“Terrible, terrible, terrible”

Ranked #36 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Clackamas, Oregon
“Terrible, terrible, terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

What a dump. We booked online with Hotwire this supposed 3 star facility. I don't believe the owner has put a weekend's worth of maintenance in this place. The room we booked was discusting. I believe the original carpet from 30 years ago is still in the room. I tried to get our money back as I was afraid of staying in that horrible place. (In serious need of a paint job. How difficult is that?) I explained to the girls in the front office that this was not a 3 star facility and I would like my money back. No, they said that couldn't be done so then I asked if they could upgrade me to another room, one that overlooked the water. (I think they think they deserve a 3 star rating because they front the water) They gave us the room for an additional $44 over a 2 night period and gave us some coffee for a coffee pot that was not in existance and told us the ice machine was broken and if we wanted ice we'd have to come to them. Incidentally, the office was in serious need of upgrading as well. In our upgraded room, they had replaced the very old carpeting, put in a jacuzzi that was broken, the drapes around the tub didn't match the drape over the slider plus those drapes didn't keep the light out. It looks like these people really don't care about offering the public anything. They just want their money. I would't stay there again if they paid me.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Kathleen K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Aumsville, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

This was the closest hotel we could get to the casino at Lincoln City on New Years Eve. The pictures looked great on their site so don't be fooled like we were. If we had any other option we would have left. The bed was hard as a rock, the pillows flat as the sand, and the wind came whistling through the door. Need I say more?

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Grams54

Travellers are raving about these Lincoln City hotels

milw
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

I advise you go somewhere else..the website says the pool is open in the winter /It's not..The carpet smells like someone died here..house keeping turned the fridge up so high all our food froze in just a couple hours..only a couple channles on tv..the wi fi is junk.cant up load any video's to share with friends on fb of our day out and about...The place is almost empty yet they put people above us that they knew were drinking and partying,stomping and jumping on the floor above us..when we asked the manager to ask them to stop he said it wasn't ten oclock yet.it was only 9:15 he offered to move us.yeah thats what I said[move us] after we have already been here for two days..WE WERE HERE FOR PEACE AND QUIET FOR our ANIVERSARY WHICH THEY KNEW ABOUT WHEN I BOOKED THE ROOM..We spend alot of time in rockaway oregon and will go back there ,NEVER HERE AGAIN..Frankly 98.00 a night in the winter for this dive is bull)&$%$..sorry but the room is worth about40.00 a night if that....really put a damper on what should have been a great time...When you book a place online that says they have a pool and jaccuzi open in winter ,and you get all settled in and find out it's closed is wrong in many ways...nononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononnonononononononnoonononononononononononononoononnononononononononnonononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononnoonononnononononononononononononononononononononononononononononono never again

Room Tip: chose another hotel
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank f p
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2012

I've been coming to Cozy Cove since the 70s but I haven't been for a while. The room has definitely changed.... i love the new gas fireplace (although the logs were nice in the old wood days) but it's glowing cozy and warm. The view is incredible... the waves are seemlingly lapping at my feet as I sit in my somewhat sheltered covered deck. Nothing like watching the wild waves in winter! I think the sun might be poking through a bit too... no better way to bring in the new year 2013!

Room Tip: this is not the Taj Mahal, but it has all I need to have clear my head of 2012 and ring in the new y...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank pdxscout
Lincoln City, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

My wife and I just got done staying here for two weeks. The first week we were on the ground floor and the second week we got the Jacuzzi suite. Both rooms were really nice, the view from the third floor is obviously better than that on the first floor. The rooms smell a bit because of the closeness to the coast, but what could you expect. As for cleanliness, it was top-notch. The front desk ladies were always so helpful and were willing to get us whatever we needed. We'll definitely be visiting the Cozy Cove again in the future!

The only negative I experienced is that the rooms that could have adjoining doors made it really easy to hear your neighbors. Didn't mind it in the evening but we like to sleep in...kind of tough with young kids running around next door.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RyanP700
Salem, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012

I wanted to stay and enjoy the beach, my husband wanted to go home (it's close enough to drive). After a while he said if it's cheap enough we can stay. I wanted (needed) a beach front property with easy beach access (a most as I often need a walker for longer than a block walks). I said let's ask here, he said. You are crazy, it's going to be more than I want to spend. Surprise! $ 89 special, beach front large room, fireplace, a desk and a table, plenty of sitting, afable clerks, warm large swimming pool, small hot tub, walking distance to a good restaurant (even for me, with the aid of a walker). Awesome. There are many restaurants nearby.
During the week the beach is almost private, but it gets busy on week-ends
Inside it's super clean, The outside looks tired but the inside is very well cared for. It is not a luxury hotel, but the beach and the qualities mentioned above make up for it. I wish I could stay a month in this hotel.

Room Tip: If you have children, ask for a room by the pool. The pool is locked, so they won't be in danger...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank leafOregon
Pendleton, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

It took forever to check in, and we heard many complaints from others. We had a clean room with adequate amenities. The rooms are rustic, and there were no dishes or utensils in the kitchen. This is a no frills facility. Both the hot tub and pool were nice, and the location is beautiful. I would suggest that you look at a room or two before committing.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family