“Great experience.”

The Coho Oceanfront Lodge
Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed 11 May 2012

My wife and I stayed here again for her birthday. The staff was great and very polite. The hotel had been recently been renovated and looked beautiful. A little loud when someone above you flushed the toilet but other than that it was an awesome stay. Will deffinatly be back again. Had breakfast at the Nelscott cafe by the christmas store and it was the best, do not miss it.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank belitzrc

Reviewed 8 May 2012

The Coho is a great place to relax and unwind! The rooms are clean, the beds are soft and comfortable, the location right on the beach is unmatched!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Stephanie H
Reviewed 5 May 2012

My wife and I recently spent our 1st anniversary at the coho. We stayed in the sunset suite and it is a beautiful room with a breathtaking view! There were a few little things forgotten by housekeeping but the staff were very quick to make us happy. After our stay we contacted the hotel manager who was quite pleasant, and assured us the little things were a very rare occurrence. I will definitely return to the coho in the future, I have stayed in a number of other hotels on the Oregon coast but the staff at the coho are the best :)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bigmanchester
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Our family had a great trip and stay at the Coho. The Family Suite was large enough for our family of 5 and the kids loved the bunk bed and separate room. The ocean views from the door were amazing and the close beach access was helpful. We were very impressed with the free continental breakfast, lots of variety and quality and helped on the pocket book too. Thanks to the staff at the Coho, keep up the great work and I'm sure you'll see us again!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Ted R
Reviewed 26 April 2012

My wife and I have stayed at the Coho Inn (now Oceanfront lodge) many times over the past 30 years.
They have now excelled there own high standards.
The Sunset suite was everthing we wanted and the Sunsets did not cost any add on fee !
The staff (too many to name) are warm, friendly and very helpful. We have stayed at other locations on the coast, but none can equal the service provided at the Coho.
This is a place to which we will always return. Too bad it is a 9 hour drive from Vancouver.

One minor comment of very little significance.
It would be helpful if there were operating instructions for the gas fire. We managed to turn off the pilot light but never did manage to turn it on again.
The nights were warm so it didn't matter. But in the Winter that lack of instruction could be a challenge. (I am sure the staff would fix this for future guests, however challenged with gas fireplaces operations they might be).
Thank you for a wonderful long weekend.
See you next year.

Dominic and Barbara Murphy

Vancouver, Canada

Room Tip: If you a relaxing time and aren't afraid of the extra cost, book the Sunset suite. It is full...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Dominic M
CohoManager, Manager at The Coho Oceanfront Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

What a fun way to spend your birthday. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the Sunset Suites and the breathtaking sunsets you witnessed from your view. We only wish you lived closer as well so we could see you both more. Until next time.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

Overall very accommodating to us. A few exceptional comments for the staff. Miss Britton, a staff member had helped me several times over the phone arranging dates for my stay. Several changes had to be made from time to time over several months. Britton arranged all the changes without any trouble & each change she sent me an email for my records.
Without notice, on the week of the 20th, I had reservations for one week at a resort I am a member of. The arrival day at this other resort informed me I did not have the reservations for that day & week to follow. In fact the reservations were for the week of the 25th, 20012- to May 1st., 2012. Guess what, out in the cold, choice was to drive 300 miles home, or stay. Fortunately, I had a gift certificate for two free nights at the Coho. The dates were for two months down the road. On the spur of the moment, Britton changed the dates to the current days needed, & I added two more days onto it. On the 25th of April, I will be moving to the resort I had scheduled. There I have a membership, thus it is for free. Other wise I would stay at the Coho.

Room Tip: In this case, the room was too small. Choose your room before getting to a resort. Ask for picture...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

We are pleased to hear that our staff was able to accommodate your individual needs. We appreciate your kind words as we are always striving to adapt to changes and finding creative solutions for our guests.

Reviewed 20 April 2012

I am a little tougher to please due to the fact I have been a hotelier all of my adult life, but this place has it down. From the moment I called Lizza at the front desk she had me impressed with her level or service and warmth on the phone. She took her time wakling through the reservation process which I know can be very tedious and repetitive especially when you have a lobby full of people wanting something from you. She explained my options of bed types and made sure I had the accomodations that fit my needs the best. I grew up in the area and was visiting only for a night from Arizona and the Coho reminded me of the reason I love home so much. The views are killer, the rooms were clean and the beds were comfy. I would reccomend this hotel to any of my friends, family or fellow hotel-folk to go visit. Thank you to the owners and staff for running such a dynamic and welcong hotel. I know us industry people do not get to hear it often but you are all appreciated in my book! I would steal any of your front desk staff in a heart beat to work for me at my hotel in Tucson! Keep up the good work and I will be back!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank HomeGrownOregonian

It’s a pleasure to hear from someone in the industry that you were so satisfied with your stay. Thank you for your stellar recommendation, as we know your opinion is partial towards your own facility. We look forward to hosting you again.