“Going back!”

The Coho Oceanfront Lodge
Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Perfect stay for 3 generations. All 5 of us were comfy and treated like royalty. Great customer service. The view was spectacular. Pool was perfect temperature, even my dad enjoyed it. Breakfast was a plus but they need to work on the configuration so everyone isn't tripping over each other to get food. Staff went above and beyond. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014
CohoManager, Manager at The Coho Oceanfront Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay and sharing a picture of our amazing views from the balconies! You may be excited to hear that we are currently working on some more improvements to our hotel. One of the exciting new changes will be some extra outdoor seating by the breakfast room and another entrance to the building! It will be a great fun space for our guests to sit and enjoy their meal on beautiful sunny mornings. Also, we will be adding a BBQ Grill to the space for the summer season!

We appreciate your continued loyalty to The Coho Oceanfront Lodge and look forward to welcoming you and your family back for generations to come!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,862)

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Staff was friendly, professional, more than accommodating! Mariah the Manager was fantastic! She personally delivered champagne with stawberries, and made us all feel special! The personal touches in both the main lobby, as well as the room were noticed by all! What a great place to stay! We'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: Oceanfront view was spectacular - loved the room with kitchen and fireplace!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
CohoManager, Manager at The Coho Oceanfront Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Dear Annette,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay this past January. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take in the fabulous view of the mighty Pacific from a fireplace suite! We take pride in recycling, participating in green programs, and using some green products at the hotel. By doing our small part to help the environment, TripAdvisor has awarded our hotel as a GreenLeader! We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Coho Oceanfront Lodge next time you visit the Oregon Coast!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I was pleasantly surprised at how big and spacious the room was. I really enjoyed the hot run while the kids liked the pool. So close to the beach too. The customer service was outstanding! All the staff from the housekeeping to the office staff was friendly, helpful, and knowledgable. Great place to stay and close to local attractions. My family and I will be back again.

1  Thank Karsherman
CohoManager, Manager at The Coho Oceanfront Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us and share a photo of the amazing views offered from our patios! I am so glad that you enjoyed your time with us! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

This place has great views from thier balcony. Room and balcony were nice and clean. Bed comfortable. Jacuzzi tub was nice to have. Our room came with a snack and drink basket for your convenience. You do need to pay for what you consume, but it was nice to have available. It is a bit spendy to stay here, but you are on the coast thats loaded with old motels, so if you want a updated nice place you'll pay for it. We loved this place and will be back. It also is located just down the street from Maxwells a restaurant on one side and kareoke bar.

Room Tip: All dace the ocean, we had a corner room view
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Debbie G

Thank you for sharing your experience with the rest of the world. At The Coho Oceanfront Lodge, we pride ourselves on a clean comfortable room with great service. We are constantly looking for new ways to improve our hotel and the services we offer. It sounds like you were in one of our newer suites, The Sunset Suite. These rooms were built just a few years ago and are definitely worth the money for a night of relaxation. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and made use of the jetted tub in the room! We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Coho in the future!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We stayed at the Cohol March 16 and 17. We had requested a non-pet (allergies) fireplace suite and I even called to confirm that we had a non-pet room. When we arrived and the keys were in hand, I again asked to confirm the non-pet room. Another lady at the front desk abrubtly said that they had to put us in a pet friendly room because construction noise would be loud in the room we were supposed to have. Take note, that when I reserved the room a week out there was no mention of construction. She told us we could stay in the noisy room or take the pet friendly room. No other option was offfered so we took the PF room. And, guess what, we could still hear the construction. We also had a defective microwave and sliding door that wouldn't open. The maintenance guys, Carlos and Marten were wonderful. Marten put new rollers in our door and replaced the microwave. I do have to say that the room was beautiful and the view nice. Small bathroom that I understand was going to be remodeled. Also of note, when I checked out, the same lady was there and I shared everything with her, the noise, defective microwave, sliding door, etc. I told her that my rate should have been discounted and that we should have been advised ahead of time regarding them moving us to the PF room and the construction. She just smiled! I think a refresher course in customer service is in order.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank pdxgrammy

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I apologize that your stay was not excellent. We strive to provide a clean, comfortable room with excellent customer service. I am so sorry that we fell short during your stay as that is not The Coho Standard. I apologize that the room had some maintenance issues but I am glad to hear that our maintenance team was able to help you out. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to them!

As you mentioned, we are renovating bathrooms. Unfortunately, we do not have much notice as to when the construction teams are available. I offer my sincere apologies that your request for a non pet friendly room was not able to be fulfilled.

I hope that you will give us another chance to impress you in the future and maybe try out one of our newly renovated bathrooms!

Reviewed 21 March 2014

We just came back from a 4 day Spring Break trip with 3 kids. The lodge is located close to the beach. Beach access is just a block from this lodge. We had the kids suite with kitchenette. The kids room has bunk bed with separate TV and Playstation console. The main room has a king bed with another TV overlooking the ocean on a patio deck.

The only thing stopping me for giving them a perfect rating is the kitchen was too small. It only has a half sink which makes it difficult to was dishes but not a big deal. We were able to cook simple food and wash our dishes accordingly.

We will definitely recommend this lodge to our friends and family and we'll surely come back again.

BTW, the Portland Roasting Coffee was really good. You just need to ask the reception to give you a pouch of coffee so you can press it yourself and enjoy a delicious coffee.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor and up will offer a great view and much quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank jaydeezee_44
CohoManager, Manager at The Coho Oceanfront Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Thank you for writing about your recent stay with The Coho Oceanfront Lodge! I apologize for any miscommunication about the size of the kitchen. We try to advertise that they are kitchenettes rather than kitchens, since they are smaller than a normal kitchen. I'm so glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time on the Oregon Coast! We hope to welcome you and your family back in the future! There will be fresh ground coffee waiting for you!

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Just starting out we were placed in the wrong room with a romance package. Not only did we go to our room, which ruined the surprise for my wife, but we had to wait almost an hour and a half later for it all to be moved. Cleanliness was not there. Stains in the carpet, a pillow case and another tenants dogs' bone was left in the room. Romantic huh? Second day we requested a queen rollaway bed which ended up being a twin and then was told by the manager that they could not accommodate us - forcing our company to go elsewhere. Later that night after returning from dancing at the casino - I had to park a block away ofg property. I spoke to the night desk who said 'I dont care where you park - im sorry its not my problem it is corporate for not providing ample parking.' I requested a manager to call me the next morning and got nothing. Again at checkout and called the day after with still no response. Like I said possibly the worst stay ever!!

3  Thank puzzled_0422

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent trip with us. I apologize that your stay was anything less than exceptional. Unfortunately, when you booked your room there was some miscommunication about having a patio with an ocean view. It looks like you did receive a free upgrade and a 10% discount. We were able to get you into the upgraded room in about 10 minutes after moving your romance package over. I hope that during that time, you were able to enjoy our free wine social and chair massage for our guests. I'm sorry if our front desk agent did not communicate the size of our rollaway beds. Twin size rollaway beds are a standard in every hotel. Unfortunately, it is also against fire code to put 2 rollaway beds in a room with 1 Queen bed. Normally, if we know ahead of time that there will be 4 people in a room, we are required to reserve a room with 2 beds.

Your message to have the manager was received by me. I had tried calling you the morning of checkout twice. I apologize that I missed you. Unfortunately, nothing was said at checkout, otherwise I would have been more than happy to speak with you. If you had called afterwards, I did not receive the message. If you would like to discuss your problem further, I can be reached directly at Mariah@thecoholodge.com