“Best restaurant in Manzanita”
Review of Terra Cotta Cafe - CLOSED

Terra Cotta Cafe
Price range: US$9 - US$28
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Portland, Oregon
“Best restaurant in Manzanita”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

This is the best restaurant in Manzanita and possibly even the best of the coast. Small, family-run, cozy little place in a house-like building. We recognize the same staff over the years. Had the best salmon of our lives here - parchment-baked salmon with apples and bleu cheese, WOW! Interesting combination but amazingly delicious. We look forward to eating here every time we're in town.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank mwieser

Park City, Utah
“Wonderful Find!”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I was staying in Manzanitza just before the start of the "summer season". My friends and I hoped to go out to a really nice dinner at least one night. We were so happy Cafe Terra Cotta was open! The soup selections were delicious, I had the roasted tomato bisque and our entrees were excellent. I had a shrimp kebob, my friends had an incredible pork chop with curried apples, and crusted halibut. All perfectly done. Desert was great too. We debated about who was going to roll the other two down the street and home.

Helena, Montana
“Quality experience”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

For our last evening of vacation on the Oregon Coast my daughter and I were hoping for a quality last dinner. We were not disappointed by our experience at Terra Cotta Cafe. From the moment we walked in and were warmly greeted and seated, we were impressed with the cheerful service. The host, Harvey was a delight and he brought us fresh out of the oven bread sticks which we gobbled up and had to have seconds. The food, lamb chops and parchment wrapped halibut were exquisite in flavor and perfect portion size. We had a bottle of Oregon Pino Noir which was only $20.00 and tasted top shelf. The ambiance was top quality also. Linen tablecloths and napkins and sparkling dishes added to the great experience. We were pleasantly surprised by the prices too. Can't say enough good about this place. It is my new favorite place to eat in Manzanita.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,778 helpful votes
“A Perfect Ten!”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This past Saturday night after a drive down to Cape Meares, we stopped by Terra Cotta Cafe for dinner. I had been wanting to dine here for several years and finally got the opportunity to try this quaint little cafe in a beautiful area. Inside is absolutely charming with terra cotta tablecloths, napkins and walls. Colorful dishes are used and the prices here are very reasonable for a resort area.

One thing I really appreciated at this restaurant is the personal service you receive. Harvey came to the table and explained the menu items in detail, making everything sounds delicious! Salads are included with your entree or a choice of homemade soups also. I decided on the Salmon in Parchment Paper for my entree which was awesome. Baked with apples and Brie cheese, the salmon was moist and very flavorful. The salad is prepared tableside and you have your choice of several items to choose from.

The glass of Pinot Noir I ordered was perfect and the corkage fee is only ten dollars here. The dessert platter is brought to your table and everything looked so good. I chose a small Coconut Pudding, this is a great concept I would like to see more restaurants use. My husband opted for a larger dessert, the Peanut Butter Chocolate pie.

This restaurant has everything going for it! I enjoyed chatting with the chef after dinner about some cookbooks that were for sale. We can't wait to return to Terra Cotta Cafe! :)

Wilsonville, Oregon
“Incredible food, atmosphere, and attentive service”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

My husband said on a scale of 1 to 10, he gave his chicken breast (topped with parmesan and mozzarella, in his case served with rice) a solid 12, the best he had ever tasted. The linguine with clams was excellent, the special appetizer (Dungeness crab-stuffed mushrooms) was out of this world; even the house salad was so special (the romaine lettuce comes plain--with your choice of dressing served separately--and an array of toppings is provided, which the server (Kyle, in our case, who was just lovely and wonderful) adds to the salad according to your wishes. We enjoyed the Pinot Gris, and we were sure the desserts would have been great, but we were too full (although we have had pies from Sisters and Pete's next door, which evidently provides the pies, so we knew they would have been delicious too). Everything was incredibly delicious, and we will definitely be back, and will bring friends and family! Harvey was a gracious host, and Sandy, the chef, is immensely talented. Unpretentious and astounding! Do make a reservation first, as the restaurant is small, and everything is cooked to order.