“GREAT PLACE FOR FAMILY STAY,BUT BE AWARE”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in McKenzie Bridge
Belknap Hot Springs Lodge and Gardens
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in McKenzie Bridge
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This is by far one of the best rv locations in org. It has something for everyone,two hot pools one by the river and one in upper campground. water is around 104 deg, best time is early morning when their are not guest their. everything is expensive here, except the rv sites and their are plenty to choose from. lower levels are right by the river, so you hear the roaring all day and night. the upper campgrounds are quiet, and spacious, but be aware there is some theft going on. we had an rv site as well as a room in the lodge. we left a pair of nike sneakers outside the rv door, and they were gone when we got back.as far as the nasty lady at the front desk.no doubt about that. she is one piece of work, clearly she is one of the owners, claims to be the manager, dislikes all trip advisor people,thinks it is a scam,she also runs the outside cafe and keeps raking in the monies. do not expect any discounts from her, or anything civil, she is just an older canky woman, that has no understanding of customer service or proper etiquette. the breakfast their is complementary if your staying at lodge and is best off to be missed, one of the worst cheapest breakfast one can imagine. they make it for 7:45-8:45am, so nobody will be there to save small amounts of monies.the rooms in the lodge are overpriced, the furniture is from 40 years ago, bathrooms need repaired,they even have a chg for leaving dishes in sink of $20. beds are lumpy and the blankets clearly have not been washed for awhile, I will leave it to you to think about what else is crawling around.dvd rentals are $3-4 per day, and the tv's in the rooms were from the 70's.otherwise, great location, trails were fun, best to rent a cabin on site for bigger families and a few rv sites. do not get sold on camp yale- there are some pleasant staff members, notably george at the front desk. the rest are like the crankster.

Room Tip: facing the river in the lodge,or opt for a cabin
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank srimanone

Reviewed 6 August 2014

This place is in an amazing and beautiful environment, but please read all the reviews carefully and you will find a very consistent trend. The older woman who works here is one of the most awful and rude people I have ever met. Not only should she not be dealing in the hospitality business, she should not contact other human beings because she ruins the day of everyone she encounters. She must be the owner because she would have otherwise been fired long ago. Despite reading awful reviews about this woman for years, we have visited this beautiful place for many years. My kids love the place and the hot springs, but we will never be back. I made an RV reservation over the phone with a nice gentleman a couple of weeks ago. I specifically called them by phone because their reservation system on the internet was not working properly. He acknowledged they had a new reservation system that was having issues and set me up in the new system over the phone. I reserved an RV spot in the upper portion of the resort near the upper pool and lawn. However, I received a confirmation by email today (weeks after I made the reservation) indicating that we had reserved a spot at Belknap's sister property of Camp Yale. I have never stayed at Camp Yale, never wanted to stay at Camp Yale, and have specifically turned down reservations at Camp Yale each and every time offered to me when Belknap is full and no spots available. I have small children so will only stay at Belknap because of the convenience walking to the pools with little ones. When I called Belknap to resolve the issue today, the lady bit my head off immediately and said that I reserved a spot at Camp Yale. When I tried to explain to her that I had not, and that I reserved the spot with another person at Belknap (male) she insisted I booked Camp Yale and she would credit my charges back to me. She could not have possibly known this because I spoke with someone else not her. I have literally never in my life encountered a person so blatantly rude as this woman. For the sake of improving this beautiful resort, please do not give them your business. Force this business into liquidation or sale so someone interested in hospitality has the opportunity to run this beautiful resort. As a side note - the rest of the staff here is great. There is a younger woman I have seen each time we visited the resort, and she is very friendly and helpful. The gentleman I spoke with on the phone was equally nice and helpful. There is no reason for anyone to give this establishment business until they figure out a way to get the rude woman out of the operations for good. Shame on you ….. running a great spot and my kids' weekend ….

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
9  Thank Bret B
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This hot springs is beautiful BUT...I have never experienced such BAD customer service. The front desk staff were rude not only to us but to our very well mannered and polite children. Maybe because I wore no makeup and my favorite Sun dress from the 1990s the desk ladies assumed I couldn't afford to be there and we were treated accordingly. The older lady was very Draconian. She wouldn't let me sit next to the pool while my seven year old granddaughter was swimming unless I paid to swim also. I explained I didn't want to swim but as they had no lifeguard on duty, I wanted to be poolside in case MY granddaughter got in trouble. The lady refused saying non paying people took all the chairs from the paying people. THERE WERE NO OTHER PEOPLE OUT THERE!!!!! What a shame this beautiful place is staffed by such mean people. We won't ever go back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank JustanOpiniOn2014
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Loved this area on the Mackenzie River, beautiful place to explore. Lots of hiking and biking. The hot spring pools are really great. The rooms in the lodge are okay. We slept well on the bed. Could use a little freshening up. The bathroom really needed an upgrade, caulking on tubs were really old and the lighting was terrible. It looks dirty. But overall everything was good, no cranky lady at the front. The little restaurant was okay but very friendly. The views are spectacular. Will be back again. Very fun and quite relaxing place

