“Romantic Coast Getaway”

Ranked #4 of 8 Lincoln City B&B and Inns
Anchorage, Alaska
“Romantic Coast Getaway”
Reviewed 6 June 2010

Nelscott Manor check-in was unusual because the house has no on-site staffed lobby, but we were very pleased with the room and location. It was quiet and private and had an impressive cliff view of the coast with a steep stairway to the beach. The kitchenette was fully equipped and the jacuzzi tub overlooking the moonlit tide is long memorable. The staff kindly provided extra coffee packets on request. There are laundry facilities on site. My only complaint was having to check out by 11, I could have used a few more hours on the beach.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Portland
Reviewed 18 September 2009

Room was nice, however, there was a disturbance in one of the rooms next to ours. After trying to get a hold of the front desk, we ended up calling the "emergency number". Although I understand that it is hard to prepare for any situation, the person who answered the phone said he had no idea what he should do about it. My wife and I made the call around 12:00 am and were never notified that any one from the property management group ever came out to check out what was going on. Upon check out the next morning, I had to bring up the disturbance with the front desk. They told me that i would be contacted about "making things right". We left on a Saturday and on the next Tuesday I received an email from the manager encouraging to come back and let my friends know how great a of a time we had. Not one word about a refund or free night. Not until I sent a email back to the company did I get any communication from the company regarding "making things right'. Eventually they did send a certificate for a free night, however, I don't know if I would ever have gotten the certificate if I had not contacted them.
Very disappointing!!!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cashd
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 13 August 2009

What a great place to stay right on a hill above the beach. The climb up the 3 flights of stairs to the 2 bedroom "Bella" suite was well worth it. We only stayed for one night on our way down the coast and were sorry to leave. The Nelscott Manor is a few miles south of the Starfish Manor where check in is done and is in a residential area which made it quiet and relaxing. I'll stay longer next time.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
seattle
Reviewed 1 May 2009

We stayed here twice, once last summer and then we returned for our anniversary in November. The rooms are mind blowing. Comfortable beds, bbq, kitchenette with all the bar tools and that hot tub... there are no words! And you cant forget about the double shower! We loved flying kites on the beach, relaxing on the patio watching the ocean, bbq'n delicious meals, taking long baths with glasses of champagne and rose petals, and laying in bed with the door open, letting the sea breezes wash over us with a cracking fire in the background. Best hotel I've ever stayed in, hands down.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rhibird
Portland
Reviewed 23 April 2009

We came to Nelscott Manor to celebrate our 5th Wedding Anniversary and it was PERFECT! From the room to the view everything was wonderful! We arrived early and were allowed to check in due to a cancellation the night before. The check in is at a different site but it is less then 3 miles down the highway and really no big deal. The room was beautiful, jacuzzi amazing, and the view from our very private balcony was breath-taking. We will be back and recommend to all looking for a romantic ocean front getaway.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Pleasant hill
Reviewed 23 February 2009

The stay was very nice. we enjoyed every minute we were there. The people at the front desk were very nice. over all the trip was awsome. We will be coming back in a few months. We told all our friends and family about the place . My parents are making plans to go sometime soon, with us. Thanks Lonnie

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Salem
Reviewed 14 November 2008

I recently stayed at the Nelscott Manor with my boyfriend. We wanted a place to go to get away from both of our fast paced work environments. It was wonderful! I enjoyed the special little touches like rose petals on the Jacuzzi. The linens on the bed were so very cozy. It was nice to get away from it all and just relax. I would definately recommend this to any traveler looking for peace and relaxation.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple