“Family friendly house, feels like home when you...”
other traveller has booked this property
Fire Pit w/Adirondack Chairs 12' Play Structure/Tree House w/Slide
Hot Tub/Deck/Yard Space
Parking for 4 lg vehicles
Pet Friendly w/Fee
5 Train Geo Trax Set
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
brig1648
Eugene, Oregon
“Family friendly house, feels like home when you walk in.”
Reviewed 8 August 2018 for a stay in August 2018
person found this review helpful

We had our family reunion last weekend, rented 2 houses for our families. This house is great, has 2 separate tv areas. a table large enough that our family enjoyed meals together. The kitchen has plenty of dishes and pots and pans for cooking.
The bedroom are all nice, plenty of bathrooms. there are 2 sets of washers and dryers to keep up with a family.
pool table and air hokey games to entertain you. The yard has a nice fire pit and play structure for the kids. This house is kid friendly. We enjoyed our stay and will plan to use this for our next reunion. The owner is great with communication and easy to work with.

Tina S
Salem, Oregon
“Watch out total Scammer!”
Reviewed 7 August 2018 for a stay in June 2018

After staying at this grungy place, the owner proceeded to in a very rehearsed style call us and tell us our dog which was never at this property had ruined the carpet (30yr old). I rented this property under my name and credit card for my brother and his family for a family reunion, they did not have any pets or animals that were with them. But I made the mistake of renting a Nother house from the same owner in which we had a service dog with us, so he assumed that we were going to have a dog at this house in which he could get away with trying to charge us for all of the nasty old stains all over his house and blame it on our service dog that was staying at a different house and never laid a foot on this property. He also proceeded to try and charge us a pet fee when there was no pet. Bottom line, this guy has done this before and definitely had rehearsed how to try and scam people. When he realize that I had photos and evidence he quickly backed off but still acted like he was doing me a favor.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
10 Aug 2018
Opening up one's home to guests has it's up & downs. Unfortunately I took a reservation with this guest on two properties & wish I could get a do over. It's hard enough to get positive reviews, but two months later this guest posts a 1 Star Review. Upon guest departure, the handy man was dispatched to help cleaner to make property available for the next guest including carpet cleaning from guest caused stains. Extra cleaning costs were waived given contentious outcome on other property. So now over a month later, guest is being spiteful in posting a 1 Star Review to this property as well. I hope any potential guest reading her review/response will take it for what it is.
sburns791...
Salem, Oregon
“AAAAMAZING getaway for the entire familly!!!!”
Reviewed 16 July 2018 for a stay in July 2018
people found this review helpful

My husband and I decided our family(2 adult, 3 children ages 10, 9, 2) was in need of an extended and much needed vacation. I am a researcher, so I was all over the web trying to find just the right place. I can say without a doubt, I DEFINATLEY found it at The ‘Beach Retreat’ House!!! We stayed here at the beginning of July. This house not only met but exceeded our expectations. I had read the previous reviews and was baffled on some of the comments. The house is super kid friendly, and I am one of those helicopter parents, but felt totally safe letting all 3, yes even the baby, run around and explore the Island of a backyard. We were there for 9 days and not ONCE did my kids complain of a thing! The house itself, although a bit dated, was PERFECT! It was clean and spacious. Plenty of room for everyone to sprawl out. We do not have any pets, but I know they accept them so I was a little worried about there being a “dog smell” but you would not even know they do, no hair no smells. It seemed the carpets had just been cleaned(which I appreciated) and everything was very tidy. The hot tub was aaamazing. The neighborhood is super peaceful and it is a very short walk to a beautiful little spot on the beach. One of our favorite things(besides the backyard itself and the pool table) was the fire pit! We had a little fire almost every night. We also BBQ’d the whole time we were there and never had any issues. There was plenty of towels, blankets and bedding. They have all the kitchen supplies you could ever need and the dining room is huge! I also want to mention how comfortable the beds were, we all slept sooo well! I love how conveniently it is located, too! I could go on and obviously we had an amazing time but the last thing I will mention is how well we were treated by Steve. He is a very fair and generous person. His communication is on point and it definitely made a positive impact on us!! We will 100% be back! Hopefully next 4th of July, if no one gets it first!!

27 Jul 2018
Thanks for sharing an awesome review on our "Beach Retreat" house for this 8 night July stay. We hope to see you back for many future visits & showcase upcoming improvements with a new hot tub, new carpeting, & kitchen remodel at some point.

Thanks again,
The Dopps Family
nreynolds...
Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
“House needs Cleaning Attention”
Reviewed 5 June 2018 for a stay in June 2018
people found this review helpful

This was the first time that my family and I stayed in Lincoln City on the beach. We were on vacation from Hawaii. The location was good and in general, the house was decent. It is a good house for families who have young children, but not so much for people who are older. When we arrived, we instantly noticed that the house needed some work on the outside. On the side of the patio there was what it looked like a piece that was broken off. It just didn't seem to safe or sturdy. The wood also looked very old. With that, the playground was very rusty and didn't look safe for children to play on, although we did not use the playground at all. The BBQ that is outside was very dirty and a fire hazard with a lot of grease on the bottom. From the first time we used the jacuzzi, the water in it was green and we had to take out all the leaves from it ourself. When we stepped foot in the house, it was very smelly. It smelt basically like a wet dog. The stove wasn't wiped down and it was very gross. In the parlor/game room it smelt very bad. There was also dog hair on the carpet, almost as if it wasn't vacuumed. Although we were not in the house most of the stay, it was an okay house and a safe neighborhood. Before leaving the house, we made sure that it was spotless and cleaned it very thorough. On our way back to Hawaii, we got a call from the owner claiming that someone had pooped in the jacuzzi, of which nothing like that happened. There is a possibility that the jacuzzi filtration system may be failing, who knows but we definitely did not do such thing. Being accused of something we did not do was not appreciated due to the respect we have for other peoples property. We weren't in the house most of the time and we cleaned the house when we got in. Therefore we didn't feel like it was necessary to actually complain about it. We really just wanted to enjoy our stay. Overall the stay was alright, but there is a little cleaning issue that could be monitored possibly by a realtor or a thorough inspector.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
5 Jun 2018
Unfortunately, this review is the result of $100 deduction from guest's security deposit for an unscheduled cleaning by B & T Hot Tub Cleaning. This is the exact text as received from independent local company.
Hey Steve...
I came 51st street to service the hot tub to discover that the guest that checked out left the hot tub pooped & super dirty..its clearly a drain & fill,.. see attached pictures
With the previous guest departure running late after the 11:00 am departure & this guest's arrival that afternoon, cleaner was rushed especially as guests arrived several hours early. Any issues with decking & BBQ will be addressed.
katiecD16...
Lake Oswego
“House needs work”
Reviewed 20 May 2018 for a stay in May 2018
people found this review helpful

This was our second stay at this home. We choose it again because we have young children and the backyard is very nice. When we arrived we noticed right away the backyard was very over grown. The grass can up to my children’s knees. We had planned to bbq that night with our friends but with toddlers, we felt it was a little dangerous to be running around in it. I called the owner who requested pictures of the yard and was able to eventually get the grass cut 1-2 hours later. In the mean time we ended up eating at a restaurant until it was taken care of. The house it’s self smelled very bad of fish and wasn’t in great condition. We needed extra blankets for the kids that night and most of them were extremely old and stained. In our bedroom there was liquid all over the wall and the carpet looked like it never been cleaned.
The kids really enjoyed the back yard and we managed to enjoy our stay. We requested a late check out and was surprised when the owner asked me how much I was willing to pay. I thought he was joking. Turns out, a week later, he was serious when he deducted $40 for the late check out, $100 for the extra hour the house cleaners charged him and “draining” the hot tub and random damages. We had no idea what he was referring to. We are a group of very responsible parents and have never been nickel and dimed before with our security deposit.
We won’t stay here again. In the end the house was a $650 weekend and we could of stayed at a much better rental for that.

21 May 2018
I really appreciate all of my guests & even more so my returning guests. But on a rare occasion, I have to make a determination of whether it's worth having guest back by absorbing cleaning fees outside of what was paid & accommodating arrival/departure times 4 hours outside of what is published. Unfortunately, I wish all the best for this guest in finding a new beach house to build memories with her family.
StoneD1
“A great family friendly Beach retreat”
Reviewed 10 May 2018 for a stay in May 2018
person found this review helpful

The House is within walking distance to the beach, and in a very quiet neighborhood. It had a spacious yard with a BBQ and Fire Pit that we enjoyed! It was a perfect Birthday Beach retreat!

Your age range 50-64
14 May 2018
Thank you for taking the time to post a great review.
Steve
sheesh32
Lowell, Oregon
“Amazing”
Reviewed 27 December 2017 for a stay in March 2017
person found this review helpful

My fiance and I decided to take our kids on a spring break trip and allowed them to take some friends. We had the best time and the weather was perfect. The beach house was everything we expected. We really love the fact that our two daughters were so young that they had an amazing play structure to play on in the front yard and the teenagers really loved the hot tub, pool table and all of the video games. I think that this house is very family-friendly and can accommodate to any age staying in that house. Hands down the best beach house we've ever stayed at. Steve was very accommodating and went out of his way to make sure we understood how everything worked because we had never rented a beach house that way before. I definitely have and will continue to recommend this house to everyone I know.

28 Dec 2017
My family appreciates this review as well at your revisit next June 2018. We hope to accommodate many more future trips as well as more upgrades to this property.
Thanks again,
The Dopps Family
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing