“Beautiful, Clean and accomidating” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Surftides Lincoln City

Surftides Lincoln City
Ranked #11 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Boise, Idaho
“Beautiful, Clean and accomidating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

This is a newly remodeled/renovated hotel that is right on the beach! Absolutely beautiful! Friendly staff. We made sure to let them know ahead of time that it was our anniversary, and they were able to get us a corner/ocean view for NO extra charge. The view was to DIE for!!! We had an issue with our 'neighbors', but once we let the staff know, they stopped being loud and crazy, and we were able to enjoy our evening. The beds are ridiculously comfy, as are their poofy pillows. The bathroom area is large, with PLENTY of counter space. Our room also had a decent sized fridge and an AWESOME Keurig espresso maker, with adorable Surftides coffee mugs. It had a fireplace and even a cute little dining table to boot. This is our FAVORITE room of ALL of the hotels we've EVER stayed at. Ever. Period. The pictures on their website did NO justice. Room service was spendy, and not quite up to par as far as other eating establishments we've visited in the area. But if you're hung-over from a wild night at the casino, it's worth the extra money to have something delivered to your room. ;] That would have to be my only 'complaint', if I were to have any at all. Was a wonderful experience, and we will DEFINITELY be back soon! =]

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
picataggio, Owner at Surftides Lincoln City, responded to this review, 18 July 2012
Thank you for your review.
Better photos for the web site, yes this is on the top of mind and needs to get done now.
May your summer be filled with the best of times and we hope to see you back again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Sisters OR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

One week vacation per year right??? Called Surftides online, compared rates, talked to a SURFTIDES RESERVATION PERSON for morer the 30 minutes, knew the room I wanted, described the room 4 times, CORNER ROOM, two windows, one window facing north one west with sliding glass door and balcony. Described this 4 times, RIGHT???? She acknowledged four times she understood. Got confirmation email. no room number and not as I described but I assumed everything was ok???? WRONG WRONG WRONG??? I sent an email back wanting a confirmed room number, never replied. We arrived, not the room I wanted INSTEAD we got a room with one window back of the room we wanted, not a corner room. Most of the motel was FULL, they gave me a room with a daybed, which you can't SIT on, you have to LAY on and one patio glass door facing the ocean. VERY PISSED, ruined my vacation, the motel itself and all the employees were very gracious and accomodating but the reservation part sucks. I have stayed at the Surftides for many years but will re- consider future visits. If you know what you want in a motel that you have stayed in for many years and make reservations for a memorable stay watch out it can be a nightmare...........

Room Tip: Walk ins don't have a chance. Use motels that show the room online to view and confirm it is w...
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

Stayed 1 night (hotwire deal $80 all inclusive, partial ocean view, 2nd floor, balcony). Hotel is aged (I read it started operation around 1913) but it appears they have made upgrades and chosen a modern simplistic theme. White bed linen. Thanks god ... I can't stand flowery linen on the bed. The walls look tired. Bathroom is quite pleasant, brightly lit, and the white shower curtain curvily tugged at the center. It has a small kitchennett, microwave, fridge. Our room (606) did not have a fireplace, but a non issue. The hotel lobby is in a stand alone 1 story building across the dome shaped indoor pool (another building). Hotel lobby makes a good first impression with modern decor, open and airy. Had breakfast on site in Mist. Ordered house special French Toast (good portion and well done). Had an ocean view when having breakfast. Their lounge area at Mist centered around a beautiful fireplace, looks inviting. Attention Management - You have very poorly chosen loud music at Mist, not condusive to relaxation. The music takes away the enjoyment that could be had. It would be a lot better embience with soft music ... Jazz, Piano.... I woke up around 5:30 am with a itchy sensarion on my left arm. I do not have proof it was bed bugs but I was out travelling through mountains, rivers, gorge, city, etc. for 10+ days and it was the first day I had this problem. That's why I rated sleep quality as 2 out of 5.

2 Thank enchanteM
thank you for your review.
Those partial view rooms have not gone through the upgrade as of yet, soon though. Though they have gotten some touches such as beds, sheets, Kuerig Coffee Makers and such.
No Fireplaces in the Partial View rooms, The fire place are on the ocean view rooms ( check the web site for a complete breakdown )
Music is a touchy subject for everyone, some people want brand x music while others want brand y, very hard to strike that balance and please everyone, we do give a good try though.

