“Nice Road Trip Motel”

Quality Inn Madras
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Madras
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This was our final night on the road driving home. The room had everything you needed for a comfortable evening. It was clean, the bed was great and the bathroom looked brand new. My issue was the breakfast. I went to eat about 9:15 and much of the food was dried out. The potatoes were hard and could not be eaten. The eggs were alright but most everything else was gone. I waited a few minutes to see if someone was going to re-stock everything but decided to leave. I probably would have found better food an hour earlier. I never expect much at these "breakfast" deals so I can't be totally disappointed. This is a nice place for an overnight stay while on the road.

Room Tip: Room 114 was near the ice maker, so you might want to avoid it.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
HT1Madras, General Manager at Quality Inn Madras, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for your review Chet C. and also for the recommendations for other guests when the are looking to stay here. I do want to apologize for the food in the breakfast not being up to standards and even though our breakfast is served from 6am-9am, if we have food out it should be edible. Once again thank you for your time for your review and we look forward to serving you in the future.

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Madras

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I usually stay at the BW Madras Inn for work. Let me say that I would also stay there for pleasure. The outside of the hotel was recently re-painted and it really updated the look - very nice. Room was clean and generally quiet with the exception of the toilet, which started leaking at some point in the night and would periodically run to refill the tank. I reported it at checkout and I'm sure it got fixed. The beds are really comfortable. Continental breakfast was typical, with cereals and breads, the waffle machine and a hot tray with eggs, spuds, ham and sausage patties. The owners always treat me like someone special!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I was on a 5-day Evening Seminar road trip with a long drive from Bend to LaGrande. I drove from Bend to Madras after a late seminar to make the next days drive a little shorter. This was a good location but there wasn't much open that late nearby. The hotel was great.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 May 2014

From the moment I arrived at the hotel, I was treated with respect, the entire staff where nice, kind, and very helpful. I would recommend your hotel to my family and friends. I make it a point to stay at another Best Western just because of how I was treated in Madras. I just want to Thank you all very much, I felt very comfortable and safe my entire stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This is a nice hotel with good value. The hotel is close to restaurants (although avoid the Mexican restaurant right next door). The people are nice and very helpful. The breakfast was pretty good. It was also quiet.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We came to Madras for a baseball tournament so we weren't looking for a vacation resort. With that said, then we probably made the right choice. The team stayed at the Inn at Cross Keys, very nice but more expensive. The rooms are very basic but clean and the beds and pillows were comfortable. The desk staff person was very nice and accommodating. The breakfast is free and very basic, not great. If I were vacationing I would choose the Inn at Cross Keys with it's indoor pool.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 March 2014

this hotel has the most amazing pillows and beds. We had the best night sleep in a long time. You can actually purchase the pillows so you can sleep this good at home. Good full breakfast added to the value of this stay

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
HT1Madras, General Manager at Quality Inn Madras, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Thank you for your review and an FYI, the pillows can be purchased through any Best Western Property. Ours are the Dream Makers and are the firm series. Thank you again and I hope this is helpful.-Clifford

Also consider these accommodations in or near Madras
Inn at Cross Keys Station
#1 of 1 in Warm Springs
Hub Motel
Hub Motel
#8 of 8 in Redmond

Been to Quality Inn Madras? Share your experiences!