“The New Coho Inn is fabulous.”

The Coho Oceanfront Lodge
Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Portland, Oregon
“The New Coho Inn is fabulous.”
Reviewed 18 July 2010

15 years ago my husband and I stayed here. It was a basic, clean place to say the least. The renovation that has been done since then is fabulous. I am a clean freak and was so pleased with our stay. We stayed in a family suite on the main floor I was amazed at how big the suite was. The bedding was wonderful, the design of the room trendy but not over the top, the TV's worked great, and the kitchenette stocked well! Loved that we could choose to recycle and they made it so easy (just like home). The complimentary breakfast was yummy too. Biscut's and gravy, cereal, muffins, oatmeal, good coffee! The pool and sauna were clean and well heated.
Will stay here over and over in the future. Great job on re-inventing to Coho!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
YD73, General Manager at The Coho Oceanfront Lodge, responded to this review, 20 July 2010
It is great to receive feedback from return guests that haven't stayed since our renovation. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (519)
Bellingham, WA, USA
Reviewed 11 July 2010

We used the internet to plan a first-time, last-minute trip down the Oregon Coast starting in Lincoln City and picked the Coho due to its location on the beach. We were surprised and amazed at the place! When we checked in, we were already given a free room upgrade since it was open (we assumed this was because it was mid-week and not something to expect - but we accepted!). The room was beautiful and very clean. We loved the jacuzzi tub, updated decor and comfy bed. Most of all, we loved the sound of the ocean and waves crashing just outside our deck. Only downside was our room was near their neat outdoor fire pits, so we got a little too much smoke. In the morning, the free breakfast was yummy, too (waffles, cereal, good fruit/berries and pastries & muffins). Although we didn't use them, the small fitness center (treadmill, elliptical & bike), pool and hot tub seemed good. About the only downside was the free wi-fi internet access that kept hanging up. We had to reload our email and other websites more then a few times.

Liked Best:
Cleanliness, room decor, ocean view and sound, service, free parking

Like Least:
Sporadic internet access, smoke from fire pit

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
It was our pleasure to upgrade you to one of our Sunset Suites -- a popular choice for romantic getaways. While the firepits are a very popular feature we are concerned about smoke disturbing our guests -- We are reviewing different options to mitigate this issue. We just added hardline hi speed access to 24 rooms (new addition suites) as back up to our wi fi service. Thanks you for the feedback. We hope to see you again soon.
Michigan
Reviewed 8 July 2010

I wanted to stay right on the beach for the one night I had on the Oregon coast- this place was a good choice. The rooms are new and neat, the staff friendly and efficient, the view excellent. I will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010
YD73, General Manager at The Coho Oceanfront Lodge, responded to this review, 10 July 2010
We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Federal Way, Washington
Reviewed 7 July 2010

We had a family suite and there was 7 of us 3 adults 1een 3 kids. We stayed 3 nights. The rooms and facility were well kept and the help was very helpful. We really enjoyed the fire pit area. I would diffently would recommend this to family and friends the only remarks against the hotel was we noticed some package deals in the room that were not offered at time of booking such as pet package and kid package we had both and were not given or offered any of the things listed in these packages. Also I have a small pet which I myself take great care not to let mess up the room or grounds by bring thing to put down to prevent this. I know not all due this but I due. I felt the pet fee of $20.00 per night is rather high. I have stayed in others close to you that cost $5.00 per night which is for me as a senoir a more reasonable fee. IF THEY CAN NOT TAKE CARE OF THEIR PET THEN SEND A DAMAGE FEE. We who do should not have to pay for those who do not.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
We are pleased to hear you enjoyed one of our family suites. I will cover with our staff the importance of covering available guest packages during the reservation process. Thank you for the feedback.
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 3 July 2010

Ask for room # 34 - One of the better hotel rooms I've stayed in. Bathroom was spacious. Beautiful view. Easy beach access.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
The entire staff was excited to see your stay was "Fantastic!". Our 2 room suites are very popular with our guests -- many of which return year after year reserving the same room. Your feedback is very much appreciated.
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed 28 June 2010

Standouts were the exceptional staff, the above and beyond breakfast (included), the little "extras" (like packets of fresh ground coffee provided at the desk t for our room's French press coffee maker--wonderful way to start the day!), the incredible location and view, and the prompt housekeeping (we spent two nights).

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank snoopers2948
Salem, Oregon, USA
Reviewed 27 June 2010

Stayed for one night as a quick get-away from the valley, this was my second stay at this location. I reserved an ocean front delux king room. During my previous stay, I was able to enjoy a room on the third floor with an EXCEPTIONAL ocean-front view, very peaceful and very quiet. This stay, I was assigned a bottom (first) floor room and while you could still see the ocean, it was not nearly as impressive of a view. Additionally, other guests and the general public could walk directly in front of your room and large window. As it was a "hotter" weekend at the coast, I chose to keep the windows open for a breeze (there is no A/C at the hotel). The fact that anyone could walk right up to the window at night and simply remove the screen to get in made me uncomfortable. I ended up sleeping with the windows closed and was uncomfortably hot. I recommend that future travelers request a second or third floor room for this reason.

Despite that one negative, there are many positives to the Coho. The remodel is terrific, with comfortable linens, a flat screen tv, not one, but two comfortable chairs, and a generally clean and modern decor. Compared to some hotels in Lincoln City, the Coho's decor is a GEM. While the bathroom is small, space is well-appointed. The hotel is quiet, and although there were many families staying there, I did not hear people above or next to me. The continental breakfast is above average, with several hot dishes and many cold selections. In the office, you are able to purchase local wines and rent DVD's. Staff was very nice and seemed engaged in their job.

All in all, I would recommend the Coho and stay again- just request an upper level room and prepare yourself for a great view and a peaceful stay.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple