“2nd Trip back was not good” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Surftides Lincoln City

Surftides Lincoln City
Ranked #11 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Orofino, Idaho
“2nd Trip back was not good”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

I had given good reviews to Surftides when I went in November of 2011 and then excitedly returned in December. I was unable to obtain a room on the top floor due to construction (over a holiday weekend? not too smart for business) and in this room I could not believe the thick amount of dirty grime that covered the table edges and chair arms. I had unpacked and hung up my clothes so did not want to move rooms, but I did get out a washcloth and began scrubbing with hot water and soap. The accumulation of grime had to have been from months of not being cleaned. When I checked out, I reported this to the young man with sandy colored hair at the front desk and mentioned that their quality assurance person obviously wasn't doing much a job (although she rushes into the room as you are leaving to make sure you aren't taking anything with you or have damaged something yourself. ) The young man acted like it was of little importance and failed to mention my concern to the manager. A few days later when I called the manager his only comment was "when you return ask for me and I'll make some adjustment on next stay's bill." Does he really think I want to return to a room that has furniture so filthy I did not want to use the table or sit in the chairs? I have never seen this much grime on furniture even in very cheap motels I had to stay at when I was in my 20's. He might have enticed me to return had he been business man enough to credit my unfortunate stay where I had to scrub down the furniture myself and had he and his staff been concerned about the filthy condition of the furniture. I doubt I ever return. BIG DISAPPOINTMENT!!!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Serendipity797

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Milwaukie, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

We love this hotel! The ocean front rooms are amazing and very affordable. The Mist restaurant is also VERY good!!! Highly recommend both!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OregonMom97222
Silverton, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

The Groupon the hotel offered was a great opportunity to visit and try out the hotel. Our room was not one of the most recently updated but, the bed was clean and comfortable and we had a great view. Rooms were quiet and housekeeping was very helpful when we discovered no remote for the TV.

The big surprise here is the restaurant, Mist. Breakfast, lunch and dinner served, room service available as well as picnic boxes if you place orders in advance. We had a fantastic breakfast our first morning, very tasty and incredibly reasonable in the newly redecorated restaurant. For dinner our second night we ordered just appetizers to nibble and the fish tacos were outstanding. Our server, Connor, was attentive, and genuinely seemed pleased to be of service. Food arrived quickly, was hot and very flavorful. Great options at great prices. I didn't hear anyone complain about the food, only gush about the meal exceeding their expectations.
Next time we visit, I'll ask for one of the renovated rooms, and of course will plan to eat at Mist.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room, almost all rooms are ocean front so no worries there!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Arizona City, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

My usband and I loved this place despite the front desk gal Nicole not being so friendly. Rebecca was wonderful and attentive bringing us extra pillows and whatever we wanted - she was great and made the trip exceptional and the best trip ever to Lincoln city yet! We will be back because of her hospitality

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

Overall, not that impressed. Still a great groupon value but a bit dated in the superior double. The hotel is from 30's I believe which is neat but that's about it.

Being right on the ocean was amazing and the view wow but too many seagulls out in the balcony, afraid they would fly in too. I felt like I was in THE BIRDS at times.

Very friendly staff made up for some of the less than resort quality rooms. A bit dusty, a leftover half drank bottle of brew my kid found in the fridge made great conversation. Oh, and I really wanted to get in the sauna and steam room but one was broken and taped up and the other never did warm up sauna style??
Pool room needs a good sanitizing, when im hot TUBBIN with sand and dirty bubbles, you know that's never a good sign.

I hope they fix these little maintenance issues, they could kick it up in that dept. And be a knockout...but its more of a miss than a hit.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank created4thecreator
Post Falls, Idaho, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

LOVED IT!! :) It was a nice pleasant place to stay. We enjoyed it ALOT. :) :)

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Medford, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

Spent one night recently at Surftides. My room was fantastic--beautiful bed and fireplace, couch in front of patio doors with the best ocean view I have ever had. The ocean comes right up to the motel. Can't say enough--housekeeping was excellent. Even met staff member named Rebecca who offered to show me how to work my high tech coffee maker--she was so friendly and fun--and helpful. Great smile! The desk clerk was friendly and I ate breakfast at the restaurant, which was very good and very reasonably priced. Totally great experience.

The couple I was traveling with and I all plan to return as soon as we can. Thanks so much for a truly memorable weekend.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends