Coast Condos
The Inn at Manzanita(Manzanita)(Great Value!)
US$200
Sunset Surf Motel(Manzanita)(Great Value!)
US$108
Arch Cape Inn & Retreat(Arch Cape)(Great Value!)
US$255
Surfside Resort(Rockaway Beach)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$88
Tradewinds Motel(Rockaway Beach)(Great Value!)
US$130
Sea Haven Motel(Rockaway Beach)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$91
Silver Sands Oceanfront Motel(Rockaway Beach)(Great Value!)
US$122
Coast Cabins(Manzanita)
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Coast condos are perfectly located in the charming seaside town of Manzanita Oregon which has a wonderful beach and is a short distance from spectacular hiking. The condos sit on top of a spa, gym, and pet accesory store. Head out the front of the complex and you are staring at the main pub in town, go to the left two blocks and you have the ocean, head right and you hit the grocery stores and other small boutiques. The area can get lively on summer weekend evenings.

The condos themselves are very clean, modern, and tastefully and creatively decorated. Most suprising was the well stocked kitchen -- you could cater a large event and have every possible tool you needed at your disposal. The high ceilings make an already larger space feel even larger and the apartment is well lit.

The only draw back is the heating. Like some of the other reviewers have mentioned the heat works through the floor and we couldn't figure out how to turn it down and/or off. The dial on the heating was very confusing and didn't seem to respond. It wasn't a big deal, we just opened the windows, but if you had valueables in the condo, you might not want to leave windows open.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HSC0306
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Stayed in Condo #9 this weekend, and we tried to figure out how long it would take before they figured out that we'd moved in permanently! What a beautiful place; clean, fresh, and everything in it is so well designed and thought out, from the lighting, to appliances, to finishes and furnishings. Big windows let lots of natural light in, and help the spacious and light feel. The bed is super comfortable. If "location" is everything, this place nails that. Loved having wifi available, and same for the work-out facility with it's high-end equipment downstairs, included in the rate. Complete audio-visual, with a good selection of videos in the credenza drawer. One thing that may irritate some guests is that the Sand Dune bar is across the street from the front of the building (this condo is in the back) and the weekend bands and/or departing patrons can be loud in the late evening hours, particularly if any windows or doors are open in the condo.

Room Tip: Condo 9 is larger and in the back of the building. While it is priced a bit higher than the two condos in the front of the building on Laneda Street, we preferred it because of the layout of the space, the furnishings, and the quieter location.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BobLakeOswego_OR
Reviewed 18 June 2012

At the spur of the moment, we decided to spend a couple of nights on the Oregon coast and Manzanita is one of our favorite beach destinations within 2 hours of Portland, Oregon.

We spent two nights in condo #7 and very much enjoyed our stay. The condo is only two blocks from the ocean and wonderfully appointed. Lots of natural light, great accents, and comfortable yet stylish furniture. There was three of us (my husband, myself, and our 9 year old daughter) so we opted for the two bedrooms.

Another reviewer mentioned the heated floors and the condo being too hot during their stay. We noticed that the condo was a little warm when we arrived but this was easily fixed by turning off the floor heat. Floor heat is fantastic if you like to walk around barefoot. :)

I should mention that I am picky (clean and stylish is high on my 'must have' list) but realistic (I do not require daily housekeeping) when it comes to lodging. I've traveled a lot through the years for business and pleasure and I know what I like. The Coast Condos was perfect in every way.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Anne C
Reviewed 25 May 2012

We had hoped to stay in the Cabins, by the same owners, for 3 nights but because they were full on our first night we stayed in condo #6. We loved it.

The condo is a great size. It has beautiful furniture and accents, and tons of natural light. I've noticed a reviewer who was upset because of a misunderstanding about a cleaning schedule, but we felt that everything had been well explained to us in advance. You get a sense that the owners have thought of everything. We had as much fun trying to figure out the economics behind running such a high quality place and keeping it in such good condition as we did enjoying the place itself.

We were there in May, and it was a very quiet time. I can see the area getting pretty loud in the high season, so consider that carefully. The location for these condos is perfect. It's right in the thick of little Manzanita.

If we were going back, and I hope we do, it would be a hard choice between their condos and their cabins. The condo is so spacious and comfortable, but the cabins have a great feel to them too.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Zipnugget
Reviewed 31 January 2012

We stayed in Condo #7 for two nights. Overall we had a good time during our stay; however, we had some definite disappointments with our accommodations. After seeing one of the cabins we definitely recommend the cabins over the condos. .
Pros:
Cleanliness: Our condo was spotless.
Comfort: Comfortable king size bed and lots of comfortable furniture to sit on..
Light: The unit has lots of windows and light.
Kitchen: Well-appointed kitchen with quality appliances, utensils and dishes.
Location: We enjoyed being in in Downtown Manzanita, a short walk to the beach, restaurants, shops and grocery stores. Don’t expect a rustic cabin on the beach. This definitely has an urban feel, which we liked, even though it is not typically what we look for when staying at the coast.
Cons:
Climate: The condo is heated through the floors. A sign tells you not to expect a quick response when you adjust the thermostat. I’ll say. When we walked in at 4:00 pm the place was 84 degrees. I am not sure why they set the thermostat so high. Are there really guests that like it this warm? It felt like a sauna. We immediately turned down the heat to a more comfortable 68. Even with windows open it was too warm for comfortable sleeping. I rated the sleep quality only two starts despite the comfortable bed because it was too hot to sleep. By morning with all the windows open it was still 74 degrees in the unit. Later in the day we noticed it had cycled back to 84 again. It must be preset to this temperature. We repeatedly turned it down but it kept going back up. We never did get it adjusted right.
Wifi: Neither my wife or I were able to get on-line with our laptops. It was not a password problem. We had a connection, but neither of us could connect to the server. We called in the morning to ask about this, and were told to our amazement that there was nothing they could do. I asked if someone could come over and turn the router on and off to see if this would help. The woman I spoke with said she didn’t know where it was, but she could come by later in the day to see if she could find it. She promised to call back to set up a time, but never did. In my opinion, saying there is internet access is not the same as actually providing internet access.
Housekeeping: They claim in their literature that they provide daily housekeeping. I am not sure what happened but there was no housekeeping service during our stay. Apparently, the condos don't come with housekeeping service, only the cabins. This should have been explained up front. I don’t mind making my own bed and cleaning up for myself, and I certainly don’t need new sheets and towels for a two night stay, however, if they promise to “freshen up” your unit, they should follow through, especially with what they are charging.
Locked Doors: The condo's main hallway had five locked doors. This gives the unit a cold, unwelcoming vibe when you walk in. When I asked out of curiosity about this I was told that behind two of the doors were another bedroom and bath. Since we had only rented it as a one bedroom unit their policy is to close off the other rooms since we hadn’t paid for them. To me this seems a bit cheap and tacky for a higher end rental. Would it kill them to have given us access to the whole space? After all we did pay a $75 non refundable cleaning fee. I never did find out what lay behind the other doors.
Price: I understand prices are set by what the market will bear. However, my feeling is these units are overpriced, and our expectations would perhaps not been so high had we been paying a more moderate fee.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David N
CoastCabinsManzanita, Manager at Coast Condos, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2012

Dear David N,

Thank you for your feedback about your experience in our vacation rental condos. Sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay. Let me try to address your points.

The mechanical issues you raise in your review in terms of heat were looked into and no problems could be detected. Had you mentioned this during your stay we would have happily moved you to another unit even though the unit was likely so warm due to operator error. Just about every window in the condo opens, opening a couple would have cooled you down very quickly in January. The Wifi was also operational when checked after your departure.

Housekeeping- we do not provide daily housekeeping at the vacation rental condos as they are private vacation rental homes. We make no claims on any of our literature to the contrary. We do supply enough linens and amenities to last throughout your stay. Housekeeping service is available for the condos during your stay for a very nominal fee.

Regarding the locked doors- this unit has an owners closet, a mechanical (water heater) room and a supply closet which were locked during your stay.

Price- Free is overpriced? You could have mentioned that your stay was free - A courtesy for a cancellation you made beyond the cancellation deadline during summer- due to a last minute emergency. The unit went vacant for the night you cancelled. You cancelled one night as a two bedroom during summer and were given two nights as a one bedroom to use in the fall or winter.

I do not concur with your opinion about the price of these units. I travel frequently, know what is out there and recognize value when I see it. These units are modestly priced for the level of quality, amenity, comfort & location. They provide an exceptional value when compared to what is available in the immediate and distant vacation rental marketplace.

Thanks again for your feedback!

Pawel - Manager & Proprietor.