I booked a partial ocean view non smoking room with one king bed. This was a one night trip for myself and my young son for Mothers Day and beach play time. The cost of the room was $74 after tax - a steal for an ocean FRONT property. An actual oceanview/oceanfront room would have been $120+ at the Surftides for the night and since I hadn't planned on being in the room a lot, partial view was fine with me.
We arrived at the hotel early, around 1pm and was told the room was not ready yet - I didn't expect it to be since checkin is 4pm but thought I'd check anyway. The man at the front desk was very nice, wish I asked for his name.
So, my son and I went down to the beach. The access is very easy and a short trip down a flight of stairs and you're on the sand! The beach there was very nice. Plenty of room for the hotel guests to spread out, didn't feel like anyone was invading our space etc. It was a perfect 74degree day and no wind, loved it.
We went back up and were able to check in at 3:30pm. The room was 602, first floor of 600bldg. Not one of the remodeled ones of course. I would recommend asking for 2nd floor to get a tad more of a view. Evenso you could still see the ocean and hear the waves.
The room description on the website was:
Partial View Room, Single King Bed
This room is located in our 600 Building and offer a partial view of the ocean.This room is not an ocean front room. Pets are not allowed in the Pool Area, lobby, Area, or Fire Pits area.
I wasn't expecting more than that. However, I was pleasantly suprised when we got in the room and found a fridge/microwave, sink and some dishes, silverware etc. The bed was very comfy. Soft, but not too soft.
Good size table and chairs in the sitting area, we played board games all night and forgot to check out the firepits for smores...oh well, next time!
We ate at Mist that night, taking advantage of the $5.99 steak dinner. Not a lot of steak there. But you could order two I guess haha. The garlic mash was yummy. The creme brulee? AMAZING! Children's men -- $4 for: mac-cheese (not kraft, more homemade YUMMINESS), cheeseburger, don't remember what else.
Swimming pool - older but goes from 3ft to 9ft and is indoors so it was a hit.
Oh the rooms have Keurig coffee makers, 4 pods in room to use, you can buy more for $2 each at front desk- or bring your own. They serve Tully's coffee.
Overall === we had a great time and would stay there again.
the fan was not working in the bathroom, minor detail that did not detract from our stay. i mentioned it to the front desk upon checkout.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An oceanfront multi-acre boutique hotel offering priceless memories for families, weddings, romantic getaways or just being with friends. Design and all the amenities you should expect in your perfect vacation. Indoor pool, on-site restaurant, indoor Jacuzzi, Workout room, Bike rentals, Basket Ball Court, multiple fire pits and the list goes on. All the above on-site amenities also come with crashing waves, cry of seagulls, panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean, warm sand squishing between your toes and of course priceless memories with your loved ones ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Surftides Lincoln City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surftides Lincoln City Hotel Lincoln City
- Lincoln City Surftides Hotel