Beachfront Manor is one of several properties operated by Starfish Manor and/or onthebeachfront.com (Star Fish Manor, Beachfront Manor, Nantucket Inn, Nelscott Manor). We originally booked 4 nights at the Nantucket, but at the last minute our room was closed for repair due to heavy winds and rain, so we were upgraded to the Beachfront Manor at no additional charge.
We were on the 2nd floor facing the ocean. You couldn't get any closer to the beach without being built over the beach on pilings. The front foundation of the property is literally on the beach, and at high tide the waves reach the bulkhead - to which the front deck extends even with. On the private deck is a 2 person hot tub, which was clean, pre-filled, hot and ready to go. There's nothing quite like a private hot tub on a deck overlooking the ocean. It's a romantic getaway destination for sure.
Now for the actual room, well...it's just a room. Nothing fancy - in fact I would go so far as to say it would have been a disappointment if it were not for the view, proximity to the water and the hot tub. There was a smaller flat-screen TV and a gas-powered, thremostat-controlled fireplace...but the room just felt average to us. Not bad average, but it just isn't "special" either.
It's a few flights of stairs to get to your room as well. No elevators. If it's windy and raining you get moderately wind blown and wet getting to your room from the small exposed parking area. Just an FYI, this wasn't a big deal for us - but an elderly couple with heavy bags might want to make prior arrangements for assistance at check-in (there are no personnel on site, the front desk is at Star Fish Manor nearby, but at the Beachfront Manor you're on your own).
If you love the ocean and being close to the water, and you're looking for a romantic setting, this is the place for you. But if you like the creature-comforts of a 4 or 5 star hotel, look elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lincoln City's "must see" on the oceanfront. This 30 Unit boutique hotel offers Oceanfront, ocean view, & non-view units -offering units in every price range. The Hotel is right on the beach with direct beach access. Rooms offer pillow top mattresses, upgraded linens & robes, flat screen TVs, DVD, microwaves, small refrigerators - Oceanfront & ocean view units have cozy gas fire places Well known for Beachfront Units with Outdoor Hot tubs overlooking the ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Beachfront Manor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beachfront Manor Boutique Hotel
- Beachfront Manor Lincoln City