“Clean, but Greedy”

Beachfront Manor Hotel
Ranked #20 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
“Clean, but Greedy”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

When we first got there we were satisfied with the room, was very clean and tidy. Then we realized it was getting hot in the room, so we opened the windows. Well if you want them open there is nothing preventing bugs or people from getting in, as well as no privacy since they are next to the walk way. Later that day it was 60 degrees outside and 90 degrees in the room. Way to hot! Spoke with front desk who tried to help us but there was no solution, so we asked if we could get a refund or partial refund in order to stay somewhere else, they pulled the NO CAN DO since you signed the paper. Which I totally understand having, but since it was a hotel problem I would think they would want to try and please the customer. I even contacted the manger but no reply. So we had to sleep in a sauna that night! Overall the place was clean but with no privacy and not very good customer service, I don't think I will be coming back or recommending it.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tyrel R

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Bend, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We have been going to the Beachfront Manor since it was remodeled 6 years ago & have noticed a steady decline in the quality of our room. Our last 3 visits we have found garbage in our room. This last visit we had the housekeepers laundry basket & assortment of other used towels & cleaning supplies in our room. The hot tub controls have also been damaged & it makes it hard to change the temperature.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michelle D
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We loved our short trip....3 RRR's rest, relaxation , and romance...we like that it wasn't cookie cutter perfect. It was clean, quiet, and having our own hot tub with a million dollar view was tops...we will return.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Gresham, Oregon
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My boyfriend and I wanted to go to Beachfront Manor for our one year because it looked beautiful online, and just perfect for a romantic getaway. Upon arrival, everything was great from the decor of the room to the view,a dn the hot tub. I LOVED the robes on the bed with the rose petals, thought it was a perfect touch to the room. The only reason I give this just an everage rating VS a excellent rating is becuase early the following morning I went to go out on the deck barefoot and got a shard of glass in the toe. After that noticed there were small shards all over on the deck. I called the front desk, no answer, called again.. still no answer. About 10 minutes later finally got ahold of someone. Housekeeping came right away to vacuum up the mess which was great, but for the time I had to sit and dig glass out of a toe with tweezers (thankfully I had) I would have thought the hotel would have done something to show they were sorry for the inconvenience... even $5 off the room would have done. After my stay I sent the hotel an email letting them know of this, but received no email back. Here it has been a few months and it still bothers me, that I had to write my very first review on this. So although the room and view was great, I'm dissapointed in the fact that the hotel did nothing to show it was sorry for the glass that was left on the deck and went into my foot.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kari S
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My wife and I stayed in room 301 and found the room to be similar to a motel 6 $79 room. We found the attention to detail in a room priced as this was ridiculous. Motel 6 coffee with only one pack, holes in the walls, wires from the TV/ DVD strung everywhere, no AC, a small fan that didn't do anything was provided, hottub cover was secured with a rope, paint missing /worn out in the room, hottub head rests were dirty/stained and the carpet seemed to be old and worn out. We both agreed that the room we stayed at the competitor next door was a way nicer room for half the price. On the plus side the hot tub was nice and view was great from the balcony but it sure would have been nice to have a couple cups of coffee while enjoying our morning in the tub without having to leave our room to get decent coffee. We both agreed that we would never spend that kind of money at this place again until it was remodeled.

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank MHcap
Thousand Oaks, California
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We stayed here for one night during our drive along the Oregon Coast. The proximity to the beach is great. It is right on the beach and just a short walk down the stairs to get on the sand. There is a convenient foot wash at the base of the stairs after leaving the sand. The location is not very kid friendly. We could only stay in certain rooms with kids and noticed financial penalties for violating the rules. I understand that people go there for romantic getaways and I respect that. I am all for adult only getaway locations. However, I would recommend they just don't take reservations with kids rather than making you feel somewhat unwelcome when you arrive. The exterior of the building is deep dark depressing brown which gives it an old look. The room was freshly painted and the beds were very comfortable. We had a two bedroom which was great for the four of us. Check-in was at a different location a short walk away. The bathroom was small. Inside our room there was a creepy door that looked like it connected to the room next door.I was unable to unlock the door and unable to secure it from being opened from the other side. There was no deadbolt for me to make sure no one entered from the other side so I had to set up a booby trap to make noise in case someone opened the door from the other side, thereby entering our room. I asked the housekeeping staff what the door was but due to her limited English I don't think she understood my concerns. I would recommend management allow the person in the room to secure the door from the room side or wall it up completely. I slept very lightly due to this concern. Pros: the location.

Room Tip: Don't have kids with you.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Elmira, Oregon
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed here for our anniversary, in room 202 only because the rooms were pricy ($229!) so thought we were going to be staying in a very nice hotel. We paid less for a nicer room just outside of San Francisco! I get that the beach environment is pretty hard on everything, BUT..stains on carpet, stains on sheets, rust on my washcloth after hanging on the shower rod, and stuff floating in the hot tub which we didn't see until after we got in. Yes, I said stuff floating in the hot tub! Needless to say, we got out of it in a hurry. (The hot tubs are actual hot tubs with water already in them, yuck!) The rest of the room felt clean although run down, but eeeww.... the hot tub. I had to check out early so didn't get to speak to anyone as the front desk is not staffed until 9am. Also, a little misleading online as I thought I was staying at one hotel and when I got there they said we were staying at the other one "down a little ways". Had to walk back to the other hotel as the ice machine was out of order at ours. No WiFi and couldn't get very good service on my phone from the room either. Wouldn't stay there again at that price.Way overpriced.

• Stayed July 2014