely the place to go if you are looking for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 29 August 2010

We decided to pick this place as our "mini honeymoon" location after reading all the glowing reviews and it lived up to the hype. The rooms were beautiful and bigger than I expected and the view could not be beat! We stayed at the top level (highly recommended) and had an amazing experience.

The beach access is a little hidden, but just ask someone from the front desk and they'll point you to the correct location, it's only a few minutes away by foot.

Also, the location is close enough to some great restaurants (all by foot) that you don't really need to use your car to get anywhere unless you want to explore a bit.

I highly recommend this location and will probably look to stay here again in the near future!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MoLo16
Redmond, Oregon
Reviewed 25 August 2010

My husband and I stayed on the 2nd floor with the Jacuzzi. It was a very nice, romantic getaway. I liked the fact that we could control the lighting in the room, the spa, and the bathrobes. We really enjoyed our stay there and will probably go back again sometime.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple