“Average Hotel with a fair price”

Inn at Lincoln City
Ranked #25 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Gresham, Oregon
“Average Hotel with a fair price”
Reviewed 13 August 2011

The first thoughts that pop in to my mind when I think about this hotel are, great location, good prices, mediocre room. Let me break it down:

The location is pretty outstanding. It is right along the D river and across the street from the beach. We stayed on the second floor (dog friendly floor) and had a view of the ocean. It is nice to be able to walk across the street and be on the beach without having to find a place to park.

Prices are good for the quality of room/location. At the time they had a midweek special for 59.95 a night going and only an additional 10.00 fee for your dogs.

The rooms are probably where this hotel lacks a little. Let me start by saying do not stay here if you are looking for luxury. Stay here if you are looking for a economical room, yet has a view, and you plan on being out of room more than you plan on being in it. The paint is chipped in some areas, carpet has stains, DVD player skips with the smallest of blemishes on the DVD, TV is small, and the patios are those ones that you can just put your feet on. I will say the shower heads were at a nice height, our room did have a microwave and fridge, and the king bed was very comfortable.

Overall I would say stay here if you plan on being on the beach or out on the town and only plan on using the room to sleep. For the luxurious traveler this place is not for you.

Room Tip: 2nd floor is dog friendly... keep that in mind when booking
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Good room for the price. Clean, good breakfast, and nice rooms.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Ayetter
Hillsboro, Oregon
Reviewed 1 August 2011

REVIEW UPDATE July 31st 2010: Robin contacted me through facebook a few days after posting my original review (see bottom of page) and apologized by writing

“Dear Trent,
I am so sorry that you had the difficulties with making your reservation. We were in a transition period with new managers and there was no reason for them to mark you. I will go in and remove all of that and I really hope that you will give Lincoln City Inn another chance to make this right for you. Thank You for letting us know that this problem had happened.
Robin”

I called the Lincoln city inn and was able to speak to Robin in person. I could tell by the sound in her voice that she was very sincere in her apology to me. Robin said she went through all of the past times we stayed there and could not find any information about our being blacklisted to my surprise. She sounded maybe a little overwhelmed about how many complaints there was about the old managers and her trying to make everything alright with past patrons who had similar difficulties. Robin then assured me that they were “Down the road, and are no longer employed at the inn. ” Robin then offered to send me a certificate in the mail for one free night’s stay at a future date. I accepted her offer and plan to update this review again for the final time after our next visit.

ORIGINAL REVIEW
“They canceled my reservation without notifying me!”
Reviewed July 20, 2011
This used to be our favorite place to stay in Lincoln city. We have stayed at this place over a dozen times. I had made reservations a month in advance because we were going to a concert at Chinook winds casino. I called the day before to confirm our reservation and was told they canceled it because we were blacklisted for trashing the room the last time we stayed there. My jaw dropped to the floor as my wife and I stared at each other in disbelief. I have no idea where they got that information. At the most there was a little trash on the floor around the garbage can because it was full. Also I think we forgot to leave a tip for the maid which we normally do in case there is more trash than normal (from eating in the room). I tried to state my case to the manager but they wouldn't listen nor did they explain how it was trashed. I wish I could have spoken with the owner. We used to love this place. We would stay here maybe four times a year. The management back in 2006 2007 was nice. Maybe it was a blessing in disguise because we have found better and friendlier places to stay in Lincoln city.

Trent A. Freytag
Hillsboro, Oregon

Room Tip: Ask for 301 or 401 the Jacuzzi suites are nice!
Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Traveling to the Oregon Coast, we decided to go down a day sooner. The hotel we did book for the rest of our trip was full, and prices were out of this world, as were many hotels on the coast this weekend. It was beautiful weather, and apparently people took notice & all went to the coast for the weekend also. Frustrated after calling several hotels with one night costing between $139-$399...I called Lincoln City Inn. They were very friendly to me on the phone, and offered me an oceanfront room w/balcony on the highest floor for $99 + tax!!! I immediately booked with them, and was also told that they had continental breakfast as well! We were greeted warmly, and the view from our room was lovely. The hotel sits directly across the street from the beach, and the only obstruction of view are electrical lines. Other than that....beautiful view. The balcony is one of those tiny ones..enough for your feet only, but no complaints. The only thing that really bothered me, was the creaky springs in the bed...made me think somebody had jumped on the beds alot. But slept comfortable for the most part. I did have a hard time sleeping between 2 am-- 6 am....apparently, some guests were up very late or just checking in...were very noisey and speaking loud in the halls & had a dog who barked loudly & startled me awake at one point. Not sure what that was all about, but at least our kids slept through all the noise. Other than that, this was a good hotel for the price & think the view & location can't be beat!

Room Tip: Ask for oceanfront..the other rooms face the D River (opposite the ocean) and the parking lot.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
St. George, Utah
Reviewed 22 July 2011

We had a great room on the top floor facing the ocean. Comfortable king size bed. Gave us a great price. Treated us well.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Montesano, Wa
Reviewed 30 June 2011

Lincoln City Inn was a quiet place to stay during the week. We have stayed there three times and have had the same room each time. That is probably because we bring our dog. The room is clean. We love the view of the lake but if you choose to have a view of the ocean, which is just across the street it will cost you more. If I were going to have an ocean view I would want to be closer to enjoy. The morning continental breakfast is a nice touch. The spa room is large but the spa is small maybe would seat 4 to 6 people. This is an older hotel that does need some updating. The rates change depending on who answers the phone...........That is something that I don't care for.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed 23 May 2011

I arrived at this hotel on a weekend job having to do with a business in town. It was stated in their advertising that internet was free with the room. I choose this hotel in large part because of this. I needed the internet to do my work and I had to work late into the night.
Well, I wasn't told until after they ran my credit card at the desk and charged me in FULL for the entire stay at check in ( a policy I never see) that the building was under contruction. My internet was down. I was told it would be fixed but Saturday went by and then sun. I was told that since it was a free service it was not required to fix! Can you believe this! Well, I almost lost my job. I had to beg to get it back on Monday after talking with the big bosses.
The manager pulled in with his wife just as I was leaving. I told him what happened and how his workers had refused to call him for me. He told me he would send me a free stay in the mail. It has been a month and no free stay! What kind of establishment has GM's who lie!
If you want to be treated with respect-do not stay here. Oh, by the way, I also found someones used up food under my bed one day after lifting up my blanket. Good maid service as well! YUK.

Room Tip: go down the road to any one of the other 50 hotels
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank mercy164
LincolnCityInn, General Manager at Inn at Lincoln City, responded to this review, 31 May 2011
I am very sorry for the inconvenience of the construction and wifi being down during your visit. As of May 15, 2011 we had a company from Portland come in and make the necessary changes and have had no other problems with the wifi from that date.

Also, as of May 16, 2011 there are is a new management team. Personally, as one of the new General Managers of this hotel, I can assure you that we will never lie to guests or make promises that we don't intend on keeping. We will be running this hotel with integrity and with the ultimate goal of our guests having a pleasant experience staying with us.

Travellers are raving about these Lincoln City hotels