“i was over charged”

Ranked #25 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Salem, Oregon
“i was over charged”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I was brought my 3 dogs and paid $30.00 extra a night for having them. after first night, I brought them home, because they weren't comfortable being away from home. I let the manager know, before bringing them home, so I would not be charged for second night. Was charged anyways and manager refused to credit it back to me, saying it was for extra cleaning charge. my dogs didn't chew or scratch anything, nor did they potty in room. However 1 of my dogs was in heat and got blood on sheets. Sheets were changed the morning dogs left, so it wasn't like they were left for any amount of time. And anybody who has dogs know, its a very light colored blood that requires noting more then washing and it comes right out and. they had to wash the sheets anyways. But tried telling me they had to throw them out. I don't believe them because my dog did it to my bed at home too, more then once and it has never stained.
I used a coupon when reserving room and believe manager didn't like me getting room at discounted price and used that as an excuse.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank linda t
LincolnCityInn, General Manager at Inn at Lincoln City, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
I want to apologize that you didnt understand why I had to charge for this issue. First of all, these are one of the reasons why alot of hotels dont allow dogs anymore. Second, most places only accept 2 dogs and I was willing to let you have 3 under stipulations that the dogs would not cause damages. After the first night you stayed, the next morning you told us that you were taking the dogs home because they didnt feel comfortable here. Never did you mention that they had gone into heat and left blood on the covers, and by the way, slipping my housekeepers $5.00 does make up for the fact that the sheets could not be cleaned, and were thrown out after three times of using blood and protien removal. Us throwing the sheets out was for other guests not having to use blood stained sheets. We have a very good housekeeping and laundry staff that take pride in their job and are not classified as "lazy". Because you could not get your refund back because of the damages of you animals, you have chosen to respond on Tripadvisor, which is honestly abuse of the privelage to use this site.
I do want to let any future guests know that we do make a great stride to make sure that all linens and towels are cleaned to 100% cleanliness and perfection to assure very a comfortable and clean stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Pasco
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We were on a road trip from Eastern WA to San Francisco and back and I booked this place online. After staying at two previous Quality Inns, I was VERY nervous about what to expect when we stopped here. I was pleasantly surprised to see it's location right next to the D River across from Beach access! The desk person was pleasant, but a little snippy about California for some reason, and set us up in a good queen room facing the beach. The room was clean with a couple of stains on the floor (probably from dogs as they are allowed here), with good comfortable beds. the bathroom was clean as well. The breakfast area was a little larger than the other two we stayed at but still was on the small side. I did not appreciate the lady who brought her dog through the food line as there are laws regarding animals in food areas. That said, the breakfast was your average waffle and other type of set-up. Nothing special. We did not use the over-sized hot tub, but it looked clean. I'd stay here again and recommend it to people looking for a good deal near the beach without the beach price.

Room Tip: Great for beach access without the beach price at other hotels/resorts.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
MORENO VALLEY
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Very difficult getting the room I wanted on a somewhat early check in (1:30pm). Front desk clerk was very unaccommodating. Kept saying "I'll check", then would say, no, we don't want to have one on the top floor. The top floor is completely full? No, but we have people checking in those rooms during your stay. So why would people checking in after me have precedent before me, who is checking in NOW? Okay I'll check. Urrrh. Otherwise very friendly people.

