“Romantic Mid-Week Getaway to the Coast”

Beachfront Manor Hotel
Ranked #21 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed 6 March 2014

My boyfriend and I decided to stay here on Wednesday, 2/26/2014. I had read many reviews of coastal hotels and after narrowing down my options, I decided this was the best place because you just can't beat a private hot tub on your balcony for the price they offer!

I will say first off, try to call ahead for directions because Google maps led us into a condominium complex! It was easily fixed, but only because I remembered where to go from looking at Google Earth the night before.

Check-in was pleasant (check-in is located at the Starfish Manor, 2 buildings to the left), the ladies at the front desk were very helpful and polite, and I liked the complementary coffee with yummy creamers! Also they give you 2 real keys, so there's none of that card business with the risk of deactivation (I've worked front desk, it happens constantly).

I believe there were only 4 other vehicles parked in the lot the night we were there, so it made for a nice and quiet stay.
Our room was on the 6th floor (I requested a specific room when I reserved), which had a king bed, a fireplace, and a large hot tub on the balcony. If you're looking for ease of access, I recommend getting a room on the 5th floor, as this is the parking lot level; floors 1-4 and 6 require lots of stair climbing, so be prepared! Floor 1 are the oceanfront rooms, but the balcony wasn't private at all... I would've hated to stay on the 1st floor!!

While the room isn't all that big, we didn't really notice because most of our time was spent enjoying the amenities! The hot tub with the nearly panoramic view of the ocean was just perfection- and even the next morning when it was raining a bit, we still enjoyed it because there was an overhang on the roof that sheltered us just enough.

For dinner, we drove just down the street to the Blackfish Cafe. They have some amaaaazing clam chowder!!! Also try the rockfish and chips! We took it back to our room and ate at the little window-side table with the gorgeous ocean view.

We switched in between enjoying the hot tub and going down to walk on the beach for our evening activities.

The fireplace did a great job keeping us warm at night, but you've gotta get the hang of the remote first. The bed was BIG and totally comfortable, the sheets were really soft... I really liked that everything seemed a bit more personal; the sheets/blankets/towels weren't just standard hotel issue. It was almost like you were staying at your family's guest house- it just felt more home-y.

The only thing I regret is forgetting to bring our DVDs! That was a bummer. They do however have DVD rentals at the office for $2 I believe, but we just watched some TV instead. Also, there is NO INTERNET ACCESS! This wasn't a problem for us because we wanted to spend time with each other, but if you absolutely need WiFi, definitely check out somewhere else before you decide to stay here!

Overall, we had such a great time, and we are really looking forward to our next visit!

Room Tip: 5TH FLOOR is ideal for anyone not wanting to use stairs because there is NO elevator access at this...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 218ericaw

Reviewed 5 March 2014

We found this hotel courtesy of Groupon. We had a wonderful stay! The hot tub on the deck along with breathtaking views of the ocean...what else could you ask for? We will definitely be back and will recommend to our friends/family

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 26 February 2014

My wife and I stayed here for our 5 year Anaversary. Everything went well from the beginning. We arrived to the area we were sent to for the address via GPS. It sent us to the hotel parking area, not the office. These are two different areas you see, a little confusing but workee for me.

I went in to check in and some poor customers were leaving due to family issues, the staff seemed friendly about their troubles. This was reassuring that if we had any issues then things would be fine. I continued to check in and got things squared away. One thing thst bothered me was when I was about to go they said they would be avilable only till 10pm. I know they are a smaller buisness but in the hotel biz', should their not be service all the time?

As we went to our room we got lost at the beachfront area, this was our fault, there are signs, just, not visable from the parking lot. We where on the 2nd floor from the beach. And yes, stairs galor. Onlu thing I could sudgest is throw some grip tape on those. Also some lights for safty. I personly dont care about lights but, I wouldent let grandma or grandpa down them.

Once you peril the stairs ;), your room awaits. Its pretty cool, you walk into a freshky drawn up room with bed and counters covered with rose pedals. Two robes are drawn for you and the room temp is controiled by fireplace. That was different but nice. The view was amazing, our room was on the far left side so we got both the view down the beach and the direct view of the ocean. Hot tub was awesome and main room looked good.

