It seems what the typical, moderate level hotel lacks in recent years, is a sense of atmosphere. Surftides skillfully walks the fine line separating overblown and underdone. In a strange way, it gets everything right without really trying. When travelling to the beach, I seek a reasonable amount of tranquility in the experience. Not enough to lull me into boredom though. Surftides seems to be wise to this notion. The exterior is fun and colorful, yet avoids being gaudy. The room itself was somewhat of a surprise. To state the obvious, the ocean view was gorgeous. Its balcony had the perfect amount of room to stand, walk, lean on the rail, admire the view, or indulge any couples out there with a penchant for creativity. In spite of the adjacent balconies it gave a genuine feeling of privacy and solitude. The room, inexplicably, gives the guest a feeling of something truly unique in spite of its layout being relatively basic. The fireplace was a bit ho-hum compared to what I'd envisioned. Nonetheless, it was a minor flaw and negligible in the scope of everything else. The beds were more comfortable than I had imagined. Employees were friendly and gave the appropriate amount of consideration to each guest. It had a nice pool and hot tub, great steam room and well kept lobby. This review would more accurately be represented with a four and a half star rating. Alas, the option isn't there. Fireplace aside, my only gripe was its regrettable parking structure and the strange transition onto the main roads. I can't articulate the specifics of this. It's just very odd and it's a "you'll have to see for yourself" situation. That said, you should. I'd visit again. Maybe more than once.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An oceanfront multi-acre boutique hotel offering priceless memories for families, weddings, romantic getaways or just being with friends. Design and all the amenities you should expect in your perfect vacation. Indoor pool, on-site restaurant, indoor Jacuzzi, Workout room, Bike rentals, Basket Ball Court, multiple fire pits and the list goes on. All the above on-site amenities also come with crashing waves, cry of seagulls, panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean, warm sand squishing between your toes and of course priceless memories with your loved ones ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Surftides Lincoln City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surftides Lincoln City Hotel Lincoln City
- Lincoln City Surftides Hotel