“Birthday weekend 2012”

Ranked #4 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Vancouver
“Birthday weekend 2012”
Reviewed 26 April 2012

My wife and I have stayed at the Coho Inn (now Oceanfront lodge) many times over the past 30 years.
They have now excelled there own high standards.
The Sunset suite was everthing we wanted and the Sunsets did not cost any add on fee !
The staff (too many to name) are warm, friendly and very helpful. We have stayed at other locations on the coast, but none can equal the service provided at the Coho.
This is a place to which we will always return. Too bad it is a 9 hour drive from Vancouver.

One minor comment of very little significance.
It would be helpful if there were operating instructions for the gas fire. We managed to turn off the pilot light but never did manage to turn it on again.
The nights were warm so it didn't matter. But in the Winter that lack of instruction could be a challenge. (I am sure the staff would fix this for future guests, however challenged with gas fireplaces operations they might be).
Thank you for a wonderful long weekend.
See you next year.

Dominic and Barbara Murphy

Vancouver, Canada

Room Tip: If you a relaxing time and aren't afraid of the extra cost, book the Sunset suite. It is full...
4 Thank Dominic M
CohoManager, Manager at The Coho Oceanfront Lodge, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
What a fun way to spend your birthday. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the Sunset Suites and the breathtaking sunsets you witnessed from your view. We only wish you lived closer as well so we could see you both more. Until next time.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (516)
Redmond
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Overall very accommodating to us. A few exceptional comments for the staff. Miss Britton, a staff member had helped me several times over the phone arranging dates for my stay. Several changes had to be made from time to time over several months. Britton arranged all the changes without any trouble & each change she sent me an email for my records.
Without notice, on the week of the 20th, I had reservations for one week at a resort I am a member of. The arrival day at this other resort informed me I did not have the reservations for that day & week to follow. In fact the reservations were for the week of the 25th, 20012- to May 1st., 2012. Guess what, out in the cold, choice was to drive 300 miles home, or stay. Fortunately, I had a gift certificate for two free nights at the Coho. The dates were for two months down the road. On the spur of the moment, Britton changed the dates to the current days needed, & I added two more days onto it. On the 25th of April, I will be moving to the resort I had scheduled. There I have a membership, thus it is for free. Other wise I would stay at the Coho.

Room Tip: In this case, the room was too small. Choose your room before getting to a resort. Ask for picture...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
We are pleased to hear that our staff was able to accommodate your individual needs. We appreciate your kind words as we are always striving to adapt to changes and finding creative solutions for our guests.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I am a little tougher to please due to the fact I have been a hotelier all of my adult life, but this place has it down. From the moment I called Lizza at the front desk she had me impressed with her level or service and warmth on the phone. She took her time wakling through the reservation process which I know can be very tedious and repetitive especially when you have a lobby full of people wanting something from you. She explained my options of bed types and made sure I had the accomodations that fit my needs the best. I grew up in the area and was visiting only for a night from Arizona and the Coho reminded me of the reason I love home so much. The views are killer, the rooms were clean and the beds were comfy. I would reccomend this hotel to any of my friends, family or fellow hotel-folk to go visit. Thank you to the owners and staff for running such a dynamic and welcong hotel. I know us industry people do not get to hear it often but you are all appreciated in my book! I would steal any of your front desk staff in a heart beat to work for me at my hotel in Tucson! Keep up the good work and I will be back!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank HomeGrownOregonian
It’s a pleasure to hear from someone in the industry that you were so satisfied with your stay. Thank you for your stellar recommendation, as we know your opinion is partial towards your own facility. We look forward to hosting you again.
Burlington, WA
Reviewed 19 April 2012

My mother treated us to a stay at The Coho, and I was duly impressed. Word has it that a remodel had been done recently, and everything was in tip-top shape. None of the faded paint and missing roof tiles so commonly seen on beachfront properties. The gas powered "fire pits" outside were a great place to sit around and watch the sun go down. The french press and coffee was a very nice touch. Excellent coffee! We stopped in for another package for our second morning and the gal at the front desk was cheerful and friendly.
The housekeeping and maintenance crews were on top of things. I even saw a guy in the parking lot sweeping up sand that was tracked in from a car pulling into a parking space!

The continental breakfast was okay, I've had better, and it was a challenge to get to the waffle iron, it was pretty popular. But, overall, the food available was good, and the young man maintaining things was on top of it. Nothing went empty and tables stayed clean. I noticed a tip jar was out, and had a small handful of pennies in it. Normally I'm a bit disappointed to see a tip jar out, and I don't customarily tip "tip jar" people that are getting paid an hourly wage to provide "background" service work, but this guy was doing an exemplary job and everyone appeared to be taking him for granted. So, I threw in a couple of bucks for him. Nice job in the breakfast lounge! (psst - we were there April 1th and 15th). Housekeeping did a good job too, though they didn't restock the bath salts for the tub.

Room Tip: Get a room with a full ocean view. You'll pay a lot more, but it's worth it.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
What a great gift from your mother, and how lovely to be able to spend some quality time as a family. Thank you for the kind comment and for the suggestions. We work very hard to make sure that each guest enjoys their stay.
kennewick
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I don't normally review places we have stayed but the Coho stood out to me as exceptional. Service, room, aminities - all excellent. C. Breakfast a little modest on options.

Room Tip: Room 83 - great view
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
As a person who doesn’t often leave reviews, we are flattered you decided to for your recent stay. We will see you again soon!
Beaverton
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Great overall experience. Our room was exactly what was described on their website, the pool area was spacious and the sauna such a relaxing bonus! My husband and I enjoyed our french press coffee and the "DIY" waffles in the breakfast room. Downside: I had emailed and asked for early check in. I was told we could check in early if the room was ready. We got there 1 1/2 before check in and had to wait until 4pm (check in time) for the room. They let us use the pool area but I was disappointed that they could not accommodate for early check in.

Room Tip: We stayed in the "Sunset Suite" in the adult only side. New room, beautiful view and great...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
We work exceptionally hard to offer unique amenities and to provide those ‘special touches’ you mentioned. We love hearing that they are noticed and appreciated and that we could meet your expectations. It is important on a getaway to feel relaxed and rejuvenated by the time you head back, and it sounds like this was a successful R&R!
Forest Grove, Oregon
Reviewed 17 April 2012

The service was friendly, the rooms were great and the views were amazing. My family and I had a wonderful time (We got the aquarium package) and are looking forward to our next beach weekend and a stay at the Coho!

Room Tip: We got the oceanview kids suite...seperate kid-friendly room.
1 Thank Jennifer B
We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the Aquarium Package. We are excited for your return and for you to try one of the other many packages that we offer. Thank you for the review.