On a long road trip on the West Coast, we planned a one-night stop at Lincoln City, and had booked the Pelican Cove Resort (which is one of the top rated on TA). However, they made an error and double booked one of our two rooms so found us rooms instead at the Surftides, which they assured us was a much better hotel, at their expense. As a result, we paid nothing for our rooms so I don't know how much it would normally have cost us.
We had an ocean front room, which had everything we needed, and served the purpose quite adequately. The staff we met were all very helpful and friendly. Breakfast in the hotel restaurant was OK - the service was prompt and friendly though the food reminded me of Denny's (though not nearly as bad - I don't think anything could be).
However, to me the whole place felt down-market, even bordering on seedy. The fittings in the room and bathroom all seemed very cheap and old, and the carpet looked distinctly tired - worn and slightly stained in places. The place looked cheap - and as long as the prices reflect this, then it's probably good value for a low-cost, beach-front resort.
So, I wouldn't choose to stay there again, but it was free and it was a reasonably acceptable alternative to the place we'd actually booked, so I've given a neutral 3-stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An oceanfront multi-acre boutique hotel offering priceless memories for families, weddings, romantic getaways or just being with friends. Design and all the amenities you should expect in your perfect vacation. Indoor pool, on-site restaurant, indoor Jacuzzi, Workout room, Bike rentals, Basket Ball Court, multiple fire pits and the list goes on. All the above on-site amenities also come with crashing waves, cry of seagulls, panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean, warm sand squishing between your toes and of course priceless memories with your loved ones ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Surftides Lincoln City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surftides Lincoln City Hotel Lincoln City
- Lincoln City Surftides Hotel