“Great get away for some family time together.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in McKenzie Bridge
Belknap Hot Springs Lodge and Gardens
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in McKenzie Bridge
Bend, Oregon
“Great get away for some family time together.”
Reviewed 7 February 2011

We've stayed at the Springs twice in the last two years and have enjoyed our stays both times. The first time we stayed at the lodge. The room was basic, but not spartan. Even though there was a large family reunion in progress--we were the only lodgers not part of the family having the reunion--our stay was very enjoyable and the place was quiet at night. The lodge pool was clean and the other guests respectful. The breakfast wasn't expansive but we didn't expect it to be. For us, the absence of television, telephones, cell phones and the internet was a plus. We unplugged for the weekend and concentrated on each other. We have only gone to the springs during the winter months--can't comment much on the gardens and insects. We did not notice any rodents or rodent droppings. The staff wasn't rude.

Our most recent visit was a stay at a Camp Yale house #13. These are recently constructed homes a little over a mile from the Springs. We found it clean, well stocked, and a true surprise pleasure to stay in. There were seven of us--three small children and four adults. The kitchen was clean--all new appliances. Both bathrooms were spotless. Because of the 'remote' location, the houses are lightly used--but I now will not consider staying elsewhere when we return. There were elk in the meadow at sunrise. There is no traffic noise. The expansive living and dining area gave all of us plenty of room to relax and the children to play. It was a short and simple drive back to the lodge to enjoy the pools--we found both to be clean and free of any chlorine odor.

I read all of the reviews on this site before posting mine. There are wildly ranging accounts of the staff's lack of concern and poor customer service. I have not experienced either. I cannot complain about the cleanliness--both times our quarters and the facilities were clean and comfortable. No one should complain about the lack of television or the internet. Not having to listen to someone on the cell phone loudly discussing their life and times was worth the price of the room for me,

I ran hotels and restaurants for years when I was younger. Things never go perfectly, but the vehemence of the complaints leads me to believe there are some systemic problems here that need to be corrected. Most people who are satisfied with a purchase or experience never comment on it--they got what they paid for--what they expected. To get a positive comment, the customer has to be 'wowed' and this last trip, I was so 'wowed!' A customer who wants to complain about the slightest problem can be expected to do so, and now, in the world of the anonymous internet snark, one never knows who is saying what. The problems in the complaints are consistant, however. I plan on returning and if I have the negative experiences described I'll be back to say so. If not, expect another good review.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank scramer1949

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 30 January 2011

I just recently stayed at Belknap Hotsprings Lodge with my family. The room we stayed in was $120 a night...not very reasonable in my book for what we got! Our room was very dirty/dusty. It looks like they hadn't rented it out in awhile and never looked at the room before we got their. The window overlooking the pool and river had not been cleaned; the bathroom mirror was very streaked; all of the pictures in the room were very nasty. The blanket looked like it hadn't been washed in a long time. The base board heating looked like it might fall off of the wall at any moment. You could see dust everywhere along the edges of the carpet...Obviously they NEVER deep clean their rooms. It was very hard to keep the room at a comfortable temperature...It was extremely hot!
The Lady at the front desk got quite mean about giving us pool towels...accusing us of not returning the old ones and wanting to charge me to receive new ones. (I had returned the wet ones when she was NOT behind the counter).
I only saw one person working the grounds...Or more like it, just driving the golf cart around. The building and grounds are in obvious need of many, many repairs...So, I am speculating that the owners would rather just pocket all of the profit instead of putting some of the money made back into making Belknap a nice place! I read some of the other people's reviews on here, and can't believe that they would clean the moss off the roof and have it run into the hotsprings! That is disgusting! Couldn't they use like zinc strips on the roof and stop the moss from even growing to begin with? And another thing...I'm just wondering how "therapeutic" the hotsprings at Belknap really are anymore? All I smell is a lot of chlorine? To sum up everthing I have written; I would just like to send a special message to the OWNER of Belknap Hotsprings: You need to fix your little resort up; or word is going to continue to get around and people will no longer be visiting your establishment. Hire more people, preferably "nice" people, and start doing some upgrades to the place! its in dire need and you are losing business!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank roseeugene
Myrtle Point, Oregon
Reviewed 12 January 2011

Belknap is situated in a lovely wooded spot on the banks of the pristine McKenzie River about an hour's drive east of Eugene, Oregon. It's centrally located in the Cascade Mountains with easy access to hiking, fishing, and skiing, which is what we did. We stayed in the lodge which has been tastefully upgraded since our last stay 10 years ago. The room was spacious with a big living area and roomy bathroom (with two showers) downstairs, and a large sleeping loft with two double beds upstairs, and a balcony overlooking the river and the hot springs pool. Bring your own food as the outdoor snack bar is closed in the winter, and the continental breakfast is limited. There's a mini fridge in the room and a microwave and toaster available 24/7 in the common area near the office. The service was great. Our only complaint was that our room was not well heated.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Newport, Oregon
Reviewed 11 January 2011

Had heard great things about Belknap Hot Springs and had always wanted to go. Purchased gift certificate at fund-raiser and invited friends to spend weekend together and go cross-country skiing.

