I have a lot to say about this place. First off BEFORE I booked ahead of time, I called Surftides to make sure they take the AAA membership discount, I was informed that they do take it so I decided to book. The room was originally 189.99 a night so I was already splurging but figured at least I get a discount so I could justify. Upon arrival at the front desk I was given my bill and noticed the amount was much higher than I had expected and I hadn't gotten my discount. I was then informed that they don't take AAA discounts and that they were sorry. I decided to let it go and just enjoy my room anyway. When we got to our room I was expecting the new modern rooms like the website showed, but was surprised when we walked in and the room looked like it was straight out of 1985. Old carpet, old floral wallpaper, big boxey TV. Other than the room being outdated the rest of the hotel in the lobby area and restaurant was very nice, and the views of the ocean was incredible- I will give them that. The grounds were also very well kept up. My boyfriend and I got into Lincoln City pretty late and were loving the ocean view and walks on the beach so we actually decided to switch around our traveling schedule and stay one more night elsewhere on the coast. We searched a few other places but unfortunately we had no luck. We decided to check with Surftides anyway to see if they had a cheaper room since we wouldn't be staying in it much anway. The front desk employee quoted me a room with a price of $166 for the night AND she said since I was promised the AAA discount weeks ago she would give us the discount anyway, for the trouble they had already given me. So I said SCORE, and thank you for accommodating us, we'll take it! Low and behold, the next day when I went to check out that was not the price shown on my bill, and those "so called" AAA discounts had not been taken off. I asked to speak with a manager (name was Beth Evans) and here's exactly what she said "I'm sorry but no, we do not give AAA disounts. I have a lot of new staff here so some of them may have been confused about that, I'm sorry. Here's what I'll do: I'll give you 10% off breakfast, our buffet is only $12.00 (WOW- I'd save $1.20) And, the next time you're in town (I came from Minnesota) I'll give you a way good deal on a room for a night". Oh, and also, the least you should be getting when paying this much for a room stay is a continental breakfast. Don't expect one cause they certainly don't offer it.
I couldn't believe the customer service of this place. Yes, they do have a beautiful location but the service and the rooms is NOT worth the $200+ per night. I stayed at a Howard Johnson a couple nights after and their service was incredible and only $70, and they served breakfast. Having a lot of family living in Oregon and staying on the coast every once in a while, if this would have been a place that I enjoyed I would recommend it in a heartbeat. But I will most certainly be saying the opposite and telling them to spread the word. Seriously, you're better off staying in a Super 8 or something comparable which is just down the road. You maybe don't have an ocean view but you'll save yourself the headache and about $130/night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An oceanfront multi-acre boutique hotel offering priceless memories for families, weddings, romantic getaways or just being with friends. Design and all the amenities you should expect in your perfect vacation. Indoor pool, on-site restaurant, indoor Jacuzzi, Workout room, Bike rentals, Basket Ball Court, multiple fire pits and the list goes on. All the above on-site amenities also come with crashing waves, cry of seagulls, panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean, warm sand squishing between your toes and of course priceless memories with your loved ones ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Surftides Lincoln City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surftides Lincoln City Hotel Lincoln City
- Lincoln City Surftides Hotel