“Great hotel”

Surftides Lincoln City
Ranked #8 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Second time here in six months. We will be back again. The service is great and they are always accommodating. The mist bar has a wonderful atmosphere. The room service for breakfast was awesome and quick. Having a fridge and microwave made it even better for our experience.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I like this place for its location, on site resteraunt and bar, adult only hot tub. We have always been treated nice here. An older hotel like most on the Oregon coast. They have done some updating. With that said..My husband and I decided to try one of thier newly remodled rooms. We called the hotel and asked for thier best room. When we got there we walked into a one bedroom with a murphy bed and a double bed thing posing as a couch. This was more for a family not a romantic getaway. However we were on the top floor which we wanted. This room was supposed to be newly remodled and it was not. Or maybe previos familys already thrashed it. Nothing looked new. Stains on carpet. Balcony was filthy as well as the chairs with bird feces. They should keep those inside to keep clean for when needed on balcony. Also someone was smoking on the balcony below us so we didnt use the balcony much and had to keep the door closed. So much for listening to the ocean. The kitchenette was ok but you couldnt see a thing you were doing, even to make coffee. There was no lighting for this area. We should've complained right away but I dont think we would've gotten a better room as they were full. The coast is having a busy year this year, good for them! We over paid for this room, twice of what it was worth. Very expensive for such a room. When we got home we emailed the hotel explaining our thoughts on the room. This was one month ago and we still havent been contacted by them. Basicly the gentleman who sold us the room lied about it.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

The view and location to the beach is the best thing about this hotel. The room was okay....nothing too exciting. I did like that they updated their coffee makers to Keurigs. We had a quick check in which was nice. It was our anniversary trip and I had mentioned that several times. Most places will give you an upgrade or something nice when it's a special time like that. This place did nothing. Which was sad because we have came here several times. Not so sure we will be back though. The room decor was outdated and our comforter had a stain on it.

Room Tip: ask for an updated room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2014

room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The bathrrom was a nice size for room. The surf tides is close to the casino, and the ocean. Rooms have an ocean view. Great close parking. The lobby was neat and it has snacks and beverages

1  Thank J'Nee W
picataggio, Owner at Surftides Lincoln City, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Hi

Thank you for your review.

I will be sharing your review with our staff....

It is always a pleasure to give them praise!!!

Safe travels and we look forward to hosting you again..

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I reviewed this hotel after my first stay last summer and mentioned that they would not take my expired Groupon at that time. Manager Claudia advised me that they would be happy to honor it in the winter, so I booked one night last weekend - I believe we are still in the winter? To be sure they would honor the face value of my expired Groupon I called the hotel the previous week to verify. The clerk assured me they would and even posted the certificate number in the notes of my reservation. Good thing I called! Same manager attempted to refuse it at check in! After some prodding she checked the notes and said in an exasperated manner "Okay! Whatever!" She told me the value ($129) would be deducted at checkout. However when we checked out the clerk did not verbally verify the amount bevore running my card and the full room fee was charged. Once again we had to invite him to look at the notes. He did reverse the charge and the apply the discount (not really a discount as I had already paid for it!) but then informed us that it could take up to 5 business days to get a credit. This is a decent hotel and rooms are clean, although updated like a rental property with cheap materials. And the staff is still very friendly. But I have to wonder how many other customers payed for a groupon they could not use because this this hotel accepts them or not as they choose. And this information is not in the "fine print". If they are too stingy to honor their groupons they should not offer them.
Because no one made any sort of apology for this I will never be back.

5  Thank ChristinaWSalem_OR
picataggio, Owner at Surftides Lincoln City, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Thank you for your review.

I am glad to have read we did get the Groupon amount applied to the bill.

We do honor all the groupons, since the deal expiration they are treated like a gift cert for the face value as you pointed out.

I will get with our Management staff and see why this was made into an issue...

Given that almost everything we did in the updated rooms were custom made pieces that can not be purchased any where I am sad to read you felt we used cheap materials

I wish you the very best where ever your travels take you..

Reviewed 22 January 2014

The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable.
The bathtub was a nice size to soak in. The surf tides is close to a casino, and the ocean. some rooms have a ocean view. Good parking.
When we called for a extra cot the staff was very prompt in bringing it up to the room.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for the kind review.

I will share with our staff ..

Safe travels and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future..

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We made our reservations at the last minute but was so surprised when we checked in and was informed that they had upgraded us from our reserved room to a suite. It was on the fourth floor with a balcony looking right out to the water. We had a bedroom plus another bed in the main area, a fireplace, microwave, small stove, plates and cutlery and a small refrigerator. The staff at the front desk were very helpful as we had forgotten our tooth brush and needed a couple of bandages and asprin. They served wonderful cookies in the lobby about 5:00 PM. The restaurant across the parking lot, The Mist, had a very nice early bird dinner which we enjoyed. I will be back for sure for the location was great.

Room Tip: I did not see the other rooms but I do not think there is a bad room there for they all face the bea...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LSgreeneyeldy

Thank you for very kind words...

There are views of the ocean and then there is being right on top of it when you look outside your window.

Safe travels and we look forward to seeing you in the very near future..