The ugly.
Not all is well. Showers are way, way too small. Im not some huge fat guy, but im not athleatic either. Bigger space please. Tap water is spuper,super mineral heavy. Not the best for drinking, washing sure, drinking.. Well it wont hurt yea just tasts a little tense.

The biggest issue, and this is a deal breaker for me. Stains. Stains on the carpet. White drops of stains on the carpet. I show up to the "most romantic hotel" and walk into a room with nasty conspicous stains all over. NOPE. These stains left a trail to the bathroom, at least to were the carpet stopped. This said I would stay again only if the staff cleans up. I dont want to have to wear sandals in my room cuz their are nasty leftovers, if you know what I mean.

So make sure your room has had the deep clean from a carpet shampooer and your stay will be rockin!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank fred w
Reviewed 11 February 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Beachfront Manor in room 610. It had the hot tub on the patio which overlooked the beach. The room itself was small but clean and cozy. Exactly what we wanted! We traveled there through the crazy winter weather and the staff was super understanding, letting us check in early upon arrival and sleep in with a later checkout.

The hotel is less than 2 miles away from the casino and multiple places to eat.

Amazing stay! And we will be back there this summer!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Jrwallace23
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Came to this hotel for boyfriends birthday, this place was awesome. We had the beachfront room, it was a corner location and was perfect! Hot tub was great, bed was super comfy. I can't wait to go back, the casino is about 1/2 mile away. One of the best places to go in Lincoln City for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lewallen7039
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I booked a two night stay at Beachfront Manor late last night, at the recommendation of a friend who had stayed there. I used my phone at the time, which is why I didn't get the full web-page experience with all the fine print, but that's pretty typical for travelers on the go.

The expense of the room for off-season was quite a bit more than many similar hotels. We were charged $149 per night plus tax, for the last available room with a hot-tub on deck. There is no breakfast or any other facility on location for this off-season rate, and more digging also turned up that despite being surrounded by other hotels with WiFi, they don't offer that either, which is pretty inconvenient for off-season travelers who may be room-bound.

This trip was meant as a pregnancy getaway, I am a first-time pregnant-lady, and have had a really difficult one so far. We thought it would be nice to get away from it all and have some stress-free time at the beach, but Beachfront pretty much made sure that it wasn't.

I have a disability that sometimes necessitates travel with a service animal, and by the next morning we realized that I would likely need to bring him along after all. I went online to see what their accommodations were for pets, and was dismayed to see they have a strict policy against pets, children under 12, and eating specific foods in the rooms. They fine you $100 for breaking policy. I know that service animals are actually not considered pets, but I found their policy a bit overkill and have also experienced really uncomfortable treatment from guests at establishments with that kind of policy, who don't see my disability and don't understand my animal is a working dog, so my husband called immediately to cancel and ask for a refund so we could stay at one of the MANY hotels that do accommodate.

When he called, they pried into why we were canceling and he revealed that it was in regards to my condition. As a condition of refund they said we would need to provide them with proof of hospitalization. This is a direct violation of my rights as protected under the ADA, and no guest at any hotel should ever be asked to provide such private information. I am deeply offended by that request, and their inability to refund us, especially since we couldn't possibly have given them three-days-notice of cancellation when we had only booked late last night. I also find it problematic that no mention was made at the time of booking about their cancellation policy, nor any of their other policies.

I have written to request a full refund, but honestly I feel like a hotel with good customer service would have recognized right away that the appropriate thing to do would be to refund the fee. Hopefully they see the error in their ways, but at present I am left feeling extra stressed, tapped out financially for a trip I actually saved up for, and really sad that people still don't know how to accommodate folks with disabilities.

Room Tip: Read all the fine print regarding policy before booking. Strict policy against pets may make stay un...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Chandra D
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Spur of the moment trip to the coast; had no idea most of Lincoln City was sold out. Starfish Manor had one room left, the place looked really nice from the outside and they are right on the beach so I thought it would be expensive. Not so, got a non-ocean front room with full kitchen and living area for $99. The room was like a little apartment complete with robes. Individual make remover clothes was a very nice touch that I have not seen in other places. We were able to go down a few flights of stairs and hit the beach in the morning. Will definitely go back and try one of the ocean front hot tub rooms. The sheets were a very high thread count, but I did find the bed a little soft for me.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple