“One classy place”
Review of Coast Condos

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manzanita
Coast Condos
Alberta
“One classy place”
Reviewed 25 May 2012

We had hoped to stay in the Cabins, by the same owners, for 3 nights but because they were full on our first night we stayed in condo #6. We loved it.

The condo is a great size. It has beautiful furniture and accents, and tons of natural light. I've noticed a reviewer who was upset because of a misunderstanding about a cleaning schedule, but we felt that everything had been well explained to us in advance. You get a sense that the owners have thought of everything. We had as much fun trying to figure out the economics behind running such a high quality place and keeping it in such good condition as we did enjoying the place itself.

We were there in May, and it was a very quiet time. I can see the area getting pretty loud in the high season, so consider that carefully. The location for these condos is perfect. It's right in the thick of little Manzanita.

If we were going back, and I hope we do, it would be a hard choice between their condos and their cabins. The condo is so spacious and comfortable, but the cabins have a great feel to them too.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Zipnugget

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reviewed 31 January 2012

We stayed in Condo #7 for two nights. Overall we had a good time during our stay; however, we had some definite disappointments with our accommodations. After seeing one of the cabins we definitely recommend the cabins over the condos. .
Pros:
Cleanliness: Our condo was spotless.
Comfort: Comfortable king size bed and lots of comfortable furniture to sit on..
Light: The unit has lots of windows and light.
Kitchen: Well-appointed kitchen with quality appliances, utensils and dishes.
Location: We enjoyed being in in Downtown Manzanita, a short walk to the beach, restaurants, shops and grocery stores. Don’t expect a rustic cabin on the beach. This definitely has an urban feel, which we liked, even though it is not typically what we look for when staying at the coast.
Cons:
Climate: The condo is heated through the floors. A sign tells you not to expect a quick response when you adjust the thermostat. I’ll say. When we walked in at 4:00 pm the place was 84 degrees. I am not sure why they set the thermostat so high. Are there really guests that like it this warm? It felt like a sauna. We immediately turned down the heat to a more comfortable 68. Even with windows open it was too warm for comfortable sleeping. I rated the sleep quality only two starts despite the comfortable bed because it was too hot to sleep. By morning with all the windows open it was still 74 degrees in the unit. Later in the day we noticed it had cycled back to 84 again. It must be preset to this temperature. We repeatedly turned it down but it kept going back up. We never did get it adjusted right.
Wifi: Neither my wife or I were able to get on-line with our laptops. It was not a password problem. We had a connection, but neither of us could connect to the server. We called in the morning to ask about this, and were told to our amazement that there was nothing they could do. I asked if someone could come over and turn the router on and off to see if this would help. The woman I spoke with said she didn’t know where it was, but she could come by later in the day to see if she could find it. She promised to call back to set up a time, but never did. In my opinion, saying there is internet access is not the same as actually providing internet access.
Housekeeping: They claim in their literature that they provide daily housekeeping. I am not sure what happened but there was no housekeeping service during our stay. Apparently, the condos don't come with housekeeping service, only the cabins. This should have been explained up front. I don’t mind making my own bed and cleaning up for myself, and I certainly don’t need new sheets and towels for a two night stay, however, if they promise to “freshen up” your unit, they should follow through, especially with what they are charging.
Locked Doors: The condo's main hallway had five locked doors. This gives the unit a cold, unwelcoming vibe when you walk in. When I asked out of curiosity about this I was told that behind two of the doors were another bedroom and bath. Since we had only rented it as a one bedroom unit their policy is to close off the other rooms since we hadn’t paid for them. To me this seems a bit cheap and tacky for a higher end rental. Would it kill them to have given us access to the whole space? After all we did pay a $75 non refundable cleaning fee. I never did find out what lay behind the other doors.
Price: I understand prices are set by what the market will bear. However, my feeling is these units are overpriced, and our expectations would perhaps not been so high had we been paying a more moderate fee.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David N
CoastCabinsManzanita, Manager at Coast Condos, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
Dear David N,

Thank you for your feedback about your experience in our vacation rental condos. Sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay. Let me try to address your points.

The mechanical issues you raise in your review in terms of heat were looked into and no problems could be detected. Had you mentioned this during your stay we would have happily moved you to another unit even though the unit was likely so warm due to operator error. Just about every window in the condo opens, opening a couple would have cooled you down very quickly in January. The Wifi was also operational when checked after your departure.

Housekeeping- we do not provide daily housekeeping at the vacation rental condos as they are private vacation rental homes. We make no claims on any of our literature to the contrary. We do supply enough linens and amenities to last throughout your stay. Housekeeping service is available for the condos during your stay for a very nominal fee.

Regarding the locked doors- this unit has an owners closet, a mechanical (water heater) room and a supply closet which were locked during your stay.

Price- Free is overpriced? You could have mentioned that your stay was free - A courtesy for a cancellation you made beyond the cancellation deadline during summer- due to a last minute emergency. The unit went vacant for the night you cancelled. You cancelled one night as a two bedroom during summer and were given two nights as a one bedroom to use in the fall or winter.

I do not concur with your opinion about the price of these units. I travel frequently, know what is out there and recognize value when I see it. These units are modestly priced for the level of quality, amenity, comfort & location. They provide an exceptional value when compared to what is available in the immediate and distant vacation rental marketplace.

Thanks again for your feedback!

Pawel - Manager & Proprietor.
Reviewed 2 August 2011

We were having trouble finding a place with a kitchen that was also nice and where we could just park the car and walk for the weekend. Coast Condos exceeded all those expectations. We continually marveled at the wonderful details in craftmanship and couldn't believe this was a rental. The weather wasn't so great so this turned out to be a fabulous place to retreat when the rain fell. The kitchen was so spectacular that we ended going to the fish market and cooking all of our meals at the condo. We used the patio barbecue on two nights. The towells were plush, the bed comfortable, and I loved that we could walk out the door and be in the center of town, yet two blocks from the beach. And lest I forget, the wonderful hospitality: We were offered wine at check in and coffee at check out. This is one of the best experiences I've ever had at a place and well worth the price.

Room Tip: We were in Condo 7. Check out the pictures on the web site to determine which best suits you.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 June 2011

In April we stayed at Coast Cabins (Cabin #1) and loved it. Last weekend we stayed in Condo #7 and it was fantastic. Even more convenient than the cabins, the condos are two blocks from beautiful manzanita beach and in the same building as Fit Manzanita (the gym, which you have access to as a guest of the condos) and Spa Manzanita (great facials and massages!). The Condos are on the second floor, open floor plan with tons of windows and light, full gormet kitchen, BBQ, beautifully decorated. Wine at the fire pit on check in, Rejuvination towels and bathrobes, whole bean coffee and bath products are just some of the perks. Definitely a great place to stay.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KerryS01
Eagle Creek, Oregon
Reviewed 17 June 2011

Went for a relaxing weekend, the hosts Pawel and Gary gave us lots of great ideas for food, fun and beverage. Condo was - Beyond your every expectation! Everything you need from the amazing kitchen, to cozy beach towels. We will be back for sure!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Tami15J
Bremerton, WA
Reviewed 22 September 2010

We've stayed here twice - two nights each time over the last couple of years. Both times in Condo 6.

This is a good value. The place is very nicely furnished and has a great kitchen - a huge plus for me since I prefer to cook gourmet food rather than go out.

There's small Weber gas grill on the deck as well.

Speaking of the deck - it's really small. There is not much of a view. It's about, I don't know, maybe 400 yards to the beach. We don't really care, because we always go there off season just to get away.

There is a 42" high def TV with BluRay in the living room area and a big wrap around couch. In the bedroom there's another TV with a DVD.

Funny story: We were relaxing mid-morning, reading books and all of sudden there was this loud siren going off. Sounded like an air raid! No - worse - tsunami warning!!! This was our first stay there - just a few months after the terrible Asian tsunami wiped out the Thai coast. We scrambled to get our stuff and head for high ground. Then I looked out the window - no one was scrambling anywhere. It was a test. No one bothered to tell us they test the siren every Tuesday...

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manzanita
Coast Cabins
#1 of 4 in Manzanita
Surfside Resort
Surfside Resort
#1 of 8 in Rockaway Beach

Been to Coast Condos? Share your experiences!