Sunset Surf Motel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Coast Cabins(Manzanita)
Surfside Resort(Rockaway Beach)
View Hotel
Rockaway Beach Resort(Rockaway Beach)
Tradewinds Motel(Rockaway Beach)
View Hotel
Sea Haven Motel(Rockaway Beach)
View Hotel
Beach Stay Motel(Rockaway Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewsbudd buildingheated poolgas fireplacedirectly across the streetocean viewjunior suitegreat viewcan't beat the viewmanzanita beachperfect locationoregon coastsliding glass doorfull kitchenfirst floorupstairs roombottom floorlove manzanita
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We were here last year in November and liked it so much we came back this year and plan to make it a fall ritual. We like to get the upstairs room because of the great view of the ocean. The rates are reasonable for the area (around $70 a night). Full kitchen,(stove,fridge, microwave and all the utensils.) Bed was OK but sofa a bit uncomfortable. Only warnings I have is the hot water is SCALDING hot so don't fill the tub and jump in and the WI-FI was going in and out but we weren't there to get online.. Once again,like everyone else, the view is wonderful and the beach is right across the street.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2013

This was my 3rd visit to Sunset Surf in the fall, and I will return. The location is unbeatable with the beach right across the (very quiet) street, and spectacular views of the sunsets. The room has been refurnished, wifi is available, and the staff are accommodating. Nearby is the Little Apple grocery store with a great selection of deli and other foods, so meals are easy if you choose to eat in, although there are a number of reasonable restuarants. Other small boutique-like in Manzanita make for interesting shopping.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2013

The motel is a bit dated, there aren't a lot of amenities but the location can't be topped for being right on the beach.
One odd thing: it's hard to make a reservation at times. We called the 800# for three days and got No Answer!! Finally on the 4th day of trying someone answered. Then the young woman at check in was pretty indifferent and non engaged. They must have more business than they need. We have our favorite rooms so we are willing to put up with less than stellar front desk service.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2013

At Sunset Surf, I rented the cheapest room ($60 in October). It was therefore not much to write home about. It was really the back bedroom of a suite that could be closed off and rented separately. Quite tiny and a little claustrophobic. There were some small rough edges (such as warped linoleum in the bathroom) and none of the finishes were "fancy" (linoleum, prefab plastic shower enclosure, cheap rug). But it was clean, had a peek-a-boo view of the water, had a little fridge, and wi-fi. And, the location can't be beat. Still, the next night I stayed in a similar room at Tolovana, same price, similar location (though with no view at all) and it was more comfortable and just felt nicer. But I like Manzanita better than Cannon Beach-- much fewer people. So, I will likely return to Sunset Surf. I should say, the larger kitchenette suites had balconies or porches, and huge windows / sliding doors out to the ocean, gorgeous views, perfect location. I think it'd be worth it to rent one of those if I were staying more than one night.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We loved the Sunset Surf motel in Manzanita! We were right across the street from the beach, and within walking distance of many shops and cafes. The room was big, and had a full kitchen. I didn't know we'd have a kitchen, or I would have brought more from home, but as it is, it was nice to have. The sofa was full of sand(I don't know if my daughter brought it in, or if it was already there?), but everything else was great. A good basic room, good for our family, and convenient to the beach.

Room Tip: Get an upper floor room with a balcony!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family