“Great food!”

Ranked #2 of 26 Restaurants in Manzanita
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Big Wave Café is a casual theme dock and farm to table restaurant open daily for lunch and dinner.
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Wonderful find in Manzanita! Fish and chips were delicious! Clam chowder was also but it was lukewarm!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I've been to the Big Wave twice and have had good meals both times. Their menu should cover everyone's tastes and the service was good. Price is reasonable. I would recommend Big Wave to most people.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stopped into Big Wave Cafe for lunch on a Sunday. It was constantly crowded/busy but we ended up waiting for our food longer than we expected. The food itself was really good. My Hot Club Sandwich was the right amount of spicy but flavorful. My daughter's BLT was very substantial with a lot of bacon. Overall the food was really good if you don't ming waiting.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

They were about 90% full when we arrived -but it wasn't crazy busy. I ordered the oatmeal, which comes with raisins and brown sugar. I wanted some nuts and our waiter said, "I'll have to charge you for them." I said fine and made the mistake of not asking how much. I got a condiment cup (think shot glass size) full of walnuts. But, the kicker is we were charged a whopping $2.00 for them....that's too much for a shot glass of walnuts. But, the real problem with this visit was, we had to wait about 40 minutes to get our food. There were only 3 of us - my husband and his brother ordered the standard 2-egg breakfast (I don't recall the name), and as I mentioned above I ordered oatmeal. We did not order anything wacky-no "high-maintenance" additions/special requests. 40 minutes later we get our food and then our waiter brings food for another table of 3 seated about 15 minutes after us. When I asked the waiter why it took so long he said, "I don't know what happened..." half smiling and walking away. Since we were trying to get on the road to get home, after we were almost done I told him we were ready for our ticket. So he promptly goes over near the register and proceeds to talk on the phone for another 10 minutes. ...I'm not sure what was wrong with this guy but he ruined our experience. We have stopped there before and had a normal experience...this time not so much....to top it off there's some big guy from Chicago yelling at you as you leave, "HAVE A GREAT DAY!" ....weird experience

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I ride to Manzanita several times a year on motorcycle trips from the Seattle area with one or more friends. We always eat at the Big Wave Cafe. The food is excellent, and Brian, Carol, Sam, and PJ always make us feel very welcome. I am very much looking forward to my next visit.