“I had given up on Oregon Coast accomadations...”
Review of Coast Condos

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manzanita
Coast Condos
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I had given up on vacationing at the Oregon Coast. Was tired of musty smelling dwellings decorated with sand dollar paintings. I'm so glad that I stumbled across this place. I stayed in Condo #7 for two nights and was incredibly happy with my experience. The furnishings are top notch. Location can't be beat. I told them that I was bringing my bulldog and when we got there they not only had doggy bowls and bed, but also doggy towels and sheets. Front room was spacious and had great natural light. I really appreciated all the little things. Spare umbrellas, flash lights etc. My wife and I now have a go-to place on the Oregon Coast. Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Condo #7 was smaller than some of the other units, but you wouldn't know it.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 October 2012

We had an OK time but there were a few issues. I'm not sure we will be back; there are a lot of other options. We've stayed @ Coast Cabins either 3 or 4 times - always Condo 6 - since 2005 or so. We make 1 to 2 weekend or mid-week off-season trips to the coast per year to relax & unwind.

This is the first weekend stay for us @ Manzanita. We usually take advantage of the less expensive mid-week rates. In the past we really liked the peace and quiet. The weekend - at least this weekend - was the opposite of peace and quiet. There was quite a bit of street traffic - cars and pedestrians - on Laneda Ave. The weather was fantastic and it was a holiday (Columbus Day) weekend - so increased traffic would be reasonable.

The really bad part was the bar across the street. On Friday night there were a number of patrons outside on the street making quite a racket. Sounded like they were having fun. On Saturday night... Oh my. They had a live band who fancied themselves the 2nd incarnation of Led Zeppelin. They went at it at full volume until 11:30 or so. It was unbelievably loud even with all the windows closed.

Other than that - we noticed the following. Individually, none of these was a big deal really. It just seemed kind of cumulative.

The patio furniture - table and chairs - next to the grille. It might have been nice to use them but they are badly rusted to the point of being non-functional. I would be afraid of getting cut on the rusty metal. These should be replaced or removed.

The door to the other patio doesn't lock - its frozen. Probably salt corrosion. Might just need some oil. Not a big deal - didn't seem like anyone would crawl in via the deck.

The fireplace didn't work. The wall control appears to function but it doesn't light the fire. Not a problem because it was really warm most of the time. Of course, to cool off the place means leaving windows open - which means more noise.

Coffee grinder doesn't work.

Some of the walls could use a cleaning or better yet a quick coat of paint.

The grille is very nice - so nice I bought a Weber after using yours the last time we stayed. However, the grate was pretty filthy (normal) and I could not find a grille brush anywhere.
Some of the pans could be replaced - worn / peeling Teflon. Not a big deal because I brought my favorite pan with me. Love the kitchen overall.

The most annoying issue (aside from the "Led Zeppelin" concert) was there was no hot water on our first night there. Not a drip, drop, or ounce. We noticed this around 7pm when we tried to pour a bath. The water was cold, no matter how long we let it run. We checked again later in the evening and there was no change - still cold. I left a message with the office that night. We hadn't run the dishwasher or used any hot water since we arrived around 4pm or so; it's not like we used it up.

The next morning we checked and had all of the hot water we could want, and had no further issues during our stay. I really have no idea why there was no hot water the first night, and the person I spoke to the next day said no repairs had been made. I'm really glad it was resolved by Saturday morning, but it wasn't a good relaxing feeling Friday night knowing we had a problem to deal with.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brent223
CoastCabinsManzanita, Manager at Coast Condos, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2013

Dear Brent 223,

Thank you for taking the time to thoroughly critique your weekend stay with us last October. We do appreciate your feedback, but wish you had expressed your suggestions and requests during your stay. Nevertheless, please accept our apologies that the stay did not exceed expectations. The Sand Dune Pub does occasionally play live music on weekends that can go well into the night. We do disclose this everywhere applicable to the marketing and booking of this vacation rental property. As a return guest to this particular home, we would think that you would be aware of it's location and the proximity to the local pub. The location appeals to those who wish to be in the heart of the village, but is certainly not ideal for all. As managers of this vacation rental home, we make no apologies for the occasional live music at the pub. It can be lively, guests will either love it or hate it, depending on who you ask. The Sand Dune Pub has been there for over a hundred years whereas these condo homes are relatively new.

Secondly, the hot water. We did attempt to contact you after getting your after hours message. We assumed you were enjoying yourself as we did not hear back. We are not sure why there was no hot water for you- the system is interlinked with the radiant in-floor heat and checked out fine after your departure. You mention that the unit was very warm, so it is possible that if the heat was turned up very high, the hot water supply could have been temporarily affected as the system uses the hot water to heat the floors. We would have unquestionably found you an alternate accommodation if the home you were in had no hot water. We're happy to hear that you did, eventually, have all the hot water you wanted.

Third, the rusted chairs. Yes, they were slightly rusted and have since been removed. Outdoor furniture deteriorates quickly at the coast so note to the owner- no metal patio furniture!

Last, everything else that was wrong. We wish that you had contacted us with your complaints during your stay. Had you let us know that you could not find a grill brush, needed a new coffee grinder, that the fireplace pilot went out and that housekeeping perhaps missed the walls, these items would have been immediately resolved. We would have happily demonstrated how to lock the three-point system patio doors - which operate beautifully. Our staff takes great pleasure in being available to our guests without being intrusive. If you cannot find something you think should be there or if something breaks during your stay or you don't quite know how something works or the off chance that housekeeping has missed something, calling the front desk will fix the problem and usually right then. That is what we are there for and it is our pleasure to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Online reviews after the fact cannot go back in time and bring you a grill brush...

You are correct Brent 223, there are a lot of other options for coastal accommodations out there and after you give them a go, we do hope that you will return and try us once again.

Until next time,

Pawel, Gary, & Staff
Your hosts

Reviewed 27 September 2012

We stayed in Condo #6 (faces the street and the pub) on Monday through Wednesday. Noise was minimal and after 10 pm, mostly quiet. I checked the pub's website before booking to make sure no bands were booked for the time we were there. Everything about this place is really high quality -- from the wool carpet in the bedrooms and the Bosch dishwasher to the clear cedar trim and wood windows. Very tastefully decorated and super clean. Beds -- wow, comfy, comfy. We loved the extra space of two bedrooms and large great room. Wifi was irritatingly slow. But maybe that was a good thing. We should be on the beach -- not checking email. The gas fireplace didn't work on our arrival, but the host came promptly and made it right with a simple fix. We felt very at home here and could envision a longer stay.

Room Tip: Check the across-the-street pub's website to see if there are any bands booked for the nights of...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Coast condos are perfectly located in the charming seaside town of Manzanita Oregon which has a wonderful beach and is a short distance from spectacular hiking. The condos sit on top of a spa, gym, and pet accesory store. Head out the front of the complex and you are staring at the main pub in town, go to the left two blocks and you have the ocean, head right and you hit the grocery stores and other small boutiques. The area can get lively on summer weekend evenings.

The condos themselves are very clean, modern, and tastefully and creatively decorated. Most suprising was the well stocked kitchen -- you could cater a large event and have every possible tool you needed at your disposal. The high ceilings make an already larger space feel even larger and the apartment is well lit.

The only draw back is the heating. Like some of the other reviewers have mentioned the heat works through the floor and we couldn't figure out how to turn it down and/or off. The dial on the heating was very confusing and didn't seem to respond. It wasn't a big deal, we just opened the windows, but if you had valueables in the condo, you might not want to leave windows open.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HSC0306
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Stayed in Condo #9 this weekend, and we tried to figure out how long it would take before they figured out that we'd moved in permanently! What a beautiful place; clean, fresh, and everything in it is so well designed and thought out, from the lighting, to appliances, to finishes and furnishings. Big windows let lots of natural light in, and help the spacious and light feel. The bed is super comfortable. If "location" is everything, this place nails that. Loved having wifi available, and same for the work-out facility with it's high-end equipment downstairs, included in the rate. Complete audio-visual, with a good selection of videos in the credenza drawer. One thing that may irritate some guests is that the Sand Dune bar is across the street from the front of the building (this condo is in the back) and the weekend bands and/or departing patrons can be loud in the late evening hours, particularly if any windows or doors are open in the condo.

Room Tip: Condo 9 is larger and in the back of the building. While it is priced a bit higher than the two cond...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BobLakeOswego_OR
Reviewed 18 June 2012

At the spur of the moment, we decided to spend a couple of nights on the Oregon coast and Manzanita is one of our favorite beach destinations within 2 hours of Portland, Oregon.

We spent two nights in condo #7 and very much enjoyed our stay. The condo is only two blocks from the ocean and wonderfully appointed. Lots of natural light, great accents, and comfortable yet stylish furniture. There was three of us (my husband, myself, and our 9 year old daughter) so we opted for the two bedrooms.

Another reviewer mentioned the heated floors and the condo being too hot during their stay. We noticed that the condo was a little warm when we arrived but this was easily fixed by turning off the floor heat. Floor heat is fantastic if you like to walk around barefoot. :)

I should mention that I am picky (clean and stylish is high on my 'must have' list) but realistic (I do not require daily housekeeping) when it comes to lodging. I've traveled a lot through the years for business and pleasure and I know what I like. The Coast Condos was perfect in every way.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Anne C
Reviewed 25 May 2012

We had hoped to stay in the Cabins, by the same owners, for 3 nights but because they were full on our first night we stayed in condo #6. We loved it.

The condo is a great size. It has beautiful furniture and accents, and tons of natural light. I've noticed a reviewer who was upset because of a misunderstanding about a cleaning schedule, but we felt that everything had been well explained to us in advance. You get a sense that the owners have thought of everything. We had as much fun trying to figure out the economics behind running such a high quality place and keeping it in such good condition as we did enjoying the place itself.

We were there in May, and it was a very quiet time. I can see the area getting pretty loud in the high season, so consider that carefully. The location for these condos is perfect. It's right in the thick of little Manzanita.

If we were going back, and I hope we do, it would be a hard choice between their condos and their cabins. The condo is so spacious and comfortable, but the cabins have a great feel to them too.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple