“OK stay” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Carterville, Illinois
“OK stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

This is our second time to stay here. We got a room on the top floor this time. The view of the ocean was pleasant. The room was $151.86 for the night. We like having a shuttle bus pick us up and take us back to our room from the casino. We enjoyed the buffet in the casino. Did not care for the tight slot machines however.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
      Location
1 Thank TravelingBirdsWeAre

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Klamath Falls, Oregon, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

A bit of a fiasco when we tried to check in and were told that because the laundry facilities were "down", no rooms would be available until 6:30-ish -- not their fault, and they handled it as well as could be expected, including comping part of our bill -- but it was a pretty big hassle for all concerned.
We had a ground floor ocean front room, so...nice view.
Otherwise, the room was just "okay" -- spacious, but a little musty and dated.
We also had people jiggling the door handles late at night -- there is a back door, access to the beach, and we had several people approach loudly and try the door around 11-12 at night, which was a little unnerving.
I had hoped to leave the window open a bit for the ocean breeze, but with so many people out and about, I decided not to.
Same thing happened with the front door that night.
Oh -- and apparently someone was jogging in place in the room above us when we were trying to get to sleep.
We had people with walkers with us, and found that even the ground floor rooms are difficult to get to -- there are stairs down, and although there is a ramp, it is a looong walk that way, especially for people with limited mobility.
The casino is a short walk from the hotel (there is also a shuttle), but is the noisiest, most crowded casino I've ever been in, and good luck getting a beverage - the beverage servers race by at warp speed, so by the time you've heard them yell "beverages!!", they're half a mile away.

All in all not a pleasant experience.
My advice would be, if you want to go to Chinook Winds Casino, stay someplace else and drive there.

One good thing -- the restaurant has really good biscuits and gravy!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
1 Thank Sally C

Travellers are raving about these Lincoln City hotels

Portland, Oregon, Usa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

They promise 'certain rooms' - it won't happen lately. They used to! Medical condition & fear of heights - open stair case - extra 19 steps, they will offer assistance with bags. I don't want help, I want to be on vacation - to hassles.
Hotel Seafood Grill has great new 4:00-5:30 PM offer. Waitress was so honest! Prime Rib, less than $12 - great! I passed on soup - salad was so fresh. Listen to servers!
Casino has new machines.
I had fun!
I just read latest reviews - I didn't take my computer - maybe why I enjoyed. Nothing works - well 383 plug in bathroom didn't. Maids promise to correct - don't.

Room Tip: First floor, people walk by & look in - I would never do solo.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
      Location
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Nancy K
Vancouver USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

One of the worst weeks spent at this hotel. Booked a month out out and was not advised that the internet was down until they had our money at check in. We were advised it was "spotty". We were unable to use the wifi during the entire stay. One the 2nd day I card to complain & was advised it was an amenity & I was not being charged extra! Amenity or not, these are the items that are factors in booking a facility. Had I known that it had been down off/on for a MONTH! I would have booked elsewhere. I will not return. There are many quality hotels in Lincoln City with working wifi

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Katvisions
Wilsonville, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

We very much enjoyed our stay at this property. The front deskwas very nice and cooperative. They did everything they could to make our stay pleasant. The restraunt was also very good and the staff very attentive. THE ONLY PROBLEM WAS A WIFI SYSTEM THAT NEVER WORKED.. There is no reason for this to not work.

Room Tip: high rooms have best view
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank David S
Eugene, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Unless you like frustration, don't pick this property. I booked an ocean front suite with fireplace and dining area with refrigerator. I arrived early. Was told room was on hold on upper floor but I could not check in until check in time. I left and returned at specified time. The room had not been held and I was given an obstructed ocean view room on the second floor. They had nothing else available. If that were not bad enough, the fireplace and refrigerator did not work. They sent maintenance but he could not do anything to fix the problem so he just left. I needed to refrigerate a medication, so I had no option but to place it on ice all night. Since nothing was working and the room was not what I paid for, I requested be moved for the second night to a more suitable room. For some reason, registration did not understand that I really wanted the room type that I had reserved and paid for. To facilitate the move to a new room, I removed all of my belongings from the room so they could clean it for the next guest. I was told to check back in to see if a suitable room was available throughout the day. I reminded them that I was on vacation and did not intend to spend my entire day waiting for a room. I told them my expectation was for them to check rooms every hour until they found one that matched my original reservation and hold it. Finally a call that one was available. And before noon. End of story? Although reassured that everything was working in the room and the view was unobstructed, I could not get the shower to work!!! Thank goodness my husband was finally able to get some water flowing. The WiFi did not work at all during my stay in either room. For my inconvenience I was told I would get a $30 credit for both nights. On checking my bill, I was credited for only one night. Going back? Probably not. Only good thing about the hotel was the location and view which I did not get to enjoy until the afternoon of my second day.

Room Tip: Don't take any low number rooms in A building. Don't plan on Wifi. Never worked during my st...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Las21784
Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed here 2 nights on our honeymoon. The room was fine- nothing spectacular - but the view was just amazing!!! Right on the beach! We had a lot of fun playing in the casino: they had a large variety of games and, unlike a lot of other casinos in the area, roulette was open the whole time we were there. The staff were VERY nice on the gaming floor. The restaurants were something else entirely. The buffet was the worst one we have had at a casino. The staff seemed miserable to be there. The food was awful. The salmon was so hard I could tap on it and it clinked. The turkey was dry and there simply wasn't much selection. There were a lot of desserts, but like everything else: subpar. The only thing I really enjoyed was the fry bread (which was delicious). In the cafe downstairs we had a portobello burger that was pretty good, but if we ever go back we won't be eating at the casino. We did eat at the restaurant at the hotel and it was OK - expensive, and not spectacular, but it was OK. Had a GREAT view =)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple