“A Diamond in the Hotel world” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Surftides Lincoln City

Surftides Lincoln City
Ranked #11 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Portland, Oregon
“A Diamond in the Hotel world”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2012

So I have my wife's family visiting from Australia and we decide to checkout the Oregon Beach scene, without reservations.
Yes, With myself, wife and one year old we, I am also plus a family of six.
Well we get to the Casino in Lincoln city, since the freeway puts you directly off right in front of it and I head to the Lobby. Of course Casino is booked but they have a list of hotels right in the area. Of course they do, that is standard casino practice.
Well the third one I call, I get this helpful yet hot girl voice on the phone; "No problem, come on down, the price is great and we can accommodate you no problem".
Its literally 2 minutes down the street.

The Surf tides is obviously a redone property, you can tell that it has a little wear and tear, but can you really? Because everything was brand new and freshened up nicely. Its super clean, the rooms floors, lines and bathrooms are generous sizes, and did I mention everything is pretty much new and up kept well?

It get better, the girl at the desk, well we will just call her "hot Cora" goes above and beyond and recommends a restaurant for us, books us a masseur, and even gives us a room a few doors away from the chaos that is my brother in laws family.
The general manager, I think his name is jason, is also super helpful. We actually had to split a day early because our infant came up with a cold.. But it was a non issue and jason made our headaches go away.
We also had breakfast in this newly done restaurant. Biscuits and gravy and german pancakes... Enough said.

I used to work at a 5 star Marriott. I know customer service. If you are in this area, stay here. Its clean and they go out of their way to be friendly and accommodate you. It was a pleasure meeting the staff and staying there. We will be booking again soon !

Room Tip: The rooms overlook the beach. Is there a bad one? I doubt it.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank EactCoastStickman
picataggio, Owner at Surftides Lincoln City, responded to this review, 7 October 2012
Thank you for you super kind words. I am so pleased to read your review .
I will be sharing this with the whole staff.

I will also have to post this at the desk to get a little red face out of cora, I am sure she will blush a bit after reading this review.

Stay safe, travel well.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Spokane, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2012

Stayed here for a long weekend getaway. We had a room on the 4th floor with king sized bed and fireplace. The bed was very comfortable, and we loved the built in couch which allowed us to sit and look out at the ocean while staying warm by the fire. The deck and carpet in the room looked a little dated but the rest of the room was updated and very nice.

The motel has easy access to the beach, its own restaurant and a nice courtyard area with gas firepits that are turned on in the evening. The Surftides also has a daily game of hiding little mermaids around the grounds and you win a prize if you find one! (We found 2). The restaurant has music on the weekends and in the summer has music in the courtyard with BBQ food and local brews available, which we enjoyed - The BBQ food was the best we've had in a long time!

If you like to go to casinos its about a 1/2 walk down the beach or street to Chinook Winds.

Room Tip: For best views, get a room that is on an upper floor and faces the ocean.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank YaYa910
Thank you for the review.
I am so glad to read that you were one of winners!!!! Every day we hide two of them as you pointed and to think you found both. That is fantastic...

Many concerts coming up soon hopefully we will see you soon.

Stay safe and travel well
Covington, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

We had a double-queen on the 2nd floor, one flight down to the beach. The view was amazing - loved that there were partitions on the deck so we felt very secluded and private. The rooms have been redone in a fun, beachy theme - I liked that the floors weren't carpeted, so we didn't have to feel bad when sand tracked in with us. The restaurant was excellent and we had a view there as well. Loved the location in Lincoln City as it was at the north end, so we didn't get stuck in much traffic, which can be bad in Lincoln City on the weekends.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank for the super kind words.

I am so glad to read that you enjoyed our newly renovated room.

Since fall is now on us we have started the process of renovating about anther 22 rooms.

Hopefully we will see you soon.

Stay safe and travel well.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

I've stayed here on 3 separate occasions and each time is wonderful. The service remains consistent, staff are always friendly, and the rooms nice and quaint. The view from the room is breathtaking. I was luckily enough to catch a kite festival on the beach while staying at Surftides.

The food at Mist (Surftides restaurant) is not bad at all, but I think they aim for quantity over quality. The calamari appetizer and surf and turf are my go to dishes.

Over all, I highly recommend staying here because of the pleasant staff and cleanliness of the facility.

Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012

I came here with my boyfriend on his birthday weekend. We could not have imagined a better experience. The front desk staff was very kind and accommodated us perfectly. I had an interview at 1 pm the day we checked out and they kindly extended our check out time and let me use the conference room free of charge. It was our first time here and we will definitely be back. The staff hides 3 mermaids on the property every morning before 10 and we found 1!! This means 20% off our next stay :)

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012

We stayed for 3 nights in honor or our 20th anniversary and had a great time. We were treated very well, from making the reservation to checking out. While making the reservation I happened to mention that we were coming for our anniversary, and we were surprised and delighted to find a bottle of wine and glasses, Moonstruck chocolates, and a room sprinkled with rose petals! Our room was on the first level and we were treated by a fantastic view right over the beach, so we went to sleep each night to the sound of the surf. The room was very clean, the beds were comfortable, and the shower was great, but what really made our stay restful was the wonderful staff. We can't say enough about the professionalism and warmth of the staff. We enjoyed the affordable room service, and with the microwave and mini-frig we hardly left the property. We've found our new favorite place to stay on the Oregon Coast!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
thank you so much for you review.

Chocolates and Rose pedals, this is something I wish just showed up every day at my house.

i am so glad to read that the time you spent with us went so well and created some good memories.

stay safe and travel well.
Covington, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2012

We celebrated our anniversary. The staff at Surftides is 2nd to none in my opinion. The front desk and manager were all extremely friendly and helpful. They put in extra effort in providing us flower pedals on our bed, 2 bottles of wine, chocolates, and an anniversary wish written in the sand outside our balcony. It was very impressive. It seems as if there are people working all the time around the hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple