“Good, But a Bit Odd”

Beachfront Manor Hotel
Ranked #20 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed 26 August 2008

The reception staff were excellent - friendly and helpful. The housekeeping staff were equally cheerful. The beds were firm and comfortable. The linens were in great condition and the room was spotless. The coffee maker, microwave, and fridge all worked well and were in excellent condition. The bathrobes were nice. The room was steps from the beach and the view was great.

The room had a flat screen TV, but the wires hung from the bottom and the primary light for the room was immediately adjacent to the screen - we had to turn off the light to view the TV. The reception area offered a very wide selection of VCR tapes, but our room had only a DVD player. This was no big deal because we didn't get a seaside room so we could watch DVDs, but it was still rather unusual.

When first entered the room, I wondered if the sound of the ocean might be a distraction when we were ready to sleep, but the room was nearly silent when we closed the door. It was silent until the party in the room above us returned. While the sound-proofing to the outside was great, there was a clear absence of sound-proofing between the floors. I don't know if they were dancing or wrestling, but we heard lots of noise for an extended period of time.

Normally, if we stay in an upscale accommodation, we expect a bit more than a mint on the pillow. I was disappointed that the room was wholly lacking in decor - there was not a picture on any wall, nor any of the expected decorator items. The absence of blackout shades or curtains made the night's sleep somewhat shorter than I would have hoped for.

I thought that it was also odd to have the rain gutter release it's water directly onto the concrete steps next to the room. I'm no building inspector, but I doubted that it would pass building codes. Maybe it was a "feature" rather than an mistake - the water runoff did help remove sand from your flip-flops after being on the beach!

Overall, a nice property with excellent staff, but a few oddities that could be easily fixed . . . and probably will be!

1  Thank Doc-Diver

Reviewed 22 August 2008

Their website does not do this property justice. We stayed in room 301 and it was much more than I had hoped for.

The room was obviously newly remodeled and was spotless, upscale and had both a fireplace and a private hot tub on the deck ... over looking the ocean. The sandy part of the beach was at the bottom of the steps.

My wife and I were in the state on business and added a couple of personal days and these accommodations topped it all off. Even though I'm an AARP member ... I still like to see the thought of romance put forth.

Rose pedals on the bed was a nice touch, but all details were well thought out by their staff.

No elevators, so beware if you can't do stairs. If you can do the stairs, stay here. Excellent value for the price.

Reviewed 15 August 2008

This place was beautiful... the unobstructed view of the ocean & private balcony were amazing. The room was spacious, amenities were lovely, and it was very clean.

What I did not realize, as their website does not mention it, was that you do not receive daily housekeeping service (and only new towels if you request them.) So... if having your bathroom cleaned and bed made every day is important to you, this is not your place (unless you are only staying one night, of course.)

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
beachfrontdianna, Owner at Beachfront Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2008

I am very happy to hear this guest thought our hotel, location, & oceanfront views were Gorgeous! We do offer daily housekeeping - at no additional cost. I am sorry if we missed telling this guest about this at check in. As we focus on romantic (oceanfront hot tub & fireplace rooms!) we have a "we won't disturb you" unless you request it. Our way of making sure our guests get all the privacy and relaxation they want without being disturbed. Housekeeping can be scheduled at check in or between 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. any day of your stay! Come and Enjoy!

Reviewed 15 August 2008

The Beachfront Manor surpassed our expectations for a romantic anniversary weekend. We stayed on the 6th floor and had an amazing ocean view with convenient beach access. Our room also had a fireplace, flatscreen t.v. and private, outdoor hot tub. What surprised me was how absolutely comfortable the bed was--so much so that my husband actually lifted up the sheets to see what brand the mattress was. The room had all of the amenities we needed for a cozy weekend--fridge, microwave, dvd player, etc. and was right down the street from Blackfish Cafe, where we love to eat. I have already spread the word to friends and family about the Beachfront Manor and we look forward to a return visit this winter.

Reviewed 4 August 2008

My husband and I stayed 2 nights in room 502 - a King bed room with hot tub on balcony overlooking the beach. We loved that the room was at the end of the building so no one walked past our door - in fact we didn't see another hotel guest the entire time we were there. It was perfect for absolute seclusion and privacy. We really felt like the only ones around. The hot tub on the deck was great and the crashing of the ocean waves against the shore was serenity. My only complaint was the bathroom was a shower only (no tub) which made for a very small bathroom and no counter space. The furnishings are nice but not first rate - a solid 3 star. We both really enjoyed our stay here.

Reviewed 1 August 2008

The room was beautiful, bed was comfortable, and we loved the balcony and ocean view. The price/quality ratio was quite good. My one complaint (which left us with a bad taste in our mouth) was the inflexibility on the part of the front desk person. My husband and I called down to ask for a 30 minute extension on the 11:00 check out (as our alarm had not gone off), and the lady at the front desk was completely unwilling to extend the check-out from 11 to 11:30 a.m., saying that her owner would not let her do such a thing and said that in all of the hotels she has been employed in, that those requests have not been honored. To us, this reflected poorly on their customer service given that they market themselves as a luxury hotel. So, other than the poor customer service issue surrounding the check-out, it was a good experience.

• Check-in / front desk
beachfrontdianna, Owner at Beachfront Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2008

I am very glad to hear this guest enjoyed the room and the wonderful views & oceanfront location.

The only possible thing I can say is during the Summer we are really busy so can't accomodate late check outs - but 30 minutes should have been ok'd with no problem.

I am sorry to hear that they weren't accomodated for a slightly later check out time. I will bring this to the front desk's attention.

Reviewed 14 July 2008

My husband and I took a little road trip down the coast from Seattle in early July and made Lincoln City the turnaround point. Our goal was to enjoy world class scenery and feel the "real" ocean. Beachfront Manor Hotel was just the ticket. We left the big sliding glass door open all night, slept on the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever enjoyed (including the Four Seasons in Vancouver) and listened all night to the roar of the surf. The ocean breeze was wonderful. We had a fine view from our rooftop room and even though we were on the north (less open) side, I felt that there was enough privacy to slip into the hot tub unseen. The stairway led directly onto the sandy beach -- perfect for a stroll at dawn.

The room itself was comfortable and upscale, with a fireplace, microwave, refrigerator and an eating area with stools. Everything you read on the hotel website is accurate.

It always feels luxurious to have robes, now doesn't it, and the "spa amenities" exceeded my expectations. The room and everything in it was very clean. There were lots and lots of towels and plenty of pillows. We didn't even feel the need for the flat panel TV or the DVD player, although they seemed very nice.

There is an exceptional restaurant, the Blackfish Cate, within a block's walk.

Altogether, I felt that this stop was a "win". A very good value, as well.

1  Thank Diamondqueen