“Wonderful Stay”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in McKenzie Bridge
Belknap Hot Springs Lodge and Gardens
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in McKenzie Bridge
Reviewed 7 June 2010

We spent 3 nights in the lodge on the first floor. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. It was relaxing and the staff was very friendly, especially Sandy at the front desk. The hot springs were wonderful. The setting is remote but very scenic along the Mackenzie River. They have beautiful gardens across the river.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank antiquersVirginia
There are newer reviews for Belknap Hot Springs Lodge and Gardens

Reviewed 6 June 2010

I should have reviewed TripAdvisor before I booked at Belknap. We rented a cabin for the weekend only for the purpose of sleeping there. Our friend was getting married at a local campground and we stayed there most of the time. Our cabin smelled of skunk, the bathroom sink was stopped up, I wore sandals in the shower as it didn't look very clean and the stovetop was filthy. To say the bed had a queen size mattress was incredible. It was so low and flat you'd almost have to crawl out of bed to get up. The mattress hasn't been replaced in many many years. The carpet was filthy. The dishes were stuck together and wet and certainly didn't use them. When I told the desk clerk about the skunk smell, he told me the housekeeping staff was done for the day and the materials were all locked up, he'd try to find me something. Nothing ever materialized. The next day while we were gone to the wedding, the housekeeping staff emptied the garbage, that was all and no spray. We left late on the 2nd day and didn't even spend the night it was so bad. I've camped and traveled all of the country via car and motorcycle, I've never had a room this bad. It's a shame cuz it's in Oregon.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank TrykerLady
Reviewed 11 May 2010

do not go here HORRID management
Review of Belknap Hot Springs Lodge and Gardens by 8041

I had been going to belknap hot springs for over 10 years...NOT ANYMORE .Marlene the so called manager is very un professional to run such an establishment, front desk staff rude and belittling..PLUS there was A RAT in the pool, when i reported it , no one came to get it out of the water or test the water to see if the chemicals were still fine in the pool. DONT waste your money here It is NOT what it use to be, the grounds are run down also.. My daughter came on sunday for mothers day, she need to pay a fee and we knew that, when she went to pay the $8 to go into the pool, the charged her $10.. said there is a min purchase, sounds like racketeering to me, take you family elsewhere...STAY FAR FAR away!
Pros: not one

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank funinthesun016
Reviewed 22 April 2010

After going to Belknap Hotsprings for over 20 years and loving it each time, I will never go back again! It is truely unfortunate. The spings are still wonderful and the facility is mostly very nice. The rooms could have been cleaner. The mouse trap under the master bed was a turn off and may not have been needed had they cleaned the crackers off the floor from the prior occupants.
The real issue however was the management. The desk clerk refuses to address any problems; calls the manager, but refuses to let me or my friend talk to the manager. We are rudely informed that all issues must be e-mailed to the manager after the fact. This guarentees that the customer will be and remain dissatisfied. When we object, the desk clerk informs us that we only want to yell at the manager. By now, the only problem we wanted to address was the rude and incompetent desk clerk. My friend e-mailed the day we got home, but the manager does not reply. Well they got my money for the4 last time. I can only hope they run it out of business and someone in the HOSPITALITY BUSINESS buys it again. I love the spot, but I won't be treated that way. The issues that we wanted to discuss were: We were told with no notice the main hot spring pool by the lodge would be closed for several hours because they were cleaning moss of the roof. Oh and by the way, they are working on the roof, so you need to keep your windows closed. SInce we were in a top floor room, it would have been very uncomfortable to hang out in a room with workers pounding and scraping all day in a room that would be 80 degrees. SO we all wnet for a four hour hike. As we left we saw the mud and moss being scraped INTO THE POOL! When we returned, the pool was now closed for at least 2 more hours. When we wanted to discuss that we had been deprived of our room and the use of the pool, we were berated, yelled at, not allowed to speak to management, etc. It then turned out that the pool was closed for the rest of the night. While we were there, still tryinng to get the desk clerk to call the manager, the manager called the desk clerk. Still we were not allowed to talk to the manager. It was a very frustrating experience. I have to wonder why a management needs to hide from the guests? Are the problems so frequent, they just hide? All the time? It did appear that the on duty desk clerk and the manager has a system set up for putting people off.
Well they have put this forerly long time guest way off. Never again! Save your money.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
6  Thank avalon_mist_lmt
Reviewed 21 April 2010

We stayed in the most expensive room in the lodge. Much to our dismay we found the A/C not working. It was a 80 degree day and it was hotter inside. There were only small windows to open and the screens kept popping out.
Management was VERY unhelpful and rude. Like they were doing US a favor to let us stay there. When we complained about the heat, their response: "Well did you turn on the portable fan?" There are signs everywhere in the room that there will be extra charges for the most minor things. They act like they think every guest will steal all the towels and dishes.
The heat was almost unbearable in the "library" and lobby.
The worst problem is they told us one morning that they were going to close the main pool for 4-5 hours while they cleaned the roof and thought it would be a good idea to close the windows in the room. (Raising the heat to intoreable). We watched them clean the roof off INTO THE POOL! We went for an all day hike and picnic (the grounds and gardens are amazing!!!!) We we got back at 5pm and the pool looked like an open septic tank. We talked the the manager on duty and she told us it would be open in the morning. It went downhill from there and the VERY SPENDY three days were ruined. It was to late to go to another motel and they were not at all interested in a refund or discount. She called her manager (owner?) who also treated in an extremely unprofessional manner.
We had been going there for twenty years and have never had a problem. They lost a longtime customer over this. And did we mention the mouse trap under the bed?

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank repoman55
Reviewed 11 April 2010

Anyone who puts this place down came in with the wrong expectations. This is basically an upscale camp site, with the usual rough rental cabins, riverside spots for RVs and tents. They do have a lodge where you can rent a room at a reasonable price, and I have not yet stayed in it; we Rv'd. I have visited twice in mid-summer, and it is idyllic. You hike/tour these unbelievably kept manicured gardens and hidden vistas; a Japanese teahouse hidden in the woods, an alpine meadow field that makes you feel like you are Julie Andrews yodeling in the Austrian hills, and secret garden pools behind walls deep in the woods. The unique gardens are worth the trip alone. The Lodge has a pool heated by the mineral hot springs that bubble up inside Belknap, and it was soothing and wonderful. I did not smell excess chlorine or mind the families playing with children; I was too busy dreaming along, floating and watching the hawks and eagles fly overhead out of the mountainside of pines next to the pool. Exotic! The Lodge has a little camp store, runs a small hamburger stand outside and I think that is it. No nightlife (besides your campfire) or fine dining; the place is a campsite, not a luxury spa or lodge (although it feels as if it should be hidden in this beauty). So- get off your high horse, rent an RV or pitch a tent , bring your own food or fishing gear, or stay in the lodge. It is soooo worth it!!! Belknap is camping heaven for the nature lover.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
7  Thank whatsitwerth
Reviewed 6 April 2010

As much as I appreciate wildlife, waking up to mice running through my things is not ok. Had we not driven 3 hours and gotten stuck in the late March snow, we would have turned and left before even unpacking. There was rodent feces on the counter tops, in the utensil drawer and just about every where else you do not want it to be. The stove top did not turn off, there was standing water under the sink and despite the presence of a "sani-strip" showing that the bathroom had been cleaned, there was a large pubic hair on the seat and hair from multiple people in the room. To top it off, the "mineral springs pools" that they advertise are more chlorinated than a gym pool. STAY AWAY!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Loloma Lodge
Loloma Lodge
#3 of 7 in McKenzie Bridge
The Wayfarer Resort

Been to Belknap Hot Springs Lodge and Gardens? Share your experiences!