From the first phone call, the woman Marlene was extremely rude. When I called to make a reservation, she rudely stated that it was a minimum 2-night stay (which is fine, but could have been stated politely). I decided to pay for another night and then asked if I could pay for two dogs (the website says $10/dog), and she became very hostile (again) and stated that dogs were not allowed. I was confused (as many stated that it was a fun weekend to spend with your dogs), she stated the new homes did not allow pets. Then she was willing to break the rules but said it would be $40/dog. I decided to pay for two dogs, and she accused me of planning on bringing MORE dogs and only wanting to pay for two. After being treated rudely during each phone call, I hoped that we would be able to check-in and not have to interact with her further.

When we checked in, there was a different staff member who was very friendly. We had an enjoyable weekend, and checked out of our room before the 11 AM check-out time. After skiing that day, we thought we would warm up in the hot springs and change into dry clothes in the locker room at the springs before driving 3+ hours home. Marlene drove up to me in the parking lot and began grilling me accusingly (which unit had we stayed in, when were we checking out, etc). She was not allowing us to park our car in the parking lot as we had already checked out. One would think that after spending hundreds of dollars there for the weekend, that they would not begrudge us of a 10-minute soak to warm up.

I would love to make this an annual event to share with friends, but we will never return here due to how rudely we were spoken to by Marlene. I do not know if she is the owner or the head manager, but her attitude was unreasonable. She could have politely stated their policy if they did not want us to stay, but her tone of voice, accusations, and unfriendliness put a damper on the entire weekend.

I am also going to speak to the head of our hospital foundation so that future donors do not have to have such a negative experience for a weekend which should have been fun and relaxing.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank BillMurray411
Medford, Oregon
Reviewed 29 December 2010

DO NOT STAY HERE. My boyfriend and I planned a romantic vacation with our dogs to stay at the hot springs in cabin #5 on December 28.

The room was actually dirtier then my garage. "Rustic" doesn't mean dirty. We brought all of our own linens and packed all our meals. But, we could not stay in the room due the filth. This was a pet friendly room and my dog didn't even want to lay down on the floor. We could not stay in the room due to the filth. There was thick dust on the fake flower on the table, the no smoking sign on the table, cobwebs on the walls and dust and cobwebs stuck to the curtains. It looked as though it had not been cleaned in several months at least.

When we talked to the front desk staff, who would not give us her name or the name of the manager, she did not act surprised the room was so dirty and simply asked for our keys back. She refused to credit our two nights, finally stating she would credit one night since she considered this a "cancellation". We were just appalled that they would try to rent a room is such horrible condition and then not refund the money. I have been in dirty rooms before, but never had to leave a room because of the dirt.

SAVE YOURSELF the heartache and STAY AWAY!!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
7 Thank julyjen
Neskowin, Oregon
Reviewed 27 December 2010

We had a very nice getaway at Belknapp. The room was quite adequate and the breakfast plentiful. I would get a room with a kitchen next time as we really prefer a hot breakfast. There is such a nice looking kitchen where they serve the breakfast we wish they would make us hot breakfast there, but I know it is a lot of work.
The thermal water swimming pool makes the place really worth while and the very beautiful location. There is lovely scenery nearby and we also visited Clear Lake and rowed round that. Very memorable place to stay.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Seattle
Reviewed 17 November 2010

This is the second time I visit the Belknap hotsprings and can't tell you how much I enjoy it and yearn to come back. "Paradise" ain't a place without the angels. After a 7 hours drive from Seattle, my girlfriend and I got there late and found out that the lodge was closing. Nonetheless, the angel working that night, welcomed us and with an exceptionnal warmth she went the extra mile to make us feel welcomed and helped us get comfortable. With a professional attitude and a courteous smile, she handed us a map and a brochure and explained the different vicinities and amenities the unique Belknap offers. The pools, both the lower and the upper, were clean,hot, and occupied by friendly visitors. Driving from Seattle was totally worth it and we plan on doing it again. We love the Belknap hotsprings.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wonderfulpeople
Also consider these accommodations in or near McKenzie Bridge
McKenzie River Inn Lodging & Fine Dining
McKenzie River Mountain Resort
The Wayfarer Resort

Been to Belknap Hot Springs Lodge and Gardens? Share your experiences!