“This Place and the People who work there are Great”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Lincoln Sands Oceanfront Suites
Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Carlton, OR
“This Place and the People who work there are Great”
Reviewed 13 April 2009

I love this place I always get the end loft with the extra room, Nice and quiet and Ocean Front

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Portland, OR
Reviewed 12 April 2009

I stay at this hotel around once a month or so. I live in Portland and it is so nice to get out of the city for a couple of days. This hotel is a gem in the sand! My friend and I happened upon it by chance one time last year and from that visit onward I have fallen in love with it. The rooms are very spacious. I love being able to have the ability to cook a meal in my room as they have a fully functioning kitchen in each room. They've since upgraded all of their suites (which are actually more like one bedroom apartments with two bathrooms!). The countertops are all granite, the shower/bathtubs have granite walls. The beds are absolutely perfect. I've slept on both the murphy bed in the living room and the bed in the bedroom and they are equally comfortable. They've put in very nice LCD tv's in the living areas, they offer free wi-fi. It's important to note that their wi-fi connection does suffer a little when the weather is bad because it is transmitted via satellite--but that's not the hotel's fault, and they are very accomodating. They allowed me to borrow, for free, a LAN cable to provide a faster wired connection on my last stay. The staff are all very pleasant and kind. I've stayed dozens of times and am absolutely impressed each time I stay there. I'd recommend this place to anyone! It's more comfortable to stay at than a Hilton or Embassy Suites. Thanks for the great service, and I'll be staying there again in a month or so!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mgambino79
rocOregon, Regional Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lincoln Sands Oceanfront Suites, responded to this review, 21 May 2009
Thank you for your review! It's very gratifying to know that you enjoy staying with us and sharing your experience! The pictures you posted are awesome!

TR
Regional Manager
Pacific Northwest
Reviewed 15 March 2009

After a relaxing soak in an immaculately clean two-person jacuzzi, we were ready for a walk on the beach which was just a few steps away from our patio door.
From the large window and large patio door window, we watch the waves with their heavy rolling and foaming white caps; great view indeed.
The room is very clean, bigger than I expected with marble in bathroom. The shower produced very nice pressure. This particular unit also has a full kitchen with utensils and a few plates, glasses, etc. The furniture is stylish and up to date. I write this as we prepare to leave. I wish we could stay longer, right here in this room. We will return. This hotel is worth it.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
New York
Reviewed 25 August 2008

This place is a dump, like a cheap Motel 6 at best. Our room was across from the pool despite being empty. Upon our late arrivel the room was hot & musty and it took at least 45 min to cool, the "extra queen bed" was in the wall with no sheets. The sofa felt like it was bought at a cheap furniture store, everthing about the room was dingy and disgusting unfortunately is was too late to leave or go somewhere else for $200 a night we should have gone somewhere else.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
ROClincolncity, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lincoln Sands Oceanfront Suites, responded to this review, 6 September 2008
We are disappointed that you were not satisfied with your recent stay with us.
I would like to mention to you that we have recently completed an extensive upgrade to our hotel.
There is new granite in the kitchens and bathrooms, along with tile floors.
All the bed were replaced last spring with top of line Felecity pillow top mattress's, including a custom made bedding package.
New Sofa's and new drapes have also been added.
The bed in the wall is refered to as a queen size "Murphy" bed, with exact same Felecity pillow top mattress, that is on all our queen beds.
Each suite has a HVAC unit, which is used for heating as well as cooling the rooms. Since our hotel is located right on the beach, once your sliding glass door is opened the fresh ocean air cools your room in a matter of minutes.
If you have any further suggestions on what we can do to improve our hotel, we will gladly pass on your recommendations to the property management company. Please call us anytime!
Portland
Reviewed 17 June 2008

Very clean rooms, excellent view of the ocean, and one of the best beds I've ever slept on in a Hotel. The staff was very friendly, and the contiental breakfast was far better than most. The room was possibly cost more than the "bargin" room, but it was a great value. I can't wait to return, they have my business when I'm in Lincoln City!

• Liked — Spacious rooms, great staff
  • Disliked — turn off of hwy 101 jumps up on you
  • Stayed June 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Portland, OR
Reviewed 13 June 2008

I only stayed for 1 night but I found the room to be very accomodating. I was surprised to find a 2nd bathroom off the bedroom. Everything was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Great view of the ocean, nice balcony. Would definately stay there again. Great place for a family.

• Liked — View of the Ocean
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed 11 May 2008

Recently I booked a room at the Best Western Lincoln Sands for a couple of consecutive weekends. Long story short, I wound up having to move one of the weekends and then needed to cancel both. I cancelled both my reservations on the same day well in advance of the 48 hours required by their cancellation policy. Never having had an issue with online reservations and believing that Best Western and its member hotels were trustworthy, I thought nothing further of this and eventually discarded my information.

After having a charge come through on my American Express and upon further investigation, it appears the second cancellation did not come through. I contacted the hotel via Best Western Customer Service with the hopes of opening up a dialogue and asked for consideration as I had believed I had cancelled my reservation. The hotel responded via the web site that I had not cancelled my reservation and was charged a no show fee – basically too bad. Seems that they did not see the part where I indicated I had cancelled it. Apparently this hotel would rather have $180 than any future business. I did contact the hotel to try to obtain the owner/operator contact information but was met with a lot of questions and received very little information from them. A letter to the owner/operator of the hotel received absolutely no response

I will certainly remember this experience as I look to book future travel. Consequently, I will not make reservations at any hotel affiliated with Best Western or Lincoln Asset Management. It is certainly not surprising this hotel is ranked almost dead last of hotels in Lincoln City. A letter to the president of Best Western did result in a gift card for approximately have of the unwarranted no-show charge but still nothing from the hotel.

• Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
We are sorry you are disappointed with us.
If the reservation was cancelled on Best Westerns web site the cancellation number would be on file at Best Western. As I recall they confirmed that the reservation in question was not cancelled.
Yet, we would of gladly refunded your
no-show charge immediately if we received a valid cancellation number.
Please note we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving.