“This lodge was very accomadating for our ADA needs”

The Coho Oceanfront Lodge
Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I traveled with my folks here to Lincoln City. We searched the area for ADA hotels. There are so many Boutique Hotels that were built in the 50's/60's and 70's that there was not a lot of ADA options from Florence to Lincoln City. I booked the Coho online and had spoke with them over the phone first to make sure we could maximize their experience. Genreally speaking, even when ADA rooms are available they often are not the rooms with views or the better locations in the hotel. The Coho went out of their way to make their rooms work for my Dad who is disabled physically and cognitively. It was such a positive experience we decided to stay a second night. Every staff member was helpful. Complimentary Wine and Cheese hour and Breakfast were also nice. We had Oceanfront Floor rooms both nights. Fireplace warmth with the waves crashing and a panoramic view. So glad they were happy here and very grateful for everyone going out of their way to make us all comfortable.

Room Tip: Variety of rooms to choose from - read their options from their website
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kelly S
CohoManager, Manager at The Coho Oceanfront Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2013

Dear Kelly,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your stay with us! I am so happy to hear that you and your family were able to enjoy your vacation! We do pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service at The Coho. Our hotel definitely has some unique touches that separate us from other hotels, including offering a variety of room types and amenities. Even when guests have special needs when traveling, we try our hardest to accommodate their needs to ensure they have an enjoyable time on their vacation. It sounds like we did just that! We look forward to welcoming you back to The Coho in the future!

There are newer reviews for The Coho Oceanfront Lodge

Reviewed 7 November 2013

For the most part this hotel was very clean and comfortable to stay in. However I did find a few nit-picky things that would be good for the hotel to attend to.

The seal along the bottom of our shower door was broken on both ends so water flowed out of the shower. There was some cleaning needed in the grout lines in the shower and bathroom floor. They provided two terry cloth robes for us to use, except they had holes in them. The shower towels were very small, barely large enough to wrap my hair up and there were only two in the room. Another thought on the bathroom was the strange window above the jet tub to allow you to look out at the ocean. However the shutters did not block out sound or smell, so for folks looking for privacy in the bathroom, this would not be for you.

The extra blanket provided in the closet had been used by previous guests on the beach and not washed (There was still sand in it!). The closet was large enough and had a simple drape curtain divider which was difficult to close and had a large stain on it.

The simply kitchenette was nicely equipped with dishes and such, however they did not look like they had been washed well and we did not end up using them. The sponge provided to wash the dishes looked like it had been there many weeks and smelled horrible! I cringe to think of the germs collecting on it.

The bed was nice and comfortable. Linens were white and made it easy to spot there were a few hairs on the bed. Since I also have long dark hair and did not notice until an hour after we arrived, they could have been mine...however I suspect they were not as I hadn't been under the sheets yet where the hairs were found. I'm hoping these were from the cleaning staff when they made the bed, I tried not to think about it. Also I don't think there should be throw pillows on the beds because guess where we threw them...yep on the floor. Germ central.

The flat screen TV was nice and the DVD player in room was also a nice touch. DVDs were available to borrow in the lobby. However the couch was most uncomfortable and we ended up laying in bed to watch TV and had to move the unit around a bit. Not a huge deal, but a waste of a couch if you don't want to sit on it. The gas fireplace was wonderful!

The balcony overlooking the ocean was lovely and the binoculars provided in the room were a nice touch. The fresh ground coffee and french press were a nice touch as well. The simple breakfast provided was enough to get our day started and had a reasonable variety of warm and cold foods/beverages. Covered parking was provided in our section of the hotel with plenty of lighting and security cameras were visible. Those features were very much appreciated. Ice machine was only available on the ground floor next to the elevator, not a huge deal.

No direct beach access from the hotel since it is located on a bluff above the ocean. However the view is spectacular! I quick 1 minute walk down the street to get to the beach access is not a big deal.

We stayed in the adult only, no pet section of the hotel which made for a quiet stay and allowed us to enjoy our time away from our own children and pets much more so. Overall I think you will be happy with this hotel. My expectations of a hotel are probably higher than most especially when paying a pretty penny per night. Since this hotel was only about $25-$40 more a night than most of the cheaper ones, I'm SURE we still received a much nicer room overall. We thoroughly enjoyed spending our 15th anniversary together there and came home refreshed and wishing we could have stayed another 4 days. Hope this helps potential travelers! Best Wishes!

Room Tip: Third floor has great views! Ask for a room in the adult only/pet free section of the hotel if you...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
CohoManager, Manager at The Coho Oceanfront Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

We appreciate you taking time to write such a thorough review of your recent stay with us. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at The Coho! I apologize for the maintenance and housekeeping issues you've mentioned. I have spoken with the housekeeping staff and laundry staff about the cleanliness issues you've mentioned. Since I don't know which room you were in specifically, I have had the housekeepers and maintenance team inspect the adults only section of the hotel. We did find a robe with a hole in it and have replaced it with a brand new one. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Also, I have scheduled some preventative maintenance to be done in those rooms for next week.

If you have any further suggestions or concerns, please feel free to contact me directly at Mariah@thecoholodge.com or by calling the hotel at 541.994.3684. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Coho in the future!

Reviewed 5 November 2013

We were in town for a concert at the casino and we only stayed for one night (thankfully). The door frame was separated from the wall and looked like someone had tried to kick it in while latched. My husband told the office about the door because we didn't want to be charged or blamed for the damage. The front desk clerk apologized and asked if we wanted someone to come up and fix it. I would think they would have fixed it before guests arrived.