But good size room with ocean view, small sofa, no coffee table, tiny flat screen with lots of stations but many that didn't work (don't depend on provided list of stations, its about 50% accurate). Microwave display would not light. Mini fridge. When you have a four-story hotel, the single ice machine should NOT be on the first floor! Need more places to put bags, yes, wow, I have more than ONE bag!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank drdroad
LincolnCityInn, General Manager at Inn at Lincoln City, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
I want to first off apologize for your problem at checkin. On weekends we do have all of our rooms reserved for our guests, so this makes all our rooms top priority. We do have guests call in personally to request rooms on specific floors. This will make it so some guests who have not made those special requests automatically assigned to different floors but the same room type. We still were able to accomodate you with the room you reserved, but we do have a 3 pm check-in (this is the time to make sure all of our rooms are prepared and ready for you and other guests.) so asking my housekeepers to speed up and hurry would create more error and give our hotel a bad name that our housekeepers dont take enough time in the rooms cleaning them. If you would have given us at least an hours notice then we would guaranteed your room ready on time If I was to not honor requests that were made and promised then I would have problems with not only you, but with other guests also. We are all about customer service, but we cant just think about one guest, we have to think about everyone. If I was to promise you a room on the top floor prior to this reservation and then someone came in to checkin before you and wanted the same floor, I believe you would be pretty upset if I put you on a lower floor, just because they came in earlier, but I still disobeyed your request that was promised and guaranteed. About the TVs, we do advertise for 32" flat screens in every room online and we do follow through with that. We just put those in the rooms in the past year and really thought that our guests would like a change from the huge 27" that we had prior to the change over to Quality Inn from the Lincoln City Inn. We hope that you take everything I have recommended to heart the next time you stay with us so we can assure you everything you desire for your stay. If you would like a bigger screen next time you stay with us, our Jaquzzi rooms on our ocean side all have 42" screens with King beds and 2 person whirl pool. Thank you for the review and hope to see you again in beautiful Lincoln City oregon
Oregon
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This hotel was wonderful. We had an oceanside room with incredible view of the fireworks. We did not have to move the car to go to the beach, just walk across the street and there you are.The staff went out of their way to make us feel welcomed. This hotel has only been in the Choice chain for a year and already it is a shining star. The breakfast had many choices so we had something different every day.
Thank you for having such a wonderful place on the Oregon coast.

Room Tip: ask for oceanside
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank smilinglady13
LincolnCityInn, General Manager at Inn at Lincoln City, responded to this review, 14 July 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our establishment. We pride ourselves in our breakfast, service and view. Were glad you chose to stay with us on your 4th of July weekend. We hope to see you again soon in beautiful Lincoln City oregon.
Seal Beach, California
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Location, location, location! Very nice staff. We had a large suite across the street from the beach. We enjoyed the wonderful ocean view from our balcony. The room was nicely decorated. We were on the third floor, with most of the ground floor serving as a covered parking area. Our room was shaking quite a bit throughout our stay and one of the other guests said it was because part of the building was on stilts. A little weird. The air conditioner was extremely LOUD and the motor would roar every ten minutes or so. I had to turn it off to sleep. If they fixed the AC I would happily return.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MissssBeachy
Thank you very much for the wonderful review of our establishment. Weve put alot into making this place a wonderful and enjoyable place to relax and take a quick or long trip to destress from the day to days. We hope youll make the trip again soon to come visit and stay with us again in beautiful Lincoln City Oregon.
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, Usa
Reviewed 26 June 2013

The hotel looks a little shabby on the outside, and the lobby isn't much better, but the rooms are newly refurbished and very comfortable. Everything was clean and the hotel staff was very accommodating. They had a hot breakfast buffet in the morning. The staff was even kind enough to find me some milk for our baby at 9 PM at night so I didn't have to run out and buy some. There is no pool, just a jacuzzi. Would stay again, decent value for the money.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank 56LisaG
Thank for choosing to stay with us in beautiful Lincoln City Oregon. Thank you very much for noticing and pointing out to future guests and visitors that our rooms dont match the outside, but now they do. We are now finally into our big paint job that will be finished by July 19th. The building is already looking a hundred times better and cant wait till you come back to stay with us and and enjoy the work we have put in to make your stay more pleasurable and enjoyable
Morro Bay,Ca.
Reviewed 22 June 2013

We stayed only one night but would not hesitate to stay more.Rooms are clean bed is comfortable. We had a lovely view of the lake with lots of birds to watch.Excellent service from the front desk.We even received printed up directions when asking for directions.Breakfast was good in the morning.It was very quiet here & I had a good nights sleep.Don't listen to anything negative here because it's not true.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank DiannMorroBay_Ca_
Thanks for choosing to stay with us in beautiful Lincoln City Oregon. We hope you come back to visit us again soon.