If you are looking for a place in Lincoln City - you can find many other places that are cleaner and more customer focused.
The manger here lies and talks to you like they are doing you a favor by letting you stay. Upon check-in we had to move rooms because of the gas smell in the room. The next day we saw someone in our room going through our stuff - you can see from the beach up through to the room with the sun behind the hotel...
We called the front desk and said it was "maintenance" and the person just peaked in really quick. We told her we saw someone going through our room - she then changed her story and that they didn't have anyone registered in that room and were trying to figure out who it was. The person was going through our stuff looking for luggage tags and drivers licenses. She then put someone else on the phone on told him to tell us that it was because we changed rooms so much and that it was our fault! We changed rooms once - because of the smell - we didn't do anything wrong. Yet the hotel lied to us, looked through our stuff and blamed us for their mistake and how they handled it.
There are many ways to figure out who is in the room - note on the door, the light on the phone or even when we called earlier for towels. But to lie and go through our stuff??? Then blame us?
I went to the lobby and asked the manager why they were in the room and why they lied - she said they had every right because we changed rooms so much. I told her we were customers for 18 years and can't believe how they were treating us - she said that we wouldn't be customers for long. WOW. For something we didn't do? I got mad and told her that she shouldn't have gone through our stuff, that there are other ways to figure this out. Yep - I raised my voice, this manager obviously didn't care about us as customers. 18 years once to twice a year we had stayed... no apology, no understanding, no trying to 'nice' and talk us through what really happened. No she pushed this off as our fault - the customer.
This hotel has been our tradition that has now come to an end. Treat customers like dirt, lie to them and do whatever they want. This is not the kind of place I want to spend my hard earned money. If the owners don't want to be contacted and they hire managers who don't understand customer service - then they don't really want anyone's business.
There are plenty of other hotels to stay in Lincoln City!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An oceanfront multi-acre boutique hotel offering priceless memories for families, weddings, romantic getaways or just being with friends. Design and all the amenities you should expect in your perfect vacation. Indoor pool, on-site restaurant, indoor Jacuzzi, Workout room, Bike rentals, Basket Ball Court, multiple fire pits and the list goes on. All the above on-site amenities also come with crashing waves, cry of seagulls, panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean, warm sand squishing between your toes and of course priceless memories with your loved ones ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Surftides Lincoln City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surftides Lincoln City Hotel Lincoln City
- Lincoln City Surftides Hotel