“Fun but very expensive!!”

Wings and Waves Waterpark
Ranked #2 of 34 things to do in McMinnville
Wilsonville, Oregon
77 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Fun but very expensive!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

First time to Wings and Waves. Overall had a very nice time with the kids but the admission price is too high!! It cost $125 for admission for 3 and snacks for the 4 hours we were there. Although the slides were fun and the airplane concept unique, I think Great Wolf Lodge is a much better deal.

Visited March 2014

McMinnville, Oregon
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fun For Everyone”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Very nice facility learning and fun too. The slides are great and the exercise is too. However it is VERY EXPENSIVE for our party of three it was over hundred dollars with the locker. Then if you want a small snack that is a little extra, but is good food for a fast food snack shack. Too bad it's overpriced for what it is as it makes difficult to take kids and their friends often. Going to Wilson ills at Bull Winkles is. Bigger bang for your buck and you et wet there too

Visited December 2013
Astoria, OR
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“OK - but not "Great Wolf Lodge" level.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

Overall, our son enjoyed the waterpark, but I was disappointed in several aspects:

No towels. Had to buy one for $23! VERY slippery tile floor, dangerous changing/shower area with no mats or ant-slip surfaces. I saw several people slip and had to walk very slow and carefully myself. It was also very cold in this area.

The lines to the water slides moved VERY slowly. I have never been to a waterpark with this slow of a line. The problem was obvious, once you got to the top and saw their system...

Although a nice warm temperature, the hot tub was way over chlorinated to the point of many people coughing when they got in, a lot got out quickly and were complaining of the same problem. My eyes were stinging so badly, that I had to get out pretty quickly too. I sat in the tables in this area for awhile and watched as everyone who got in and out had the same reactions.

A couple of the educational areas were closed, even though we were there on a Saturday during the school hoilday break time.

Although there were 2 basketball hoops in the water, there was only one ball. So one group, just kept using that ball for an extended period of time. When I inquired if someone could get another ball, the desk clerk just said, she didn't know, she guessed if they only had one out, the others must be "broken". More like too lazy to go air up a couple more for guest use. My husband said he asked a couple of the lifeguards as well and go the same type of I don't care attitude. (We both asked very nicely.)

None of the staff seemed happy or the least bit interested in customer service. At least at Great Wolf Lodge, there would have been the ability to have an adult beverage! We didn't stay long.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank QueenLaDeDa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fabulous - Fantastic - Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

Daughter and Grandson visiting from Anchorage, AK ...WOW what a great place. We couldn't believe what a wonderful fun filled facility. All ages in there having a great time. Will definitely go back for more!!!

Visited December 2013
Lake Oswego, Oregon
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Cool”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

I think this water park is cool. The slides are amazing. Family friendly. But it is expensive. I rate this water park 4 out of 5 stars. I recommend it.

1 Thank CTL21

Been to Wings and Waves Waterpark? Share your experiences!