“The Marvelous Coho!”

The Coho Oceanfront Lodge
Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I really took a chance on this hotel. I booked solemnly on my gut feeling that the awesome website gave me. I was told to go to either Salishan or Inn at the Spanish Head but neither one of them seemed to match my standards (which were pretty high might I add. My mom was getting married and we wanted to treat the newly weds to a superb wedding night) Once I decided to book I received great customer service by a polite and cheerful lady. She helped me learn a little bit more about the hotel and Lincoln city. The day we arrived and checked in the service was once again very pleasant and welcoming. We got our complimentary coffee and was directed to our rooms and also to park our car in their covered parking spots. The rooms looked marvelous, with clean and neat details, and the view from the balcony with its little chairs was incredible. We hit the jackpot with this hotel! Later that night, after dinner, we sat by one of the three fire pits that the hotel offers, listened to the ocean and watched the stars. Unforgettable! In our room we tried out the jetted tub with ocean view and we absolutely loved it! The continental breakfast was totally fine with both indoor and outdoor seating.
We are most definite coming back and I'm telling everyone about this absolute GEM in Lincoln city! Thank you!

Room Tip: The sunset suites are absolutely lovely! Stayed in 82&83.
1  Thank JohannaNelson
CohoManager, Manager at The Coho Oceanfront Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Hello JohannaNelson,

Thank you for your amazing review of The Coho. We appreciate you listened to your gut feeling to book with us and seems like we met all your expectations. Our guests love the views from our balcony chairs with an amazing ocean views. We hope to see you again soon at the Oregon Coast gem.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,865)

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We had a lovely stay here in Lincoln City. While I wish all rooms had a balcony (and ours did not), our room still had a lovely ocean view with windows that could open to let in the fresh ocean air. The room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was pretty good, and especially appreciated the fresh ground local coffee and french press to use in our room. A good option for staying on the Oregon Coast.

3  Thank WesternTravelGal
CohoManager, Manager at The Coho Oceanfront Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Hello WesternTravelGal,

Thank you again for your rave reviews of the Coho. We're so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Please ask about our Sunset Suites that have breathtaking views of the ocean and balcony. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

My family stayed in mid-July in a family suite. The hotel is nice. There is no beach access from the hotel, but a short 3-minute walk to the beach. The breakfast was nice. I enjoyed the beverage area in the lobby with water, coffee, tea, and hot chocolate available at all times.
We purchased two kids beach packages, a bonfire package, and a couples massage. I would suggest to save yourself some money and don't buy the beach and bonfire packages. There's a grocery store not too far away where you can buy bonfire materials for, which I actually had to buy more wood because we were just given a few pieces of wood. The kids beach package was a complete waste of money. Most of the toys were bought at the dollar store. Half ended up broken before we even made it to the beach. My kids are not rough on things, the toys were just cheap. Even the buckets had holes in them which isn't very helpful in sandcastle building.
The couples massage was great. Tamra was my masseuse. She was amazing. I highly recommend getting a massage.
Somehow our room missed getting cleaned a day, even when I had asked the front desk to relay a message that a bottle was broken and I wanted the carpet vacuumed extra good.
The beach was beautiful, yet freezing. I enjoyed watching the sunset from my balcony. The tide pools were very neat. I didn't hear any traffic, only the continuous ocean waves, which was soothing.

Hello Ylerb,

Thank you for your comments after your recent visit to the Coho. We really appreciate guest feedback and we always try to improve our guest experience and set high expectations for a memorable visit. We will review our kids beach and bonfire package. We try to provide some convenience for all the amenities and package for our guests in one centralized location so our guests do not have to leave the property to search for these items in an unfamiliar neighborhood. Thank you again for giving us feedback to address the quality and quantity of our package. We're happy you enjoyed the massage package and breakfast. We hope to see you again soon so that it will be perfect for your next visit.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

My husband and I spent four nights here in a Fireplace Suite. We were quite pleased with everything, including our room, which was very clean and spacious, the fabulous view from our balcony, and the little extras (like the french press coffee we were given to make in the room and the plate of cookies that welcomed us at the front desk). All the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful.

Our room had a small kitchenette with a microwave, mini-fridge, and even a small cooktop, along with some basic kitchenware. We didn't cook in there, but this was very handy for keeping sodas, warming up coffee, etc. Their free wifi worked well. And the bathroom area, while small, had plenty of nice, fluffy towels. (Hint: check the towel storage area for the hidden tissue box!) The gas fireplace was a very nice feature, turning on with one touch of a button.

There is no direct beach access from the hotel itself, but the nearest access is just down the block, so very easy to walk to. The hotel is just a few blocks from the main street, so shopping and dining are easy to reach.

The only bad thing about this place is that eventually you have to leave!

Room Tip: We were on the third floor, which was great, but I think that all of the rooms facing the beach woul...

Hello Debbie B,

Thank you for an amazing review of the Coho. We're happy you enjoyed our fireplace suite and hope next time you can visit with us much longer on the Oregon coast.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed at the Coho Lodge on a trip down the Oregon coast last week, and we really loved the place. Great ocean front property, with just a short walk to get down to the beach. No the beach does not come up right to the property, but it overlooks the beach on a cliff, and it's easy to walk down to.
The rooms were good as we stayed with kids and they had a separate room with bunk beds. Also my wife and I enjoyed the fire pits they light every night, as the sun was setting. Also we were on a long trip, and there is a washateria on the second floor of the property, so we were able to wash a few clothes to get us through the trip.
Service was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: be sure to reserve a ground floor room ocean front.

Hello Mike S,

Thank you for your great review of The Coho. Our views and staff are among the best combinations on the Oregon Coast. We're happy the kids enjoyed their stay here too. We also have complimentary DVDs for your viewing pleasure with lots of kid's movie selections. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

My family (2 Adults & 2 Kids ages 4 and 1) stayed here in Mid July. To be honest, I was fully expecting this to be a "paying for the view" type of situation where the room wasn't terribly nice but you got to enjoy the ocean. I couldn't have been more wrong.

We stayed in the Kids' suite w/ a Kitchenette. Here is a summary of my stay:
The room was really modern and contained a flat screen TV and had a PS3 in the Kids' room. The kitchenette was stocked with basic pots and pans as well as some silverware which was just awesome and also had a flat-top cooktop. The bed was a king sized bed which was awesome and comfortable enough for my taste. The balcony was more than large enough to spend some time on. I was expecting it to be rather small but it wasn't!

Maybe I am used to budget-minded middle-class living (so I don't get to enjoy Ritz-Carlton service), but the service at the hotel was fantastic! Everyone I interacted with was friendly and enjoyable. Even after having the "No Service" sign on the door I was pleased that housekeeping still called the room to make doubly sure that we didn't need anything. The front desk offered coffee for the french press, free DVD rentals, free PS3 and Wii game rentals, and free board games. This was awesome for the wife and I to utilize after the kids were in bed! We also enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. There was waffles, biscuits & Gravy, fruit, cereal, yogurt all available. It got a little cramped in there but it wasn't too bad.

Some of the reviews have complained that there was no direct beach access. I found this to be silly. It is literally a half a block walk to the hill/stairs that lead to the beach. This was a non-issue for me.

Now on to my minor (and mostly trivial) gripes:
The room is definitely designed for "older" kids. There is zero child-proofing in the room so we had to constantly chase the 1yr old who wanted to climb into cabinets and open the refrigerator. A little child proofing can take some stress off of the parents and avoid unnecessary meltdowns - which annoy everyone else.

The fridge is really small and has no freezer. A place like this is designed for multiple night stays. This will generally require both food and frosty beverages for mom and dad. The fridge was really limiting in this sense. A freezer is not a huge deal, but many people take long drives and being able to freeze the ice packs for lugging food home would have been nice.

The microwave was tiny and of little power. Microwaves are basically disposable anymore. There is more than enough counter space for a more powerful version. It took 4-5 minutes to reheat the leftovers from the previous night. Again, trivial complaint but would have been a nice touch.

Another example of how the room isn't necessarily tailored for toddlers is the balcony. The space between the vertical slats is more than wide enough for a 1-2yr old to slip through. I do understand that there is no good way to fix this without taking a little away from the view, but in a room marketed to families, taking a little extra precaution and blocking off 18-24 inches from the base would be helpful. I get it "Watch your kids!!!!", we do, but the buggers can be fast at times.

In summary, the stay was wonderful (4.8 cirlces?) but it would have been 5 if the room was slightly more configured to contain a curious 1 yr old.

Hello Tim F,

Thank you for an awesome review that you loved The Coho. Our guests love our spacious rooms with kitchenettes and balcony for our amazing ocean views. Thank you for your suggestions and comments about our rooms which we will address. Safety for all our guests are our number one concern even little buggers. We hope to see you again soon.

Another great memory!!!
Kids and grandkids and dogs and sunny days and football on the beach and swimming and laughing! Great staff, comfy rooms for the price, easy access to everything. we shopped the outlet stores and ate in room take out and played and had a blast

Room Tip: we love the main floor

Hello Laurie S,

Thank you for your review at The Coho. We try to accommodate all our guests to have a great and enjoyable experience of all ages. It sounds like you had a blast with your family and we love hearing these stories. We hope to see you again soon.