“Perfect Hideaway by the Beach”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manzanita
Zen Garden Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 3 Manzanita B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 February 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful weekend at the Zen Garden B&B. This is the perfect place to get away from a busy life and unwind. The B&B was lovely - beautifully decorated and well equipped with everything you could possibly want. It was very comfortable and peaceful. We could even hear the waves. The B&B is located on a quiet street with the beach only a few houses away. You can walk down the beach to go to downtown Manzanita.

Our hostess was gracious and accommodating. A wonderful homemade breakfast, cooked to order with fresh ingredients, was delivered each morning.

We'll definitely be going back to this serene retreat.

Room Tip: We loved the Hiroshige Suite, a comfortable place to relax - with a bedroom, bathroom and a living r...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank clairesmi
Mrs S, Manager at Zen Garden Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2013

Dear Clairesmi,

Thank you for writing such a lovely review.

I am very happy that you enjoyed it here and and that we could provide the kind of vacation you were looking for.

It was very nice to meet you and I look forward to your return.

Reviewed 8 November 2012

Zen Garden B&B is located at the south end of Manzanita, OR, just steps from Manzanita's 7 mile long beach. It is peaceful and beautiful. Breakfasts are absolutely delicious and served on lovely china. So refined! The Hiroshige Suite is the perfect place to relax after an invigorating walk along the beach, or in Nehalem State Park. The suite has a large, comfortable living area attached, with a great selection of books and movies to enjoy. The hosts' hospitality make this our favorite place to stay along the Oregon Coast.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Mrs S, Manager at Zen Garden Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2013

Dear Patricia G,

Thank you for your kind review. It was very nice to see you both again.

We are very pleased that you like it here and that you enjoyed the china and the beach and park.

We wished you could have stayed longer and hope you will soon come back to stay here should you wish to return to the coast.

Mrs. Smigel.

Reviewed 12 October 2012

This is a nice place to stay, The location is good; you are not in the wilderness but you are away from the turmoil on the main street of Manzanita.

The Zen Room has pretty pictures and furnishings, very comfortable. The Bistro makes a sitting area and the view of the park from there is lovely. It is cosy for a glass of wine before dinner.

Breakfast was delicious but she does change the menu each day; I wished there were omelets every day, but we had them two days of three. We will certainly stay here again if we are back in the area.

Dear Jane R,

Thank you for your review. I wish I had known you would have liked omelets each day and I would have made them for you.

I found that usually, people like a change each day but I am happy to make whatever people would like if I know in advance.

We hope you willl return and if you do, please let me know what you would like when you fill the food preference section in your reservation form.

I cannot promise to make everything people ask for but I will do my best.

So happy you like the location and the Bistro; we like it also!

Mrs. S

Reviewed 2 October 2012

We had a wonderful two nights here; the bed was comfortable, the place was quiet and the food was very good. We went there because we saw the menu someone put on Tripadvisor and the shrimp omelets are worth going for alone. Mrs. Smigel, who seemed very pleasant to us, said the shrimps are wild from the Gulf of Mexio though; they are not local. She fries them in olive oil.

The weather was spectacular. It really is very close to the beach and we took fold up chairs (our own) and sat by a fire and watched the sun go down into the ocean. There was a lovely sunset.

We only left bcause they were full tonight and wish we had made our reservation earlier.

The Zen room is perfectly adequate; certainly not the smallest hotel room I have stayed in. The bathroom is very nice. For the price it is a good deal. Highly recommend this well maintained and private B&B.

Room Tip: The Zen Room is a bargain and so is the Hiroshige Suite if you can get it. Hiroshige might be quiet...

Dear Angela H,

Thank you for your enthusiastic review. We are very glad you liked the shrimp omelets.

We are very happy when people enjoy the sunsets from the beach at the end of the street. A fire makes it most romantic!

We enjoyed meeting you and were sorry to see you leave. We hope you will be able to return and stay here longer.

Mrs. S

Reviewed 26 September 2012

After making our reservation we began receiving the multiple e-mails, (7 in total), with rules, etc.
and started having trepidations about our stay.

What happened upon arrival was unbelievable.
We arrived at the allowed time, (4 p.m.) and Mrs. Smigel (who goes by Mrs. anything anymore?) demanded to know who we were and see our driver's license - no hello or other greeting.

She said we could look into our room, but couldn't step into it. We asked why and she then told us to leave. We stared at each other in disbelief and she then said for us to "get out" and "I don't like you".

Later, we realized how lucky we were to be kicked out! We are 69 & 63 years old and have never been kick out of a hotel. We ending up having an amazing stay at the Coast Cabins - more expensive, but well worth it!

Do not book this place. Do not reward her behavior, especially if it is high season and there may not be other lodging to escape to.

Room Tip: Doesn't sound like there are any good rooms. Looking into the Zen room, it was super small and r...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
10  Thank smnharris
Mistletoetree, Manager at Zen Garden Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2012

Dear smnharris,

I am sorry that you had this experience at Zen Garden Bed and Breakfast. However, I can not let guests into a room until they have provided me with picture identification and they have paid in full for their stay.

I am very glad that you found accommodation at Coast Cabins and that your vacation in Manzanita turned out well.

Mrs. Smigel.

Reviewed 21 September 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed in the Zen room for one night and had a wonderful stay. It's the perfect location and only a short stroll down to the beach. The room is on the smaller side but very clean and cozy. We enjoyed a delicious fresh breakfast in the bistro - with very punctual and friendly service from Ms. Smigel. The Zen garden is beautiful and if we were there for more than one night we would have definitely reserved the hot tub. Ms Smigel handles everything with quiet professional grace and provides plenty of space for her guests. We would definitely return! Thanks Ms S. !!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank brambledown
Mistletoetree, Manager at Zen Garden Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2012

Dear Brambledown,

Thank you for your lovely review. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay. Please come and stay again soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2012

My wife and I stayed here for the last two nights and it was perfect. Right next door to the State park which has a good bike / walking trail. Also 4 doors down from the beach. And about 1 mile into town with local dinning options.

There is also a wonderful sitting area in the backyard perfect for reading and relaxing.

Breakfast was perfect!

Location was Perfect!

If you plan to be out and about during the day in the area sightseeing and need a nice place to stay at night this place will more than do the trick.

We plan to return.

Kevin and Rebekah

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Mistletoetree, Manager at Zen Garden Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2012

Dear KevandbecfromMI,

Thank you very much for writing such a wonderful review.

I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you liked the food.

Please come back again soon.