“Great Girl-Cation get away”

Beachfront Manor Hotel
Ranked #20 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
salem
“Great Girl-Cation get away”
Reviewed 20 January 2012

The Beachfront Manor was a perfect girl-cation get away. Room 103 had two walls of windows which afforded perfect beach watching views. We were there during the January storm which gave us snow, gusting winds and inches of rain. We always said we wanted to be at the beach during a storm, this was perfect in every way. The hotel has been remodeled recently and is nicely appointed. The beds are very comfortable with cozy linens, the shower is wonderful and a nice change from the usual weak streams that usually occurs in hotels. The staff was so incredibly helpful and friendly, when the storm resulted in road closures and being unable to get home, we were able to extend our stay without any problem and they provided us with flashlights, extra blankets, and emergency numbers in case the storm caused a power outage. Perfect accommodations, delightful and helpful staff, a wonderful experience which we plan to repeat! Thank you for the relaxing vacation that we wanted. We will be back!

Room Tip: Corner room to take advantage of the great views.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank peg n

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 5 December 2011

Thank you to the folks at Star fish manor / Beachfront manor. Our stay was perfect! The best
customer service ever! Friendly, and accommodating and great off season prices. My fiance and I will never ever forget our stay. (get the hot tub suits!!) The rooms with the tubs are beautiful but don't hesitate, go with the private hot tub rooms instead!!!!!

Room Tip: Go with a private hot tub!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mister11302010
Reviewed 29 November 2011

My boyfriend and I went to the beachfront manor hotel for a romantic getaway. It was wonderful! The bed was super comfortable and the view was amazing! My favorite part was the hot tub on the deck! It was stormy outside and very cold and it was great to sit in the hot tub and watch the waves!
It feels very private there. No one can see onto your deck, except beach combers . It was also nice and quite there. House keeping won't be bugging you unless you call and ask for them to clean your room! We called for them in the afternoon before we left for the beach, and when we came back the room was super clean! The staffs is so nice and helpful!!!
We will be back for another wonderful romantic trip!

Jennifer Young

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Jlynn61076
San Diego, California
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Very nice, beach front room. Kings sized bed. Fireplace. Definitely spring for the hot tub (on the deck facing the ocean), it was awesome. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have a hot tub.
2 Thank Lizzie W
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 13 November 2011

We spent Veteran's day weekend at the Starfish Manor. Don't be misled by the highly positive reviews here, this hotel is actually two different properties. I won't review the main property, the Starfish, we stayed in the Beachfront Manor.

The rooms are large and very nicely (and recently) renovated. However the remodelers made some strange choices in how they laid things out. The bathroom in particular is very small and very cramped, with a sink, wc and shower squeezed into a space that's probably bet for only 2 of them. Service was poor, we could never get the free WiFi to connect, and there are no amenities (like breakfast) within walking distance.

Our first impression of the property was very positive, however the more we settled in, the less we liked it. We'll be looking for other hotels the next time we go to Lincoln City.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Bruce J
Gresham, Oregon
Reviewed 9 November 2011

I ended up at this location by chance and had a great time. The Hot tub was a treat on the deck facing the ocean and ocean front too. The King bed was nice too. The only thing I would like is the shower to be a bit bigger if not with tub.

Ashley and Amanda were so accommodating and a true pleasure:-)

Room Tip: Beachfront or Starfish are great places with updated rooms!
Silverton, Oregon
Reviewed 23 October 2011

My husband and I have stayed in this hotel 3 times now.

The view is amazing... you have a sliding glass door that opens to a covered balcony with a hot tub. This is a very romantic hotel, perfect for a weekend getaway with your spouse or significant other. There are no children allowed in this hotel. Some people have complained about this on the reviews... but thank goodness there are some hotels that have this rule... I love kids but I don't want to listen to someone elses, when I paid to get away from my own for the weekend. Listening to 'mommy he touched me or mommy I have to go pee' can really kill a romantic mood!
However the room has never been clean when we check in. I have to ask them to reclean every time. There is always sand on the floor in the bathroom and the room is so dusty you can tell it hasn't been dusted in quite some time. I asked the front desk(Ashley) to send someone to come clean my room... if there is sand on the floor, I'm sure it hasn't been cleaned properly and I don't want foot fungus... if it is this dusty then the bedding and towels are dusty too... I asked them to bring some fresh towels, and put clean sheets on our bed while we went to eat dinner. They came and vacuumed and cleaned the sand up and dusted the spots I specifically mentioned but they did not change the sheets or the towels as she promised. Even the shelf the towels sit on is covered in dust. Maybe the rooms aren't rented out and they get dusty in between... but I don't care... I paid $600+ to spend a weekend here... the least they can do is dust.

The bad part is that I called before we ever left home and I spoke with Ashley. I explained to her that the room is never clean. She promised that she would make sure our room was clean this time... I paid $100 extra to get rose petals, soda (rather than wine), chocolates, hot tub oils, etc. ... they can take time to lay rose petals on the bed... individually... but not to clean the darn room... come on people... really? Last time I wrote a complaint to the owner/manager and they never bothered to respond, so this time I am writing a review.

CLEAN YOUR ROOMS PEOPLE!!!

If anyone can recommend another romantic place that doesn't allow kids, please let me know because I am tired of this dirty hotel.

Room Tip: Room 203 has the best view!
2 Thank PamelaBall