Also, there were painters outside of our window painting the railing. We couldn't even relax before the concert because faces were outside the sliding door.

I pulled back the bedding and there were long hairs on the sheets as if the sheets had not been changed. I tried to rationalize that maybe they were washed and static cling caused the hairs to remain on the bedding, but some were too stuck to be just static cling. I found four hairs (long black) in the sheets. I refused to sleep under the covers and slept on top of the bedding in my clothes. It was gross to say the least.

My husband went to the office to purchase some snacks and the girl working couldn't figure out how much she should charge for things. Odd, right?

Maybe this was just a bad day to stay at the Coho; I don't know, but I do know I will never be back. The French press coffee was nice, but doesn't make up for the rest.

2  Thank JoAnn M

Dear Joann,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I am very disheartened to hear that your stay was anything less than exceptional. Your experience is not the typical of The Coho and our standards. I apologize that the door latch was loose. Unfortunately, the previous guest hadn't mentioned anything to us and the staff member missed it. Any time there is a maintenance issue reported to the front desk, we are sure to address it right away. We were doing some exterior painting while we had a few days of sunshine, including painting the balconies. We tried to contact each guest to see if it was ok to be outside of their window for a short period to paint their balconies. I apologize if somehow we failed to notify you of this project at checkin or by calling you. I have addressed the housekeeping issues you mentioned with the sheets with my laundry and housekeeping staff to ensure this doesn't happen again. Also, I spoke with the front desk team about ringing up guests purchases.

Once again, I sincerely apologize that your trip was not all you had wanted, as I read your review of the concert you attended as well. If you would like to further discuss any of the issues you encountered, I can be reached directly at Mariah@thecoholodge.com or by calling the hotel at 541.994.3684 I hope that you will give The Coho another chance to impress you in the future.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Coho last weekend for the second time and I was curious to see if they would be able to match the amazing service and quality that we enjoyed during our first visit last year. Happy to report that they may have exceeded themselves. Of all the hotels we have enjoyed together, the Coho has shot up our list of all-time favorites. The Sunset suite is money well spent if you want an amazing room with ocean views. The staff at the Coho are super professional, yet very friendly and welcoming. If you need a break away weekend, the Coho is your place.

1  Thank Simon S
CohoManager, Manager at The Coho Oceanfront Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Simon,

Thank you so much for writing our 700th review! It is so great to hear that the staff was able to exceed your expectations. We truly do pride ourselves on service at The Coho, and it sounds like we are living up to our standard. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay and we will be honored to take a place in your list of favorites hotels. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Lincoln City!

Reviewed 2 November 2013

We have stayed here many times and the staff is always very helpful and friendly. The rooms are clean and we are very comfortable there. I do wish that all the rooms had balconies but we usually stay in the rooms without just because they are a bit less expensive. i think you get a value for the money. They did honor AARP for Thursday but not Friday. Don't agree with that but not a lot one can do about it.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room because the view is less obstructed by the window's screen.
1  Thank firebunny123

Thank you for your continued business and loyalty to The Coho! I'm so glad that you enjoyed another stay with us and look forward to seeing you again. Maybe next time we can get you in one of our King Deluxe with balcony rooms or the King bed with a kitchenette and balcony. Both of these rooms are only about $10-$20 more than our studios, which have the panoramic window views.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We loved this hotel so much we decided to stay an extra night. Dinners on the beach and drinks by the fire pits every night. Good breaky in the morning and the staff were very helpful and cool! Our room was great but didn't like the duvet, was too heavy and kept falling off the bed at night. Would definitely stay there again, great hotel and great price.

• Stayed: October 2013
CohoManager, Manager at The Coho Oceanfront Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

We appreciate you taking time to write about your recent trip to The Coho! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I think we do offer a good complimentary breakfast each morning, including hot and cold items. I apologize about the inconvenience of your duvet sliding off the bed. If it would help you, we do offer extra blankets that we can put in your room during your next stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 30 October 2013

There are two things that make this a 5-star hotel: the view and the staff. When you walk into the room (we had an oceanfront queen room) all you see is ocean through the huge windows that front the beach. With that first glimpse of the vast, wild Pacific you have already gotten your money's worth. The hotel was a great value; with AAA rate it was $94/night (midweek October). The hotel is basically a beach motel with a few really nice upgrades. The room is pretty but unremarkable; bathroom is just fine--but again, with a view like this, who cares about anything else? The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. They will offer suggestions for restaurants, local attractions and anything else you need. Fresh cookies are waiting for you in the lobby when you check in, and there are several varieties of Oregon wine for sale in the lobby, very reasonably priced. There's a corkscrew in the room, and they will give you wineglasses. The free breakfast is served in a nice room and is fine with a decent selection, including delicious biscuits. There is an indoor pool and hot tub, which was totally deserted when we used it. The firepits on the beach in the evening are heavenly. I recommend buying a bottle of wine, ordering in dinner and eating it while enjoying the view and then taking a glass of wine out to the firepit. This is a great hotel, and the view is breathtaking. Thank you, Coho!

Room Tip: Definitely spring for the full ocean view. ABSOLUTELY worth the money--wish we had gotten a balcony...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Ellie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us! I am so glad that you enjoyed your time with us and took advantage of some the many amenities that The Coho has to offer. We do have some rather amazing views to offer our guests and sitting around the fire pits is a great way to enjoy it. It's great to hear that the staff mad such a positive impact on your stay. We do strive to make every guest comfortable and happy during their stay with us. We hope that we will see you again, should your travels bring you back to the Oregon Coast. Maybe next time, you can enjoy a room with a balcony!