“Will Be Back for sure!”

Ranked #9 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Oregon
“Will Be Back for sure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2011

Loved the hotel room. The staff were all friendly. Beds were extremely comfortable, bath towel soft and the shampoo/conditioner/soap was incredible. I used these instead of my own and currently checking into buying for myself, and the view is amazing. Easy beach access and the hotel restaurant MIST was incredible. Great food, great prices (kids under 12 eat free-1 kids meal free per adult meal purchased) This sold us and we went there 3 times.
Pool is nice, warm, clean. I personally liked the no kids under 18 in the hot tub/sauna and exercise room although my kids were bummed not to be able to go in the hot tub. It made it a place where adults were not bothered by little kids. A tad inconvenient to exchange room key for pool key but I will take that over those coming in to pool area that do not belong.
Everyday at 4 pm the hotel set out fresh warm snickerdoodle cookies and the kids thought this was very special. They looked forward to going each afternoon around 4 for a free cookie. (great idea!!!)
Our only complaint for this whole stay was reoccuring smell of cigarette smoke. There are no AC units in the room and if it was a warmer day (Even if not, we love to have the balcony doors open) we could not keep the balcony doors (Or the front door) open for very long at all due to those who chose not to follow the No Smoking signs/rules. There were several rooms that would smoke on the balconies and it would blow right into our room. With allergies and athsma's in the family we spent most of the time there discouraged by not being able to enjoy the fresh, cool ocean air and sounds of the waves. We did complain but as they stated it's kind of a no win for us since those who usually break the no smoking rule deny it. I must say I fully appreciate those who smoke responsibly. It was just really frustrating to open the door and within 5 minutes having to go close it. And repeat ALL day/night. The room felt like it did get a little stuffy through the night with the warmer weather and no breeze (and no AC/fan unit in room)
With that being said we did love the place, restaurant(AMAZING food and staff) and the front desk staff, and the view of our beautiful Oregon Coast. Will stay again but if the smoking thing is an issue I will most likely pay for a beach house vs several rooms at a hotel the following time. I do know and understand that they cannot patrol this, I just wish there was a way it could be inforced. (maybe a walk along the beach/ocean side of hotel and confront those caught smoking??)

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Worstmomof4

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
pdx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2011

We stayed here last night for just one night without knowing much about it. We have stayed up and down the Oregon Coast and think this is a great find. Stylish lobby, excellent service, helpful friendly staff and a surprisingly good restaurant, Mist.
Mist is in a separate bldg on site and has a hip feel and very well priced excellent food We had both dinner and breakfast. Kid friendly and welcoming to families but an adult menu, not just the usual beach fare, and a cool bar. Excellent choice of top Oregon beers on draft - Ninkasi, Rogue etc.
The rooms are fine, nothing remarkable but clean and comfortable. They have dog friendly rooms, which we needed.
Very nice beach front, with a deep, uncrowded, beautiful beach.
Decent indoor pool.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank JDinPortland
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2011

I booked this hotel before reading any reviews, and was a little nervous when reading them post-booking. However, I was very pleasantly surprised by our stay.

The rooms are a little outdated, but we were very happy. The mini refrigerator and microwave are very nice, and we loved the fireplace. The ocean view is amazing!

The staff were all very friendly, and the restaurant was outstanding. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jesslin_v
Vancouver, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2011

I've been staying at Surftides for YEARS. It's always been my favorite place due to the location, but the last couple of years it's really gone down hill. Last summer I was frustrated because all but one of the ice machines was broken and they didn't even put signs up to tell you they were broken. I complained to the manager who assured me he was new, but he was working on it and it WOULD be getting better! This spring break I showed up.. guess what?!? Still only one ice machine the only improvement was that they now had signs up. Really, in 9 months you couldn't fix the ice machines? When you charge over a $100 a night you would think you could BUY new ones! In addition, the elevator was out of order for 3 of the 4 days and upon checking in we were told the pool was being repaired so there would be no swimming. Really people this is Spring Break! I can understand this from a lower price hotel, but Surftides it not cheap! I got to the beach 6-8 times a year... I'll be finding somewhere else in the future. Internet was also flaking and they changed the password without warning, so you spent time trying to figure it out finally complain to be told "Oh we change the password this morning".

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank SandyLynne
picataggio, Owner at Surftides Lincoln City, responded to this review, 16 May 2011
Was doing a walk through of the propert and we failed. I have no clue and I am speechless that no one order new ICE MACHINES.

I placed the order myself a few days ago. Will take a couple of weeks for them to arrive.

My Apologies, I am very embarrassed by this.

As for the elevator. The controller board burn out. Not much we could do about that one. i am sorry this happend while you were here.

The pool - Epic fail on the TIMING. I was under the impression this was being done in Feb. I came to the property during the same time you were there and was speechless!!
Needless to say it is now back up.

Yes, there is some obvious problems we are dealing with and getting taken care.

I am truely sorry this all happend while you were visiting us.

A normal repair schedule is during the Winter months and outside Painting of course is when GOD says so ( needs to stop raining for us )...
Corvallis
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2011

We stayed at the Surftides on Saturday night, April 2, 2011. The location of the hotel, the view from the room, and the beach access are great. Considering that, if they updated the place a bit, it would be a really nice place to stay.

The room was clean and the beds and linens were comfortable, except for the pillows which were small and flat. The room had a strong, unpleasant cleaner or deodorizer smell. The room and building are kind of run-down and shabby. There was a loud electrical humming noise all night long.

It was not a room we would enjoy hanging out in but for just sleeping, it was adequate. I would say it's a decent budget hotel if you consider $115 for 2 queens a budget price!

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank Alifeyl
Hello -

Thank you for your comments. I just did a run through of all the rooms. To let you know I order over 100 NEW Pillows and whole bunch of New comforters, and lots of new Sheets.
We also just got in 30 Brand new Flat Screens, with more on the way.

I will sit down with housekeeping and see what they are using in the rooms that caused the smell.

Hopefully when you return you will notice a major difference with all the NEW Product...
(Please give it a couple of weeks for those pillows to get here )
Weymouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2011

A friend and I stayed at Surftides for one night on a saturday. We booked a superior room with a fireplace and balcony...ocean front. Room was perfect. Beautiful view of the ocean and very clean. Bathroom was nice. They give you tons of extras, razor, breathe strips, toothpaste, shampoo and conditioner (Garnier). We ate at Mist, the hotels reataurant. Beautiful place. I got the surf and turf which was great. Had a bottle of champagne and steamers to start with. All was very good. Very close to Chinook Winds Casino too.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kellie224
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2011

We were in Lincon City for a basketball tournement and we wanted a hotel with a nice room, on the beach with a pool and a hot tub. The Surftides was all we wanted and more. the room was great, easily big enough for my wife and I, our 14 yr old daughter and her teammate. We loved the pool and hot tub area, and the view from the room was breathtaking! we spent a beautiful day on the beach after the girls games were over. The staff at the Surftides were extremely friendly and made sure that we knew to let them know if we needed anything at all. The room was perfect however so we didn't need to bother them at all! a great place to stay. we loved being right on the beach...this place was absolutely amazing!

Stayed March 2011, travelled with family