Next time you visit the coast I would urge you to try one of Ocean Front rooms, book directly on our Web Site for the best rates and deals...
Pasco, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2012

I did not like the fact that out of my 5 night stay my sheets were not changed at all, my floor only swept once, and my coffee cups never replaced for clean ones. So i slept with dirty sandy sheets due to my floor being covered in sand from days at the beach and a 2 yr old. Also my window had two huge bird turds on them that were never cleaned. For over $600 i expected way more from this place. However the location was very nice.

Room Tip: Demand your room be cleaned and make a mark on your sheets to know they actually did their job.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Mike M
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2012 via mobile

What more can be said? Probably comp rates with the other hotels in the area. $300 for 2 queen beds for 2 nights. Dvd player didn't work. Small. Ocean view with balcony. Good walking beach with tide pools etc. Nothing spectacular. The best area was the fire pit area. Well done with about 6 separate areas with their own fire pit and benches. Nice plants surrounding individual areas.

• Stayed July 2012
Corvallis, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

My husband and I went to the coast for a quick get away and were not able to find any hotels available due to the kite festival and the casino celebrating their 17th year. So we figured we would just drive around and try and find something. As we drove down the beach front streets we pulled into the Surftides to see if they had any vacancies. The young lady at the counter eagerly replied yes and that her manager gave her the go ahead to sell rooms for %50 off since they only had a few left. We ended up getting a king suite with a balconey for extremely cheap. The room was very spacious with a seperate bedroom and everything was very clean. They had a bbq and music going on in the courtyard with several fire pits for everyone to sit around and enjoy. We lucked out with our room and we watched an amazing firework show on the back lawn of the casino.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, Owner at Surftides Lincoln City, responded to this review, 12 July 2012
thank you for the kind review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and the BBQ!!
Silverton, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012

It was our honeymoon and we looked for a room on the coast that had a fireplace and jacuzzi in the room overlooking the ocean. We thought this would be perfect and romantic! We spent almost $250 for this room and we thought it would be a nice place for our first night as husband and wife! We found the room on the internet, looked at the reviews and were told they had renevated them, so we thought that it would be nice. Well first of all the room was small. It had three tears in the carpet! The room was hotter than Hattis! We opened the door and there was NO SCREEN door! Mind you we were on the ground floor, so no screen door! Come on! How hard is it to have screens? We turned on the lights to find the lamps were all rusty, nasty! The biggest topper was when we were filling the jacuzzi tub THERE WASN'T ENOUGH HOT WATER TO FILL THE TUB!!!! Since it was 4th of July weekend the hotels were booked we would have found another place but this is where we got stuck with staying. The next day we complained and their answer was "We are really sorry. We will get maintenance on it right away. We hope you try us again in the future." That was it. So Needless to say, we will NEVER COME BACK! All I can say is the staff was pleasant but the room was NOT worth the money!!!

Room Tip: spend the extra money and go to INN at SPANISH HEAD!!!!
5 Thank Christine_Lewis
, Owner at Surftides Lincoln City, responded to this review, 12 July 2012
Hello and thank you for your review...

I am sorry to read your stay was not a great.

I am not sure where it says we have been RENEVATED but I can tell you our Lobby, Rest., and a good portion of our rooms have been redone, not all the rooms and if you look on our Web Site you will see photos of each room type that shows what the room looks like.

Like the majority of Hotel on the coast we do not have Air Conditioning in the rooms, this is because the coast has a great breeze that is cool that acts as a natural AC.

The trade off is during July its gets a bit warm, however being on the beach if you just open the window the rooms quickly cool down...

Having our Maint. staff go into the Jacuzzi room to look over the carpets...

The HOT WATER, that is 100% our issue. July 4th, the busiest day of the year and two of our main pumps died!! Very upsetting to day the least. We had to have new pumps drove out from Eugene that day ( Major expense on a Holiday ) , the Pumps that went bad also caused our Ground Floor Water Heaters to go out for a few hours.

This series of mishaps had an effect on about 25 rooms, it was not a good day as myself and the manager we knee deep in it ( literally ). Perhaps you saw us with the massive 50 gallon barrels on the sea wall and hoses stuck into the pump station on the first floor. It was not a fun day for a few of us.

However we thought we had spoken to each room, I was mistaken and offer my deepest apologies. I am copying your review to our GM so that he can contact you directly.