I reviewed this hotel after my first stay last summer and mentioned that they would not take my expired Groupon at that time. Manager Claudia advised me that they would be happy to honor it in the winter, so I booked one night last weekend - I believe we are still in the winter? To be sure they would honor the face value of my expired Groupon I called the hotel the previous week to verify. The clerk assured me they would and even posted the certificate number in the notes of my reservation. Good thing I called! Same manager attempted to refuse it at check in! After some prodding she checked the notes and said in an exasperated manner "Okay! Whatever!" She told me the value ($129) would be deducted at checkout. However when we checked out the clerk did not verbally verify the amount bevore running my card and the full room fee was charged. Once again we had to invite him to look at the notes. He did reverse the charge and the apply the discount (not really a discount as I had already paid for it!) but then informed us that it could take up to 5 business days to get a credit. This is a decent hotel and rooms are clean, although updated like a rental property with cheap materials. And the staff is still very friendly. But I have to wonder how many other customers payed for a groupon they could not use because this this hotel accepts them or not as they choose. And this information is not in the "fine print". If they are too stingy to honor their groupons they should not offer them.
Because no one made any sort of apology for this I will never be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An oceanfront multi-acre boutique hotel offering priceless memories for families, weddings, romantic getaways or just being with friends. Design and all the amenities you should expect in your perfect vacation. Indoor pool, on-site restaurant, indoor Jacuzzi, Workout room, Bike rentals, Basket Ball Court, multiple fire pits and the list goes on. All the above on-site amenities also come with crashing waves, cry of seagulls, panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean, warm sand squishing between your toes and of course priceless memories with your loved ones ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Surftides Lincoln City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surftides Lincoln City Hotel Lincoln City
- Lincoln City Surftides Hotel