“Spectacular view”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hideaway Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lincoln City
Hideaway Motel
Ranked #33 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Portland, Oregon
“Spectacular view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2010

A bit rundown and outdated but overall very nice. We stayed in room #10. Very spacious, bathroom on small side. A great fireplace! Kitchen completely stocked with untensils, dishes, cookware, small appliances, stove and good size fridge. Large deck and amazing view both off deck and out lovely bay window! Very home-like with board games, puzzles and books. Weather not the greatest during our stay but watching the storms roll in off the ocean made up for it.

Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank seatlstarr

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
vancouver.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2010

my friend and i went there for a few days. the rocker was literally falling apart. the 'fold out couch' was FILTHY and IMPOSSIBLE to sleep on. as a result, i spent all that money only to sleep on the floor.
it was quiet, and a nice view, but, unless the upgrade the furniture, i will not be returning.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
4 Thank tamalique

Travellers are raving about these Lincoln City hotels

Silverton, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2010

Oh my gosh, what a wonderful experience! Great price, beautiful room, and hotel managers that made us feel like a friend. This is the only place we will stay in Lincoln City. My husband, myself and our two teens (and our dog) had the best weekend ever! We stayed in the master suite - very charming, home-like feeling; comfortable beds and furniture...we didn't want to leave! Thank you so much for the great experience - we will be back! See you in July! ~The Osbornes

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
McMinnville, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2010

This is an amazing place if you aren't looking for the typical motel room. I live in McMinnville, about an hour away from the Hideaway, and have been going there regularly for nearly six years. I am a writer and find this place the perfect haven to collect my thoughts and charge my creative batteries. The rates are affordable, it's located in the middle of town on a dead end street so it's extremely quiet, the view is outrageous and best of all, it is pet friendly!
Rain or shine, each unit has the cozy feeling of a home. Built over one hundred years ago, this place was originally the home of a sea captain. About 50 years ago, someone split the residence into the very individual spaces that they are now. Each has a flavor of its own. My choice has always been the uppermost unit, The Crow's Nest. My posted photos are taken there. It is my home away from home and even when I can't get there for a few months, I know it is there, waiting for me.
And by the way...... I've seen managers come and go over the years, but the couple handling this wonderful place now are absolutely great people and obviously care about their guests having a good experience.
Don't tell too many people......... I still want to be able to book my room!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank gjkrenecki
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2010

These people do not know how to run a hotel. The bed in #6 is advertised as a queen size bed, it is full size. There was a TV in the "bedroom" no door so not really bedroom, but the TV did not work , at all. How quaint a junk TV in the living room. There is a kitchen, but almost NO cooking utensils. Worst part of experience was we told them 3 people on the phone when they quoted us a rate, we told them 3 people when we checked in, it says three people on our receipt. But later they saw us and said, oh there are 3 of you? you owe us ten dollars for extra person... we had a fairly big argument, they asked us not to return to their hotel...very rude unprofesional people. Also the wood they sell you for fireplace is not well seasoned, shower is crap also as is entire bathroom, only a little moldy.....DO NOT GO HERE!!!!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank greenbus420
portland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2008

1rst The owner actually asked my korean friend if he was from china town when we told him we were from portland. Then at 6:30 am decided it was a good time to check that the door bell worked( which was conveniently located outside our door) and he did this *ding dong dance" for at least 1/2 hour but believe me it seemed longer. I walk up the rickety stairs outside my room to put some things in my truck to find that I had been side swiped. The white paint that had smeared itself about three feet long, matched the owners car color and the green paint that was once only on my truck now lay on his rear bumper!!! OH and I just loved it when I asked him if he knew how that this happened, he had no clue. Well he really has no CLUE. What a weirdo.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — a lot
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank abelia
Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2008

We really enjoyed our stay in the Crows Nest. I think it's a converted attic, and very cute. It's at the tippy top of the building which gave us a fantastic view of the ocean. Very romantic and cozy! It was fun reading the journal of the previous tenants, and looking at all the sea shells and written on rocks that others have placed in the window cell. We wanted our own little rock to put in the window, so we went out to the sea shore using the little pathway from the room, and found some nice stones. We used gold and silver writing pens and made three pretty rocks for others to see that stay at the Crows Nest.

Stayed June 2008