My boyfriend and I decided to stay here on Wednesday, 2/26/2014. I had read many reviews of coastal hotels and after narrowing down my options, I decided this was the best place because you just can't beat a private hot tub on your balcony for the price they offer!
I will say first off, try to call ahead for directions because Google maps led us into a condominium complex! It was easily fixed, but only because I remembered where to go from looking at Google Earth the night before.
Check-in was pleasant (check-in is located at the Starfish Manor, 2 buildings to the left), the ladies at the front desk were very helpful and polite, and I liked the complementary coffee with yummy creamers! Also they give you 2 real keys, so there's none of that card business with the risk of deactivation (I've worked front desk, it happens constantly).
I believe there were only 4 other vehicles parked in the lot the night we were there, so it made for a nice and quiet stay.
Our room was on the 6th floor (I requested a specific room when I reserved), which had a king bed, a fireplace, and a large hot tub on the balcony. If you're looking for ease of access, I recommend getting a room on the 5th floor, as this is the parking lot level; floors 1-4 and 6 require lots of stair climbing, so be prepared! Floor 1 are the oceanfront rooms, but the balcony wasn't private at all... I would've hated to stay on the 1st floor!!
While the room isn't all that big, we didn't really notice because most of our time was spent enjoying the amenities! The hot tub with the nearly panoramic view of the ocean was just perfection- and even the next morning when it was raining a bit, we still enjoyed it because there was an overhang on the roof that sheltered us just enough.
For dinner, we drove just down the street to the Blackfish Cafe. They have some amaaaazing clam chowder!!! Also try the rockfish and chips! We took it back to our room and ate at the little window-side table with the gorgeous ocean view.
We switched in between enjoying the hot tub and going down to walk on the beach for our evening activities.
The fireplace did a great job keeping us warm at night, but you've gotta get the hang of the remote first. The bed was BIG and totally comfortable, the sheets were really soft... I really liked that everything seemed a bit more personal; the sheets/blankets/towels weren't just standard hotel issue. It was almost like you were staying at your family's guest house- it just felt more home-y.
The only thing I regret is forgetting to bring our DVDs! That was a bummer. They do however have DVD rentals at the office for $2 I believe, but we just watched some TV instead. Also, there is NO INTERNET ACCESS! This wasn't a problem for us because we wanted to spend time with each other, but if you absolutely need WiFi, definitely check out somewhere else before you decide to stay here!
Overall, we had such a great time, and we are really looking forward to our next visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lincoln City's "must see" on the oceanfront. This 30 Unit boutique hotel offers Oceanfront, ocean view, & non-view units -offering units in every price range. The Hotel is right on the beach with direct beach access. Rooms offer pillow top mattresses, upgraded linens & robes, flat screen TVs, DVD, microwaves, small refrigerators - Oceanfront & ocean view units have cozy gas fire places Well known for Beachfront Units with Outdoor Hot tubs overlooking the ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Beachfront Manor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beachfront Manor Boutique Hotel
- Beachfront Manor Lincoln City