“Wow”

Wings and Waves Waterpark
Ranked #2 of 36 things to do in McMinnville
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The price of admission is very expensive. Just to watch your kids cost you. Not something you could do all the time.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I have been to a lot of waterparks and this one was pretty cool. Sliding out of a 747 on 4 different slides is something that you soon wont forget. Great service and a lot of fun.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

This water park is a kick. We played for 6 hours. Liked the slides, loved the wave pool. Really enjoyed the hands on educational center upstairs. The cafe food is pretty bleh and expensive, but you can get an all day pass that allows you to leave and return so you can eat out of a cooler or go grab a bite. My family can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I have grown up in the NW for 35 years, and the only water park around was Wild Waves in Fife, WA. Wild waves is outdoors, so when my husband told me his excavation company was preparing to build Wings and Waves we were on pins and needles till we could visit. This place DOES NOT DISAPPOINT! What kid wouldn't want to board a water slide through a real Boeing 747 that was placed on the roof of the building. 10 massive water slides ranging from beginning to advanced. Large Wave pool and the best part was a HUGE smaller kid area complete with mini slides that are just their size along with places to explore and climb. This place kept me two younger kids busy for hours while my husband and older son enjoyed the slides. There is also a large Hot Tub for parents to sit in and watch the younger kids play. Next to the hot tub is a larger pool where you can feel jets that take you through a mini whirlpool. I only with we lived closer and the price was a little lower, otherwise we would be there once a month. Large bathroom and locker rooms. There is no other place indoors or outdoors in Oregon like this. You have to check it out!!!

1  Thank RachelleLay
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I will not repeat Isabella427 because I agree with virtually everything she said. This is not a thrill-seeker's water park, but it is fantastic for a family with children from very young and up. I do think the price of admission should be lowered by a few bucks, but I must say that we spent 6 hours at the park and the time flew by.

We were there on a Wednesday, and the lines for the slides were very short, generally about a 5 minute wait. If the wait was significantly longer I don't think I would we would have enjoyed the experience nearly as much, so you may want to avoid "peak" days.

The best thing about the park is how clean it is. I was very pleased to walk in and find the place pristine! The physical layout is centralized in a way that you can easily find members of your group very quickly, which also makes keeping an eye on your children relatively easy.
You can't bring food in. The cafe is available, but I suggest packing a cooler with lunch and leaving it in your car for later. Exit and reentry is a breeze with your wristband. There is a well maintained park with several nice picnic tables where you can take a break in the action and have lunch (provided the weather outside is ok).

1  Thank aguman

Been to Wings and Waves Waterpark? Share your experiences!