The reception staff were excellent - friendly and helpful. The housekeeping staff were equally cheerful. The beds were firm and comfortable. The linens were in great condition and the room was spotless. The coffee maker, microwave, and fridge all worked well and were in excellent condition. The bathrobes were nice. The room was steps from the beach and the view was great.
The room had a flat screen TV, but the wires hung from the bottom and the primary light for the room was immediately adjacent to the screen - we had to turn off the light to view the TV. The reception area offered a very wide selection of VCR tapes, but our room had only a DVD player. This was no big deal because we didn't get a seaside room so we could watch DVDs, but it was still rather unusual.
When first entered the room, I wondered if the sound of the ocean might be a distraction when we were ready to sleep, but the room was nearly silent when we closed the door. It was silent until the party in the room above us returned. While the sound-proofing to the outside was great, there was a clear absence of sound-proofing between the floors. I don't know if they were dancing or wrestling, but we heard lots of noise for an extended period of time.
Normally, if we stay in an upscale accommodation, we expect a bit more than a mint on the pillow. I was disappointed that the room was wholly lacking in decor - there was not a picture on any wall, nor any of the expected decorator items. The absence of blackout shades or curtains made the night's sleep somewhat shorter than I would have hoped for.
I thought that it was also odd to have the rain gutter release it's water directly onto the concrete steps next to the room. I'm no building inspector, but I doubted that it would pass building codes. Maybe it was a "feature" rather than an mistake - the water runoff did help remove sand from your flip-flops after being on the beach!
Overall, a nice property with excellent staff, but a few oddities that could be easily fixed . . . and probably will be!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lincoln City's "must see" on the oceanfront. This 30 Unit boutique hotel offers Oceanfront, ocean view, & non-view units -offering units in every price range. The Hotel is right on the beach with direct beach access. Rooms offer pillow top mattresses, upgraded linens & robes, flat screen TVs, DVD, microwaves, small refrigerators - Oceanfront & ocean view units have cozy gas fire places Well known for Beachfront Units with Outdoor Hot tubs overlooking the ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Ebookers so you can book your Beachfront Manor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beachfront Manor Boutique Hotel
- Beachfront Manor Lincoln City