Surftides Lincoln City
Ranked #8 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed 31 March 2014

It seems what the typical, moderate level hotel lacks in recent years, is a sense of atmosphere. Surftides skillfully walks the fine line separating overblown and underdone. In a strange way, it gets everything right without really trying. When travelling to the beach, I seek a reasonable amount of tranquility in the experience. Not enough to lull me into boredom though. Surftides seems to be wise to this notion. The exterior is fun and colorful, yet avoids being gaudy. The room itself was somewhat of a surprise. To state the obvious, the ocean view was gorgeous. Its balcony had the perfect amount of room to stand, walk, lean on the rail, admire the view, or indulge any couples out there with a penchant for creativity. In spite of the adjacent balconies it gave a genuine feeling of privacy and solitude. The room, inexplicably, gives the guest a feeling of something truly unique in spite of its layout being relatively basic. The fireplace was a bit ho-hum compared to what I'd envisioned. Nonetheless, it was a minor flaw and negligible in the scope of everything else. The beds were more comfortable than I had imagined. Employees were friendly and gave the appropriate amount of consideration to each guest. It had a nice pool and hot tub, great steam room and well kept lobby. This review would more accurately be represented with a four and a half star rating. Alas, the option isn't there. Fireplace aside, my only gripe was its regrettable parking structure and the strange transition onto the main roads. I can't articulate the specifics of this. It's just very odd and it's a "you'll have to see for yourself" situation. That said, you should. I'd visit again. Maybe more than once.

Room Tip: From what I've witnessed, there isn't really a "bad room" here.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

My husband and I showed up without a reservation
they greeted us warmly help us select a room ,we were thrilled with our room it had a microwave and a fridge in a wee kitchen type area.
We had a balcony with the view of the beautiful pacific ocean and all the sea birds ,just beautiful.

I liked that the room did not have carpet! also I liked that they did not have bedspreads but that thing they do with sheets instead (love that so clean and fresh) I was disappointed that there was only 2 pillows ,I have never been to a hotel that did not give you 4 pillows on a bed, there was a little small hard pillow hidden in the closet area and a big brown throw pillow that clearly could not be washed between guests ,so at check in ask for more pillows!
The pool and hot tub are nice ,there are lots of pool towels in the pool area.
We REALY enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel as a clean family friendly place to stay.

1  Thank simpleyme
Reviewed 29 March 2014

The room smelled so musty it gave me a headache and set off my sons allergy to mold. The carpet was very worn and the bathroom was dirty. Pets are allowed but the pet area is across a well traveled street, not on the property. I do not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
14  Thank travelfam04
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We had a great stay at the Surftides. When I called to confirm my reservation, I wanted to be sure we had a non-pet room due to allergies. Doug was wonderful and booked us in a newer room that did not allow pets. It was newly remodeled and very nice with a great view. Only complaint we had was there was no table or chairs for us to eat at. We told the maintenance person and he immediately brought us a table and chairs. Doug hosted a very nice wine reception in the lobby and we enjoyed chatting with him. We also enjoyed the restaurant Mist. Great bartender and good food (we ate at the bar). All the staff at the hotel were wonderful and we will definitely go back.

Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Second time here in six months. We will be back again. The service is great and they are always accommodating. The mist bar has a wonderful atmosphere. The room service for breakfast was awesome and quick. Having a fridge and microwave made it even better for our experience.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I like this place for its location, on site resteraunt and bar, adult only hot tub. We have always been treated nice here. An older hotel like most on the Oregon coast. They have done some updating. With that said..My husband and I decided to try one of thier newly remodled rooms. We called the hotel and asked for thier best room. When we got there we walked into a one bedroom with a murphy bed and a double bed thing posing as a couch. This was more for a family not a romantic getaway. However we were on the top floor which we wanted. This room was supposed to be newly remodled and it was not. Or maybe previos familys already thrashed it. Nothing looked new. Stains on carpet. Balcony was filthy as well as the chairs with bird feces. They should keep those inside to keep clean for when needed on balcony. Also someone was smoking on the balcony below us so we didnt use the balcony much and had to keep the door closed. So much for listening to the ocean. The kitchenette was ok but you couldnt see a thing you were doing, even to make coffee. There was no lighting for this area. We should've complained right away but I dont think we would've gotten a better room as they were full. The coast is having a busy year this year, good for them! We over paid for this room, twice of what it was worth. Very expensive for such a room. When we got home we emailed the hotel explaining our thoughts on the room. This was one month ago and we still havent been contacted by them. Basicly the gentleman who sold us the room lied about it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2014

The view and location to the beach is the best thing about this hotel. The room was okay....nothing too exciting. I did like that they updated their coffee makers to Keurigs. We had a quick check in which was nice. It was our anniversary trip and I had mentioned that several times. Most places will give you an upgrade or something nice when it's a special time like that. This place did nothing. Which was sad because we have came here several times. Not so sure we will be back though. The room decor was outdated and our comforter had a stain on it.

Room Tip: ask for an updated room.