“safety risk”

Inn at Cross Keys Station
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Madras
Reviewed 5 May 2013

After the second try to get keycards that would open my room door, the desk manager handed me a housekeeping keycard. I stated that I felt uncomfortable using a card that would allow access to any/all guest rooms; she left me no option. Upon checking out, I again stated that using the housekeeping keycard made me uncomfortable, put me and other guests at risk, and was a liability for the hotel. The same staff person identified herself as the manager, and did not seem to grasp why this was a problem. I will not be staying at this property again--knowing that security is lax and that unauthorized people may be randomly given access to guest rooms. Too bad; this is the newest hotel in Madras with some nice features.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
9  Thank Linda D
crosskeysstation, Manager at Inn at Cross Keys Station, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

The comment made by this customer regarding the safety risk is not valid. Occasionally we do encounter problems with our key card system. In the case that the guest is not able to open their door, the hotel staff will try to make the card again. If this does not work we do have special keys that we can make for specific roooms that will overide the system. There was not safety risk that occured during this incident. This is just standard procedure.

Court Priday
Manager

Reviewed 14 April 2013

After 2 long days on the road, this hotel was such a treat. The decorating was first class! Our compliments to the person who chose the carpets, furniture, laminate, stone etc. We loved the furniture in the lobby. I liked the yogurt and fruit cups at breakfast. We love this part of Oregon - beautiful country. Highway 97 is the best.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jan g
crosskeysstation, General Manager at Inn at Cross Keys Station, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Thank you soo much for the wonderful comments made on the hotel. We are very proud of the product we offer here in Madras. I will pass along to our interior decorator that you really like the decor'. It will make her smile!!

Court Priday
Manager
Inn at Cross Keys Station

Reviewed 4 April 2013

We stayed in Mid March 2013, arriving on a weekend evening, we were greeted warmly to a clean and tidy Hotel with a nice indoor pool and a small high quality cardio fitness room overlooking the indoor pool.
A group of medaevelists were staying over the weekend, providing for some interesting attire and perhaps some gaming.
Rooms are tidy and modern with flatscreen TVs and clean modern bathroom,beds were comfy. Location was good for sleep as the Adjacent Hwy is down the hill a bit and also has sparce traffic at Night.

By far the nicest place to stay in Madras, at a price that saves you 60-100 bucks compared to a comparable Inn in Bend.
Booked our stay based on Trip Advisor reviews.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Papatravels
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I wasn't expecting much from a hotel in a small town like Madras but was pleasantly surprised by the friendly, helpful staff, the clean facilities and the nice amenities. The pool and hot tub area are very nice and open 24 hours. Breakfast was nothing special, but it did the job and had plenty of items to select from. The desk agent who checked us in was extremely helpful.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TWHR
Reviewed 20 February 2013

It has been over 8 years sence I have been back to Madras Oregon, my wife has never been there. We checked in on the 9th of Feb, and OMG, this hotel was top notch on everything. The decor and atmosphere was like that of a high-end ski resort. The staff was warm and accommodating and made our stay feel like we were at home. Since we were on a tight budget, we greatly appreciated the complimentary breakfast. This hotel offers a 24hr indoor heated swimming pool and jacuzzi that is awesome, as well as, a 24hr gym (which my wife loved). I would highly recommend this hotel for couples or families.
The Hendersons

Room Tip: Ask for a bottom room with children. They are very accommodating.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ebeth2teach
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I stay here all the time for work. The place is very nice, always clean. The staff is helpful when you need help. I highly recommend for business or pleasure. The pool and work out facility are also very nice.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank jgingerich
Reviewed 29 December 2012

This motel was a very nice place to stay while in Madras. The rooms are very comfortable and clean and breakfast provide downstairs was just right to start the day. I would stay here again when in town.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lynn T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madras
Quality Inn Madras
#1 of 1 in Warm Springs
Hub Motel
Hub Motel
#8 of 8 in Redmond

Been to Inn at Cross Keys Station? Share your experiences!