“WE WILL BE BACK !!!”

Surftides Lincoln City
Ranked #8 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed 24 January 2011

Surftides is a GREAT hotel. Located directly on the beach, you every room is ocean view and just seconds from feeling the sand in your toes.
The staff is super friendly. Anything you need or want is done for you without hassle. The beds are like big puffy white clouds, and the rooms are super comfy. Turned on the fireplace, popped in a DVD, cracked the slider so we could hear the ocean ... and RELAXED!
We stay there a few times a year, and we ALWAYS come back to Surftides. The rooms may be higher priced than some other hotels, but it is worth it! The view, the location (just blocks from the casino and a restaurant on site) ,makes it super convenient.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bbrowneyes81

Reviewed 1 January 2011

When we arrived we were one of three couples in the lobby and walked right up to the desk. We were greeted with It is a busy weekend so we are going to RUSH you through this, we were given some odd directions and told to take a elevator although we were on the fourth floor the same as the lobby so no need of the elevator. We got to our room and it was freezing, after several hours it wasn't any better. Our friends got the same suite next to us it was much larger and had a love seat and we paid the same price. Our friends room was cold the fireplace's didn't put out any heat in either room and we heard another room complaining of heating issues. The sliding glass doors on both rooms were extremely hard to open and close I broke three finger nails trying to open it. We also had a chair that had a broken arm on it. We did let them know at the desk that our room wouldn't get warm and they just said sorry. The shuttle to the casino only came once every hour at the Liberty Inn it's much sooner.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tera74
Reviewed 30 December 2010

Stayed 3 night Great comfortable room Nice deck and gas fire place . Great location and view.Easy access to beach and flood lights that light up beach at night Great for quiet getaway and great view.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank donutking70
Reviewed 29 December 2010

I am a writer and I love this Hotel. I also lived and worked in Lincoln City 30 years ago. The Staff was great, the weather was bad but we had a great time and slept well, what can I say.
Jeff at the Mist (restaurant) was over the top.I have never seen anyone work the bar, front end and back end of a restaurant so efficiently. If you ever have a chance to get here please go, The food was over the top along with the drinks. I know that place could rock if the economy would just turn around. So good there and make it happen......I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank jj19431953
Reviewed 26 October 2010

We had stayed at the surftides back in 1996 and just loved it.We just spent the weekend there oct 2010 and was very disappointed. The check-in was great and the swimming pool and hot tub were also fun. However when we arrived back at our room the second night we found no-one had cleaned our room we had no towels,coffee,shampoo ect....I thought when I explained this when I checked out I might get a discount or even a free night stay but no all that was said is thank you for staying with us see you again.For the money we spent we shouldn't have to ask for maid service it should be done automatically.Will not go back

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank xlindakx
picataggio, Owner at Surftides Lincoln City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2010

Hello -

I am very sorry that we failed to meet your expecations on such a basic routine task.

I surely do not like reading these types of reviews. Like anyone I like seeing 100% great reviews. However I know we will fall off that horse sometimes.

We use these types of reviews to speak with GM about training opportunities for the staff.

Which you can be sure we will be doing the Housekeeping staff.

When something like this happens, and it should not happen. The front desk is more than stocked up to be able to get what ever the guest requires. Towels, Shampoo, etc. I do trust that you had put a call to the desk and were able to get supplies.

As part of the industries efforts to go green and our country's effort, about 1 year ago or so we started instituting various GREEN programs.

As part of our water conservation program we do not wash the towels everyday unless the guest specifically asks us too as per the instructions on the hanging card in the bathroom.

I wonder if the housekeeper misread the placement of the card? Possible. Potential training opportunity.

Reviewed 19 October 2010

Booked this hotel a few days before our trip to the Oregon Coast. They stated they could not guarantee top floor in case other guests wanted to stay over. Weird, but I took my chances. Minuses: K-bed room is small and furnishings worn but clean, no breakfast, heat did not work until maintenance man fixed it. Pluses: THE VIEW! Sitting on the balcony, watching the sun go down, seagulls hovering on the wind right in front of you hoping for a handout - priceless. Gas fireplace in the room was nice - timer broken. Did not use pool, spa or fire pits.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
picataggio, Owner at Surftides Lincoln City, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2010

Thank you for the review.

We often do not make a guarantee for an exact room. Just imagine if you were a guest in the room the night before, you call down to extend your stay and but the agent says you have to move rooms because some one was guaranteed to stay in that room. I have feeling you would be very upset, well at least I would.

We do how ever make every attempt to make sure all request are met for our guests. Somethings are just a fine line we have to walk to please everyone.

We are about to start renovating all the jacuzzi rooms. Hopefully with in two months we should be done.

Reviewed 15 October 2010

For the price and location Surftides is not a bad place to stay. Richard and Carl did a great job making me and my husband feel very comfortable.

Everything in the room was nice except yes except for in the bathtub there was someone hair which leads me to believe they didn't thoroughly clean the tub. :-(

One other thing, we had a great view from our balcony, what would of made things nicer is if housecleaning cleaned the balcony from all that Seagull's feces, yuk!

Beside those two things I would definitely stay again.

P.S. The restaurant food is so so, eat at your own risk.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple