“Dirty rooms along with Bad Customer Service.”

Cozy Cove Beachfront Resort Inn
Ranked #35 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My husband and I went to Cozy Cove on our honeymoon, 20 yrs ago. We'd thought it would be nice to relive that night for our 20th anniversary. They told us checkin was at 3 and we would be early. They said that's ok. We get there our room wasn't ready for another hr., and that was at 2:00. When we did get in the lady at the desk was very nice. We got into our room and I'm looking at everything and started putting away our stuff and upon opening the drawers noticed they were dirty. That made me wonder what else was dirty..here's what I found, the shower had dirt marks they missed the toilet was dirty, my husband ran his finger across the jacuzzi and it had this white film on it. The bed was the cleanest thing in that room.
For customer sevice, the first lady we talked to was very nice. The second lady was not really helpful. She was nice, but upon getting ready to go to a very nice dinner, I discovered the blow dryer didn't work. I called her and she said it could be fixed the next day. I explained it was our 20th Anniversary and needed to blowdry my hair. She said she'd he up. She couldn't get it to work either and let me into another adjoining room to use that one. We were ready to go out, but felt uncomfortable leaving our belongings because we couldn't get the adjoining door shut and locked. I would've thought she would be back to lock the 2 doors. I had to call her. She came up and locked them. Made me wonder how many times had this happened?? Then our phone rings. It's the lady at the desk and she told me it was slow and if we didn't need anything, she was going to bug outta there because it was slow. I asked if she could leave a bucket of ice, because the ice machine was broke. She said well just come down real quick. REALLY?? My husband and I had, had enough. We skipped on the ice and left for dinner. We bought ice on the way back for our champagne to chill. For our 25th we will not be going back. The Best Western is right next door with the same view and a lot better rooms and sevice. I don't know what happened in 20 yrs., but I know it was the only, but biggest disappointment of our whole trip. It's too much money for the experience we had. :(

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank KariPowell10

Reviewed 29 March 2014

We try to stay at this Hotel at least twice a year they have been renovating but we love it great view pool and hot tub we nave never had a complaint and we are looking forward to spending the 4th of July again this year FUN FUN FUN Love this place :)
The Lostheart Family

Room Tip: First floor beach view
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2014

My husband and I stayed and we loved it ! The staff was very helpful and friendly. The view was to die for,,we were on the second floor and spent a lot of time setting out on the large balcony and enjoyed this awesome view of the ocean.Easy access to the beach. The price was very reasonable and the room was great and very clean.We had no problems and enjoyed our stay there. We will definitly go back

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Norma N
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stayed for one night in a single room with 1 queen bed. The room was clean, and that's the only good point. That is the smallest hotel room that we had ever stayed in. The bathroom has a shower, no bathtub. The room and facilities are old and needed updating. The TV is 13, 14" tube style. WiFi was more like No Fi as webpages took forever to load. The worst feature is a four-light bulb fixture on top of of the bed headboard and in the middle of the bed. The bulbs stick out about 1' from the wall and about 1.5' from your head so if you are not carefully, you could hit them and hurt yourself, potentially badly. This has to be a safety violation. I have never seen anything like that!!

Room Tip: there are better deals somewhere else in Lincoln City
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank iim1dcn
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I'm writing this as a preview rather than a review,My Daughter ,her fiance' and myself are staying at the Cozy Cove this coming Monday night.My family has been staying at the Cozy Cove since i was 2,I'm now 48,we would never think of staying anywhere else, We drive from Eugene to stay where we feel like family,we love the rooms,we always stay in the ocean front rooms where everything always is clean and inviting,when I was a kid we stayed in the older units that are now covered by the newer ones that are now the beachfront units.I don't know where these people et off saying the things they do,It's Crap!!!,If they were expecting a 5 star Hotel with someone to park ur car ,get a life!!! and stay in New York!! for $1,000 a night! this is the Oregon Coast not Bel-AireIf you want a great room for a resonable price and great service with a Wonderful view this place is for you,if you want Valet service and a Belhop to take ur baggage to ur room and have $500 room sevice then go to California and Don't come back!!!
But I promise you for the money this is the Gem of the Oregon Coast!!!!! Just Sayin!!!

Bob Boehmke

Room Tip: Get the Kitchen room on the Bottom Floor, I think 105 is one of them!!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Bob B
Reviewed 13 December 2013

My new husband and I had decided to stay here because we wanted to go to the beach for our honeymoon and with us having to small children we wanted to keep spending to a minimum so for a place on the beach we thought Yay!!! first we get to our room and it is freezing (mind you this was last weekend so it had snowed just the day before) it honestly felt colder in our room than outside. so we decided to go out for dinner and to the casino and come back 5 hours later and its still freezing. so we bundled up under the thin blanket (by that time the office was closed and they weren't answering the phone at all) What a way to spend your honeymoon. by 4 the next day the room was finally warm and when I complained we had prepaid(they made us) and we were unable to get out money back. they ended up issuing us a 10 credit (which seems to be the case for everyone. I am seriously irritated and am making sure that everyone knows not to go back!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Laura W
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Spent one night here and the issues that made it a place NEVER to visit again are numerous

(1) Got to the room and started to fill the Jacuzzi

In accordance with instructions from the front desk to fill the tub half way, wait ten minutes for the water to get warm again, as the front desk clerk told us they have small hot water heaters, then fill the rest of the way

Well, it took more than 40 minutes for the water to get hot enough to fill the tub the rest of the way and only stayed hot for about 10 minutes after that.

Frustrating to say the least.

(2) The room was freezing cold when we got there and there is only one small wall heater to heat the entire room and it does not do it fast or well.

(3) There was a gas fire place, but when we tried to use that the pilot light came on, but nothing happened for 3 to 4 minutes then all of a sudden there was what seemed like a small gas expolsion as the gas caught and started to burn.

(4) Plugging in chargers for phones and the like into the wall outlets caused sparks and pops making us beleive that continued use was either going to destroy our equipment or worse cause a fire in the room.

(5) Called the front desk and although they aplogized said there was nothing they could do and we would have to wait until the manager came in around 12 the next day.

(6) When I checked out I left a message for the manager to call me when they got in because what I wanted was to report the state of the room and see what they would do for us. The manager never did call me back and after calling the front desk again they contacted the manager and then called me back. The end result was that they offered me a $10.00 refund check.

(7) Paying $160 for a room that was not even close to being functional (or safe in my mind
) and being offered $10 as compensation was nothing but an insult.

The only satisfaction I have is to warn others to NEVER STAY AT COZY COVE or if you do be prepared to be disappointed or worse.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple