“Lunch Review”
Review of Neahkahnie Bistro

Neahkahnie Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Neahkahnie Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 25 Restaurants in Manzanita
Price range: US$15 - US$38
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Neah-Kah-Nie Bistro is known for it's intimate dining experience as well as personalized customer service in our cozy 1910 remodeled house with six intimate tables and small cocktail counter. Each evening our menu features daily specials including seafood, steaks, locally sourced foods and more with your choice of al carte starters, soups, salads and daily desert specials. We focus on a delicious northwest style cuisine combined with a twist of gourmet comfort food. Daily we also feature fresh made Clam Chowder as well as Oyster Stew. In addition to our menu we strive to use fresh organic vegetables in our menu. We invite you to come in and enjoy a nice relaxing, cozy dinner with us. We hope as you leave you will no longer be our guest but instead our friend. For any party of 6 or more please contact us at least 24 hours before and set a reservation as reservations are required for booking our large dining table.
Manzanita, Oregon
“Lunch Review”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I've only eaten at Neahakahnie Bistro for lunch but do plan to try a dinner there. On one occasion I was part of a party of seven having lunch off the menu during the summer season. It is a small eatery, we were fortunate to secure the large table after a short wait. We were happy with our service. I had the Reuben, NB serves this as a wrap but they were happy to serve it as a sandwich with no extra charge. A variety of meals were ordered ranging from burgers to soup to salad and all seemed to be happy with their meal.
Someone mentioned a small menu? There are two soups, 4 appetizers, six sandwiches, 2 or 3 salads 3 or 4 burger options plus, today, 3 specials. Small menu? It's a small eatery, only six or seven tables inside and I think four tables outside. I much prefer a small menu done well then a large one that is of uneven quality.
I was at NB on my own today. I was thinking of cod fish & chips but the server mentioned a prawn basket special. Without asking they offered to do half and half. A nice gesture. The fish and prawns were panko coated, you could actually taste the fish and prawns. Chips were fine as well. However no cole slaw was included, I think this is a menu flaw and I downgrade for that. IMO slaw should always be included with F&C's, add a buck to the price if needs be.
I recommend the Neahkahnie Bistro for lunch and look forward to trying a dinner soon. It is a small eatery with a small kitchen so if they are busy expect to wait. If your in a hurry ASK the server how long for a meal. Otherwise have another glass of good wine, converse with your table partner and enjoy.

• Visited October 2013

Portland, Oregon
“Cash Only”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

The menu is incredibly limited. We sat down and waited for some time to have a server come by. At that point, she let us know they were cash only. We never tasted the food...just make sure you take cash if you go.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Teresa S
Kenosha, WI
“Twisted Cuisine”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I had the salmon with sliced pears and blue cheese. It was great and different. My wife had the fried oysters with saffron rice. Service was the only category that was lacking.

• Visited September 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Wonderful Upgrade from Manzanita Seafood”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

It is not surprising that Manzanita Seafood closed. Apparently others shared our experience. The good news is that Neahkahnie Bistro has replaced them and offers some of the best food in town.

This is a small restaurant and the ingredients and preparation are first rate. It is not cheap and it is not fast food. This is a place to eat when you have some time and want to talk about and savor your food. It is family owned and operated and the staff is well-trained. You can modify just about anything on the menu and talk directly to the chef.

It was fairly new and not crowded when we went. The restaurant and kitchen are appropriately sized and I would not expect them to ever get overwhelmed. The do order fresh and local and can run out of a dish by the end of the evening. That was not our experience, but I could see it happening as some of their dishes require a lot of prep time ahead of being ordered.

I plan to go again on a future visit to Manzanita. It is a nice upscale change at the beach.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank MarkN7453
Portland, Oregon
“Great service and wonderful food.”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We stopped for lunch and enjoyed homemade mac & cheese and a delicious sandwich. Adding their freshly brewed iced tea...we only wished we had more time to go back for dinner. Their dinner menu looked great.

Visited August 2013