Room Tip: We stayed in the lodge, room #12. Great view right above the pool and overlooks the river and scener...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Good for a retreat away from technology. Beautiful area (as all other reviews have said). We stayed at the lodge room 1. It was a bit tight but we had a jacuzzi tub and shower. We didn't use the tub since the pool (or oversized hot tub as I like to call it) was just feet away. The Jazz Band water sculpture was impressive. The seasonal Grill/restaurant was nice and accommodating. There are no other restaurants within walking distance so keep that in mind. There is a small store in the lodge for some basics. The continental breakfast was a little lacking but then again it is continental. No wifi and limited cell phone service but the room was clean and with the river right outside your door it was cool even in the middle of summer. Entertainment was wildlife with humming birds flying about and chipmunks scurrying around. For a nature watcher it was wonderful.

Room Tip: Take your pick, they have lodge rooms, cabins, RV and tent sites (even some tent sites you have to w...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank OM97123
Reviewed 12 July 2014

The grounds at Belknap Hot Springs are beyond beautiful and are lovingly maintained. There are multiple spots to set up badminton, croquet, volleyball, etc. for a really great family or group vacation.

I wavered between giving the resort a 3 and a 4 because the quality of our accommodations (Cabin 2) was less than stellar. I understand that if you travel with your dog, you will most likely get the digs that haven't been updated and are not the top quality the resort has to offer. Still, just because we travel with our pets doesn't mean that we aren't clean people. That said, we observed the following issues with this particular cabin:
• The bathroom floor was FILTHY. We wouldn't set foot in it without flip flops
• The inside of the bathroom door looked like it hadn't been cleaned since 2003. There were cob webs in all the corners of the bathroom and the top of the shower stall was gross too.
• The water pressure in the shower was barely a trickle. Remember that Seinfeld episode?
• The lighting was poor inside the cabin. If we hadn't had our Kindles we would have been fighting over the one dim bedside reading lamp.
• There is no air conditioning in this particular unit. You wouldn't need it 95% of the time here, but the weather is currently in the mid-90s and it got downright hot inside during the early evening. There was a fan in the closet, and there's a ceiling fan and enough windows to get a cross-breeze, but that doesn't help much in the hottest part of the day.
• The bed left us both with sore backs. Not a supportive mattress.

The good parts about the cabin:
• Location - very close proximity to the upper pool
• Decently equipped kitchen (although the placement of the microwave and silverware drawer are a bit odd).
• Nice deck with two trees growing up through it, overlooking the river (and the lower RV camp sites)
• You get to enjoy the wonderful soaking pools and have easy access to hiking the McKenzie River Trail right from your door!

You might want to know that there is no wi-fi in the cabins, although you can get it in the lodge lobby if you need to check emails or whatever. Cell service is spotty (Verizon). This did not factor into my review as we went there to get away from it all.

We were surprised at the lack of information available in the lobby on hiking, fishing, etc. All they had was literature from the on-site rafting company. When I asked about fishing spots, the woman at the desk suggested we drive 3 miles to the Ranger Station where we could get info. It would have been nice if the resort made an effort to have some of that literature on hand, especially since the Ranger Station is closed on weekends (open M-F until 4:30). So, if you're planning to head there on the weekend, do your research ahead of time.

Room Tip: The 5 non pet-friendly cabins are all newer, have air conditioning and presumably have better-lit in...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank CM97404
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We found lodge staff to be friendly, efficient and helpful.. We stayed two nights and only ate at the grill. The mineral pools were great, The tile could be updated, but it is hard to do such a thing while open all year since the turn of the century. We staying in Lodge #2 which is probably the cheapest and least desirable. The smoke from the evening campfire got into our room, but we would not choose that one again but another lodge room with a view of the river. Grill staff was friendly and helpful and the food was ok, since we didn't bring any. The grounds were amazing, well kept and lovely...

Room Tip: rooms in lodge are very old, but comfortable... small refrig. pay for the view of river...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
#1 of 3 in Vida
McKenzie River Inn
McKenzie River Inn
#3 of 3 in Vida

Been to Belknap Hot Springs Lodge and Gardens? Share your experiences!